Here is my beat. This was really hard for me, ended up just randomly chopping and tuning things to work together so there's pieces of each sample floating around. Only added drums and bass. 

I had fun doing this one. Learned a couple of things on jjos128xl as well. Looking forward to checking out everyones entries tomorrow. I need to take my ass to bed my sleeping has been jacked lately. Peace!

congratz on the win

heres my entry,I've used all samples

Here’s my entry for this weeks battle

As per normal it was all chopped, layered, Fx's and produced on the MPC 2500 this week. Always cool to read how other people produce, useing different approaches, techniques etc. Here’s a little bit of what I did to produce my entry this week.

Nothing outside used apart from the drums which I chopped from a few breaks. I took a 4 bar section from the Susumu Yokota track, chucked it into NDC on JJOS XL pitched it down and then put all 32 chopped samples in reverse. I found a nice 4 chop bit that looped nicely, added 4 band EQ and Fly pan Fxs to it. I then took 4 chops from each of the intros of the John Martyn and Dale Jacobs tracks to use as Fxs throughout the beat while adding EQ and compressor from the master Fxs too all the tracks on the 2500 to enhance the drums a little.

Look forward to checking out everyone elses beats

• Like 1

Congratz! 

I hadn't got much time to finish it properly...here what i've got, all samples used

hi !
track based on two visions of the Joa's chops,the 3x4 chops are in the main loop, He do most of them then I've made some additional drums and another beat structure. Joa make the mix between the 2 versions
  • Like 1

I used all three within first minute I really didnt love the beat so I kept it short

Hey, what's up guys! I had a really long week, being my birthday this week. I had track finished and all and I woke up an hour past the midnight deadline. Anyways, here's my late addition to the beat battle. Enjoy!

Yo!

Whats good? 

A Late entry from me,

Damn I need to get my shit together.

Mad hectic shit with not being paid at work. 2 months with no pay. Waiting until next week. 

Any way slapped some thing together last night, and then fell asleep. oops .

Peace. 

6 hours ago, Heavy Drama said:

STBB #598
VOTE

mark your Late and non-entries in your track title on SC

4 hours ago, The Wig Master said:
listed as late entry in the genre box on Soundcloud

reposting it but plz put it in the title track like the rules specify coz it's too easy to miss in the genrebox.. cheers

On 8/19/2018 at 7:51 AM, LoniusTemp said:

oops, forgot the explanation

Made the susumu yokota into 3 drum hits plus 1 echoey sound, made 4 chord chops from the dale jacobs joint and slowed them way down/filtered, the string is a pitched/stretched note from the guitar/synth type sound in the john martyn and there are a bunch of organ chops from that as well. Dunno if it's too late for a repost but I made a little reworking of it without samples as well

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JoaGymshoe said:

reposting it but plz put it in the title track like the rules specify coz it's too easy to miss in the genrebox.. cheers

my bad, g--missed that part. thanks

On 8/19/2018 at 6:53 AM, FatVonFree said:

will be back in a bit to explain the chops.  its almost 3pm.  lol been workin on this since 8am.  my face hurts and i need food and beer cuzzo

ALRIGHT HERE GOES::: INTRO has main chop.SUSUMU.  total of about 8 or more chops being triggered.  i played bass...(bass run through my space echo for that oscillating part).  Once the drums kick in its the same sample but other chops.  .i have 3 sections of that going throughout the entire track. , even more chops....  i actually played drums on it.  all the percussion is me also.   next SAMPLE kicks in at:: 53 seconds.  its the dale jacobs sample.  RIGHT EAR  its 5 pieces/chops i triggered together to make a loop.. i ran that into a wah pedal into a delay into a 20 watt swamp works tube amp. wah pedal stayed stationary i just wanted it to roll off some of the highs.... the last sample is the john martyn. comes in at 1:18 RIGHT EAR i triggered 7 chops (guitar and horns in there. HAD TO TUNE THEM AND MAKE THEM COHESIVE.  ran them into an earthquaker devices afterneath out into one of my trash amps i use just to blow up shit  and get weird textures.  captured that back into ableton, then layered it in.  fun shit took me about 6 1/2 hours to do today. lookin fwd to more aggravation lol.  shit racked my brain today.  will put a link up of a vid showing my sample chops.  gimme a second.  

VIDEO SHOWING JUST AN EARLY STAGE OF THE CHOPS CUZZO    loud noise in background is 4 amplifiers running lol    https://youtu.be/ZTWOGl-cxqo

Nice one bro.  Really cool hearing about and seeing some of your process.

I guess I gave you (and the rest of us) the level of challenge you requested? 😁