STBB 602

CarefulWastefulEmperorshrimp-size_restri

samples: https://we.tl/t-sm69foHeBx

rules: use at least something from both samples

outside drums/synths/instruments/scratches/fx/original vocals allowed

no acapellas plz

no outside samples unless from a cereal ad/commercial

fuck it im not good with special rules. feel the crunch.

The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 602“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample to WeTransfer

Happy flipping!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, B-Jam vs Enos said:

PLEASE PUT A HOLD ON SUBMITTING BEATS FOR THIS ONE.  I MUCKED UP WHEN COUNTING THE SCORE AND IN FACT #601 WAS WON BY JACKAL, NOT SLANTEYEZ, SO I THINK JACKAL WILL BE POSTING A NEW #602 UP SOON.

Apologies if i've wasted anyone's time who may have started this. 😐

Nooo! Lol, I'm not posting anything. Already started on this weeks battle haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, slanteyez said:

damn hahaha, congrats JAKAL.

whats the plan now?

JAKAL has decided just to run with the rules/samples you posted for #602 which was nice of him. 😎 (although he had already started! ☺️)

As long as everyone is happy it's all good.

used drums from 2nd sample, everything else from the first…enjoy!

7 hours ago, The Jackal said:

Nooo! Lol, I'm not posting anything. Already started on this weeks battle haha 

ouch. !t's all good nobody is perfect. i'm glad i check the thread just now.

so i used both samples in the beat.  the sample with the guitar i reamped it through a 4x12 cabinet.  so i found some commercials too haha.  the second part has a rice krispies sample.  then during that kellogs tony the tiger frosted flakes commercial there was a dope dope ass bell tone or something. i wanted to just jam and vamp around cuzzo.  so i just timestretched it.  i play a bass guitar part in F# then i just jammed over it in E when you hear the guy say swing later.  the swing stuff and talk comes from a sugar smacks commercial.  the intro was from rice krispies and sugar crisps.  the 2 main samples in the first part of the beat are the samples provided.  played bass in this later on and also guitar through my afterneath.  mixed this whole thing live to a Denon DH-710 Reel to Reel.  hope ya dig.  time for food.  good 5 hours of fun on this one.  

• Like 1

Hey All, Cheers to both winners. Hope all are well. I think we are about to loose power for a while so Ima post this now.  No problems B Jam I think we all know there was an absence of malice..

Peace, Hugh

• Like 1

Wow what a week.  I reckon this is my best track to date!  😎  Thanks very much to slanteyez for providing the ace samples and I liked the obscure rule.  I must have listened to about 100 old cereal adverts before I found one from the 50s talking about the benefits of Special K that was perfect for the bonkers beat I made. 😄

I used both samples extensively and there were more than enough great chops in them so I didn't need to add any other instrumentation other than very occasional background strings.    I really enjoyed jumping between the two samples back and forth with one choking the other.  Made for some great counterplay and crazy creative chops.

I'm ready for the next round :) 

Congratz to Jackal for the win.

so i messed up with the Desires Sample and found a silly Kellogs Apple Jacks commercial wich I used for my intro (and a Drumroll I sampled out of it 😃 )  It makes no sense, but it was such a fun making this beat.

Peace

This was one hell of a good time. Made this last night with my boi K.Dvai on the fly. Couldn't give much time to the final product but what the hell.  We used both samples but mostly the one with the guitar.We also used three 80s cereal commercial's. For the opening we got the apple jack's sample with a guitar chop as well to start the track. Then raisin bran for the scoop chops and another for the nutritious breakfast part. We also broke it into two parts like two scoops One heck of a special rule. Congrats on the win Jackal!    

hey it's been awhile since i've done an STBB! had really fun and i thought it was challenging to make something outta both samples!  everyone seems to have made some really dope stuff so far looking forward to see what other people also come up with!

Congratz on the win, dope samples!!

Cant participate this week, thats a bummer....

Pz and everyone good luck, will listen to all the entries

prob my last upload through this account on stbb cause i changed my name to SaltBaeji (to match the profilephoto :wacko:)... used the vinyl noise intro from anatoly fomin and sampled the second beat. also used a fun cereal commercial sample! Hope you like it!

First submission for stbb looking forward to more! shoutout slanteyez for the sick samples.