Hey, what's up guys!

Here's my votes for this week's beat battle:

1. Lonius

2. WigMaster

3. JAKAL

PEACE!

1 hour ago, Detritus Tabu said:

1. Lonius (he made the rules his bitch and us too to be honest.)

2.Axwai ( the space was between the notes y'all dig)

3.DJ Agent M (man I just loved how chopped that guitar and the over all mix and vibe were excellent)

I thought there could have been much more use of the silence rule (producers always gotta be fingering some pads and twiddling some knob or they go crazy). Shout Outs to enzo,sonic.kapp.kow.per du. elan vital

Agreed re the silence rule.  There were only a few tracks that I really noticed creative use of silence, with Lonius's being the most creative and well implemented by a good margin IMO.

I know I like to try and vote based on how well the rules were adhered to along with how much I like a track in general, and i'm sure i'm not the only one here. 

Creative use of silence is challenging one to implement other than the tried and tested 1 beat silences that hundreds of tracks have used in the past, or stutter FX which I know I like, but often aren't massively creative (depends how they are done), so it takes a very skilled beatmaker to do what Lonius did IMO.

I know what you mean about producers always twiddling knobs or fingering pads, and I know i'm sometimes bad for it!   'Less is more' is often good advice and I know i'm trying to be better at keeping tracks leaner and letting what's not there be almost as important as what is.

• Like 1

[STBB #600 RESULT]

1. Lonius  59
2. Élan Vital  38
3. Beatfux  37

After strong starts for Élan Vital and Beatfux, Lonius ripped into the lead with 10 first place votes and he's won STBB #600 with a massive 59 points.  Not sure what the record is but I know it's the most points scored since i've been here.  Well done Lonius.  Well deserved! ☺️

Here's a view only link to the scorecard and full leaderboard if anyone wants to have a look. 👍 Good to see a few new names in the top 10 this week. (New to me anyway, some of them may just be back competing after an extended break). 

Congratulations LONIUS on a convincing win!

Had a lot of fun working with the samples and concept.

Thanks to everyone for the kind feedback and votes.

Always a pleasure listening to everyone's take - So much inspiration!

Peace

DOPE! congrats to LONIUS and thanks for your votes and mentions! that scorecard is madness but it's nice to have some stats :)

CONGRATULATIONS LONIUS!