LoniusTemp

STBB #601 - Japan, optional extreme-production rule

Used the provided sample & some Mari Nakamoto singing action & some Orang-Utan Isao Suzuki trumpet action.

Also added effects, piano, bass, drums...the usual.

For the production stuff - A ) went for mono (we had this in a battle some time ago, also I wanted to do this for the trip hop track but I chickened out, so I did that now. Actually put the master through an RX950 emulation, which I set in mono. Also gave it a bit distortion. Phew, mixing is tough in mono. B ) Sidechain kick -> Main sample.

hope u dig.

congratulations on that last "W"  Lonius. Now we challenge your kung fu technique 

and looks like i picked bad time to post lol. happy b day Joa

Represent Japan......... VOX is YAMAHA hatsune miku(初音ミク)...

10 hours ago, Granny David said:

Happy Birthday! Life has only just begun

thanks bro, appreciate it..

I'm thinking I'm about halfway but just about getting the hang of it ;)

• Like 1

Happy 40th birthday JoaGymshoe, going to need to do this to myself after seeing the photo

men_in_black_grande.gif?v=1498575933

14 minutes ago, Psychedelic Schizophrenic said:

Happy 40th birthday JoaGymshoe, going to need to do this to myself after seeing the photo

hahaha, was it the hose?  ;)..  thanks man, appreciated.

• Like 1

sup y'all i'm back in the mix>>>>>

extreme production technique was recording the beat from 100% live fingerdrumming, no edits! also used vocals from an old Japanese group called "The Peanuts" [RIP]

here's the video of the beat being made: 

• Like 2

Used a Ryuichi Sakamoto track as the additional sample. Lots of fun! Can't wait to check out the rest of the tracks, PEACE!

Also, 

HAPPY BDAY JOA!

Yo! What's popping peps? 

Sneaking in a quick beat this week, Jammed out a little something tonight.

just 2 hours work....

I'm Off to go smoke a Zoot. 

Peace. 

Yo, what's up guys! Here's my entry for this week's beat battle. Artwork, Drumming, Percussion, Bass, Chops, Scratches, Vocals, Engineering, Video all created by hands of D-Skillz

ENJOY!

1 hour ago, D-Skillz said:

thank you D.. appreciate it :)

YOW.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOA!!! ONE CUZZO TO ANOTHER CUZZO....HAPPY BORN DAY...GONNA GO RINSE MY EYES WITH BLEACH NOW.... 

3 hours ago, FatVonFree said:

CUZZO 

..bruvvv! ..thanks man.. appreciate it.. and you.. what,piece a hot white chocolate got you buggin' ;) 

❤️

10 hours ago, B-Jam vs Enos said:

Happy birthday Joa. 😀

appreciate it B.. thank you

On 9/11/2018 at 9:35 PM, PBB said:

For the production stuff - A ) went for mono (we had this in a battle some time ago, also I wanted to do this for the trip hop track but I chickened out, so I did that now. Actually put the master through an RX950 emulation, which I set in mono. Also gave it a bit distortion. Phew, mixing is tough in mono. B ) Sidechain kick -> Main sample.

Hey man.  About RX950; i've been using it on a load of parts for months, as it's great, but I found it wasn't always that great on tracks with low end as it could make them a bit phasey.  I've replaced it for low end parts with TAL-Dac, which sounds even better IMO and loses none of that low end weight!   (Plus as lots more control)  RX950 still has its merits though, such as the instant mojo and great LP filter, so i'm using a combo of the two these days.

Don't sleep on GoodHertz Vulf Compressor either if you are looking for classic hip hop hardware emu's.  It emulates Vinyl Compression mode from the SP-303, but gives so much more control.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, B-Jam vs Enos said:

Hey man.  About RX950; i've been using it on a load of parts for months, as it's great, but I found it wasn't always that great on tracks with low end as it could make them a bit phasey.  I've replaced it for low end parts with TAL-Dac, which sounds even better IMO and loses none of that low end weight!   (Plus as lots more control)  RX950 still has its merits though, such as the instant mojo and great LP filter, so i'm using a combo of the two these days.

Don't sleep on GoodHertz Vulf Compressor either if you are looking for classic hip hop hardware emu's.  It emulates Vinyl Compression mode from the SP-303, but gives so much more control.

Thanks for the advice man, I'll check that out. And yeah u're right, the RX doesn't handle the low end very well...haven't thought about just putting it on mid-high!

On 9/11/2018 at 2:18 PM, JoaGymshoe said:

nicely spoken Hugh..

I'm sure someone was just agreeing with you that more could've been done with the silence rule..  I know I did

annoying btw that you can't tell who liked peoples posts anymore.. used to say so on the previous forum

wanna leave you guys with this..
not in the bb this week

pz Joa

joa_fb.png

DUDE YOU LOOK FUCKIN SHREDDED. ;)

Belated happy B-day!

On 9/12/2018 at 4:28 PM, JoaGymshoe said:

hahaha, was it the hose?  ;)..  thanks man, appreciated.

Lol man, it was far too early as I didn't expect to see a photo first thing in morning of you with your hose in hand 😫😂

Hey Joa, Happy Birthday you young whippersnapper! I turned 50 last week. Virgos do it with household appliances. Hope you had a great one. Here is a pic from mine. See those glasses on my collar- you will need a pair like them very soon. Peace, Hugh

452720480_50pic.jpg.95880f5d29fb15fd46f701f6afa14d1e.jpg