FatVonFree

STBB 599 Dark Trip Hop

STBB 599

Thanks for the votes last week guys.....This week..........

DARK TRIP HOP

I love trip hop...yall know how i feel about >>>>  Beth Gibbons 

41ad0f88ea5729d52ea79d1316f17abd.thumb.jpg.0162208537516da8bb0a6ba5588a1a50.jpg

The trip hop I love is the darker rob your own grandmother type than some of the later watered down junts.  So I included a pack of samples that all are only around 1 minute a piece.  MAKE SOMETHING EVIL DAMN IT....

THE RULES

1) . USE 2 (*OR MORE) SAMPLES TO MAKE ONE BEAT 

2) . BEAT MUST BE LESS THAN 2 MINUTES 

3 ) . DONT FIND THE FULL SONGS AND USE OTHER PARTS LOL 

4) . HAVE FUN 

5) . The samples provided should be the foundation for ya beat

THEEEE SAMPLES>>>   https://we.tl/t-gUR3PU8ssd

....make something dark.  The soundtrack to something evil....like a beat to throat punch B-Jam for coming up with them tough ass rules last week.  😐... 

OUTSIDE INSTRUMENTS ALLOWED....ACAPELLAS ALLOWED...OUTSIDE DRUMS ALLOWED.YA VOICE ALLOWED...PERCS...Skits allowed...keep them short...see rule 5...FX ALL THAT....ONLY THING YOU CAN'T DO IS FIND THE FULL SONG AND USE ANOTHER PART OF IT.  will be around to answer questions for a while....USE 2 SAMPLES TO MAKE THAT BEAT...*IF YA WANNA USE MORE THAN 2 SAMPLES....HELLL YEAH GO FOR IT..THE REQUIREMENT THOUGH IS ONLY 2....

The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 598“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
Votes must be posted by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time.

Winner: post new samples, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload to WeTransfer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hell yeah FVF!  I'm all over this vibe.

Great samples and a ton of scope this week with them and the rules, which is just as interesting as stricter rules as we get to do more freestyle!  Keepin it dark though, no doubt. 😈

Loading up Maschine now...

Congratulations Fatman. Hell of a beat.

I am down with trip hop, but I never really tried to make some, so this will be an interesting week for me.

dope af... Fvf ff aaFF.vvff ;)

• Haha 1

@FatVonFreeSo we can use Skits ... Thats what you meant by .. 

2 hours ago, FatVonFree said:

ONLY THING YOU CAN'T DO IS USE FIND THE FULL SONG AND USE ANOTHER PART OF IT

If so then Im in this to win this. 

The Sample you provided are already DARK! all of them are Raw.

5 minutes ago, DaDamnDetail said:

@FatVonFreeSo we can use Skits ... Thats what you meant by .. 

The samples need to be the foundation of your beat.  Don't listen to the samples i provided, then find the original and use other parts that were not  provided, its stated in red where the rules are too....  if the majority of your song is a skit it breaks one of the rules listed also.  use a skit if ya want.  use the samples and make a dark beat.  samples are dark but can still easily be  flipped into something happy and friendly.  very easily.  but this week. lets make dark tracks.  happy flipping

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DaDamnDetail said:

If so then Im in this to win this. 

hahaha.. send me a beat you little devil.. I'll rap on it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

hahaha.. send me a beat you little devil.. I'll rap on it.

Ey Joa, it's that easy to get you on a beat?

Damn it and I've been thinking all these months on how to approach you.🙈🙃

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PBB said:

Ey Joa, it's that easy to get you on a beat?

Damn it and I've been thinking all these months on how to approach you.🙈🙃

LOL YOOOOOO.  saaame shit here homie.  have collabed with Joa twice now.  but yeah before that i was thinking the same thing after i kept hearing him rap on stuff.  "how do i approach this guy" lol...the next shit is omfg....what if he thinks this track im about to send is  trash lol.  i hate sending beats to folks.  both times i collaborated with him i was pacing the floor and even thought....i should tell em im sick or my computer died.  

• Haha 1

haha, you guys are too funny..    ...and I'm always thinking.. I gotta do this beat justice..

you can send me something any time.. if I feel it I'll write a verse on it.. and even then sometimes it happens I don't pull it off in the end..

just teasing our friendly neighborhood troll 'da damn detail' ..he promised to enter so many times.. never does

• Like 1

You know guys it's funny hearing you all doubtin your skills. ☺️  I know it's totally natural for everyone to do that, but still, when you take a moment to look at a couple of your STBB peers who are saying it when you know how great they are, at some point, when you've felt the love of the community multiple times, you just gotta realise that you also have that something we collectively rate and be confident you are going to bring the heat.  So many of us are showing great skills and it's all one love brothers. That combined with everyone being humble, supportive, and respectful, it's a magic mix.

Let's just keep lovin that we create, we collab and we contribute to this great scene. 😎

• Like 4

word..

Nice win fam, I am going to listen to some Portishead in a dark room to get into the mood. Congrats and great samples.

Yo, congratulations on the win FatVonFree

Can't wait to check out the samples!

PEACE!

Congrats on ur win, will check it get home later I never listen to that genre before but I will definitely give it a listen any suggestions 

So...usually I finish rather late to the deadline, but after one crazy 6-7 hour session today, I just wanted to finish, or I will go crazy. Trip hop is really amazing sound/mix wise, and I sunk into it and tried to cover at least some of the basics, but man it's not that simple. I used one sample (I think #6) as the main sample, and put another on top. Added effects, drums (kinda proud of them, at least to me they are trip hoppy), some guitar, synths, and my lovely girlfriend provided some vocals (the humming to the end, which is a liiiiittle of pitch, but whatever). I hope you dig it! Now for the first time ever, I can now relax and wait on what you guys are cooking up. :)

aaah, dudes.. hopefully someone will be able to help me out?.. I'm wrecking my brain and searching te internet..

it's this classic triphop track.. from the ninetees I think..  and it has this dope scratching on it …" 'zigga zigga' ..LIKE THAT"

that's not the title though.. I think it might be "Tricky" ..

15 minutes ago, Detritus Tabu said:

you're right this isn't it..
but thanks for reminding me of this one.
had a girfriend in the nintees who listened to all this stuff
doing research now I'm realising how much triphop tracks I know.. and love

the track sorta has this classic bassline like Portishead in this one, say around the three and a half minute mark..
I think it had no lyrics.. jus that scratch "like that"

I'm slowly spiraling down going crazy not being able to find this track..
very useful for inspiring me to do this dark triphop track:P

• Like 1

Yeah!.. finally found it!..

okay, it does have vocals.. sorry Beth.. pardon me FvF  ;)

• Like 1

have yet to start..
been listening to some more music..
saw Massive Attack live at Lowlands festival on 2006

night.. pzzz

congrats fat! potential legendary streak if you win this week😄

I used 6 2 and 3 for this, was obsessed with portishead when I was younger and haven't given the genre listen for quite a few years now so this was a really cool memory trip, took me in a way different direction than my normal battle beats

When I started out I basically wanted to make music that sounded like them (as well as some other trip-hop stuff like massive attack/DJ Krush from Japan etc)and they're probably one of my biggest influences even though it's probably unrecognisable in my current day beats

Anyone into Ninja Tune?

Congratz on the win! And nice battle rules 😊

here’s mine for this week, used slices/chops/little parts of all te samples , layered/combined some to create a minimal vibe 

only outside drums and vocal samples, hope ya’ll enjoy mine greetz GAIT

Gongrats for the win man!

I was really into trip hop when I was a teenager back in the mid nineties.Good times.

Dope samples, got this Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble vibes.(BTW is any of the samples from them?) 

I'm not sure if this is considered to be trip hop but here you go.