STBB #593 VOTE

STBB#593
VOTE

Nelson Mandela GIF

this weeks entries:

Use this thread to vote while making sure to effectively utilize:

BIG lettering,

BOLD fontsand/or CRAZY-AsSCOLORS

Voting allowed from 1 posted beat or 5 posts up, having listened to all beats.
Do not vote for yourself!

Must vote in order to be eligible for the win this week

mind the special rule(s) when placing your votes

VOTE 1st 2nd and 3rd place
for 5, 3 and 1 points respectively

Otherwise your vote will not be counted

mark your Late and non-entries in your track title on SC

Voting ENDS Friday @ Midnight, Pacific Time

To the winner: PLEASE POST NEW SAMPLE AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME

FAQ'S CONCERNING BEAT BATTLE
If you would like to follow the winner's blog, CLICK HERE

• Like 1

SOME.1

FATVONFREE

DEFMUTE

1. Fat Von Free

2. B-Jam VS. Enos

3. 2NIT

• Like 1

GUYS. All a y'all outdone y'all selves, and you know it, you kind of making me angry right now. Because I thought I had a good thing, selected from a good four ideas I had going on in Ableton, and this week just took me to school innit

I'm about to burn some of the beautiful things I heard to a CD just to cruise to (don't worry the people affected got a PM waiting for them to paypal them some I'm not naming no numbers I'm just a humble fan, shit got me in the feels nah?)

in order of (reverse) likes;
per.du: not expecting this.. take me back to the noughties with some ill programmed drum work, no idea I needed this
bigfamily: cool bump you got there, just tight, I know on this joint I don't have to *think* or anything it's just flow
TkC: digging the mixing you did of all these samples together, seems effortless you know?
naturelle.boombap: yeah what the fuck. no idea where you got all this from. then the vocals come in. man fuck. you got it. and the way it cuts from the chorus to the verse kind of, it's done! naturelle naturelle!
:.Nella.Good.Fella.:: been hearin' you brother. this beat. digging how you used the tones sample, it's like jazz because I can't see where the next measure is tonically/melodically going to go, but with the drums it's kind of held with its feet to the ground as well. like no biggie. we gots this. one
Detritus Tabu3: couldn't figure out how to use the spacy vocals, well you did though, you took everybody there, no pressure, just these vibes
Zifhang: not cliff hanging, just hanging, this that thinking back of how fucked up and how beautiful our youths were and where we think of going with this thing called life really-
.gerald: where the fuuuck did you get these drums, then with the vocals this whole composition? honestly curious for your process. and that's before this little arp comes in. that's a viiiiibe honestly this rivals with the best of 'em. getting philosophical with the beats. no cure
SO.ME1 a.k.a. P1: there you have it, this is like you playing the trumpet yourself n shit, hey! would probably feel kind of wrong not to drink some wine while this track is on speakers
defMute: took.. it.. down.. low.. lofi.. but this mixing something that has been well thought out
FatVonFree: gave my last favor... gat damn.. this shit so reel.. gone out my way more than enough.. unless you asking me what you can do for me.. don't say shit.. ugh!! I'm not even starting about the visuals that you are working on. born to create
Kowalzki: too cold with the vocals, like they sprinkled in there with the high bell notes, like I said drums fit, no, fuck this this a world champion beat, fuck off man please. this that wind down, man I know my wine is all gone I'm about to do some drugs just to come down on it with this song on repeat in the back

Man this playlist is something. I'm not fucking around when I'm saying this week was hard.. ridiculously difficult to order and prioritise and whatnot, everybody did a bomb ass beat ///// I'm genuinely glad and proud to be part of this. Here's the wins;
1. FatVonFree
2. .gerald
3. Kowalzki

• Like 7

Definitely a challenging week for voting!

1. Zifhang

2. B-Jam vs Enos

3. SO.ME1 aka P1

Kongchain,  naturelle.boombap

Oi! Tudo Bem?

Yo! what’s good people?!? lot’s of dope tracks from all that took part.

So many strong entries,

Big ups and mad production skills too…

D-Skillz Music,  JAKAL,  per.du,  slik Nik,  elan vital,  Kowalzki,  TkC,  naturelle.boombap,  ⚁N!T,  Kongchain,  Ārusuto

My top 3 this week are…

3. jeonkwangho

2. Granny David

1. CHiLLWiLL1013

Paz.

Thx for you dope feedback (esp. Cascassette, gotta do this detailed feedback again as well).
I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't be able to do a fair voting today (bc work).... (listening to every beat twice or more times, like I normally do), so I'll be out this week and next.

giphy.gif

peace.
paul

SC account mods..... i don't know how to tell you this..... but..... i'm late. 

not sure who is responsible, tests are ongoing.

but appreciate your support until we learn more. need a re-post on my late entry.

will see you later tonight for voting.

xo

BLeS24

1. Kowalzki

2.naturelle.boombap

3.elan vital

Shoutout to cascassette for his in depth review!

Awesome battle this week, loved the choice of samples. 

1. Kowalzki

2. B-Jam vs Enos

3. Kong

Ayy guys posting as I run out the door to work, so no flashy font bizness this week. Just gonna keep it basic.

3.DefMute

2. FatsVonF.

1. Kowalzki 

Everyone brought it this week though, props all around.

Peace

1 Kowalzki

2 per.du

3 SO.ME1

If I had one more vote, Nella Good Fella would've gotten it.

I'll send some comments on SC tonight. Really liked a lot of what I listened to. It's only when you compete that you REALLY listen in detail to all the entries. And the level is so high. 

Peace

1 Kowalzki (man you're killin me, it's just too good....go and get your on league and leave us ordinary people alone!)

2 B-Jam (loud, heavy and epic)

3 D-Skillz (love the forward going drive)

Who also stood out to me in no particular order: FatVonFree, Kongchain, Dez Nyce, 2nite, naturelle boombap & TkC

1.DEFMUTE KING!

2.FATVONFREE

3.NATURELLEBOOMBAP

4.DSKILLZ

BJAMVSENOS, KONGCHAIN, GERALD, NELLA, GRANNYDAVID, JEONKWANGHO, DEZNYCE, CASCASSETTE great review btw. big ups!

Many thanks for the positive feedback, really glad my stuff was received that well, much love fam!

1. FATVONFREE

2 . B-JAM vs ENOS

3.   TKC

1. Kowalzki

2. Per.du

3. Defmute

Enjoyed many others, but need to give shout outs to B-Jam vs Enos  (slammin), FVF,  Naturelle.boombap, Detritus Tabu3, Granny David (damn cheeky switch up), ruedenz

1. JAKAL - So many nice parts to this, and lots of nice little variations and changes, very intricate. Props!
  2. Kowalzki - Great that swing in the first half, and the change up half way through is ill!
  3. SO.ME1 a.k.a P1 - Nice big vibe and lovin' the drums.
  4. FatVonFree - Lovely vocal/bass as usual, and very nice atmos. All in all a very finished sounding track.
  5. Kongchain - Heavy bounce and sick keys/bass.

Picking #3 was a real tough one and I could have went for 4 or 5 happily.

Solid week though, and no wonder with the great sample selection.  Shouts/props to the below as well:

slik Nik - the cooler - great heavy drums setting off the laidback jazz chops
D-Skillz Music - Great bounce
TkC - great chops and lazy drums
naturelle.boombap - Such a nodder of a beat
Zifhang - lovin' the bass and chops
⚁N!T - Very stripped back but still heavy, nice
defMute - Lofi dessert :)

• Like 1

Hey guys! Thank you for the votes!

This week was a challenge to vote, so many great tracks! I enjoyed them all!

Here's my vote:  1. Naturelle Boombap  2. kongchain  3. kowalzki

1. Kowalzki (Seriously, he is like your friend's big brother who would come downstairs while you are both watching MTV, smack both of you around and throw you into the wall and laugh at you.)

2. Nella ( Great chilled vibe)

3. FVF ( Admit it. He makes us all a little green with envy-be honest)

Shout outs to defmute, Zifhang, Naturelle, Granny, SlikNik, Lonius, Jakal, TkC. Really everybody worked it well this week. Look forward to next week. Peace. Hugh

• Haha 1

K O W A L Z K I

B - J A M  V S  E N O S

E L A N  V I T A L

13 minutes ago, FatVonFree said:

1. B-Jam vs Enos - - eff you.....this is the shit i wanna make when i grow up man.  fat ass sound.  lots of sonic goodness packed in there.  but yea... eff you...about to go throw some shit away and reconsider my efforts 😐

Thanks man, much appreciated. 😊

That means a lot to me as i've been loving your tracks since I first discovered you a few months ago when I started getting involved here.  I'd say you've got a great fat ass sound , and i've very much noticed you often make tracks which have great spaciousness but are also full and detailed, so can get epic!  This is is a vibe I often work towards as well. 😎

1.Kowalzki

2. MOXATRON

3.gerald  

And that's it for another week folks...

Congrats to Kowalzki who wins it by some way! Well done and what a great beat. 😎

1. Kowalzki
  2. FatVonFree
  3. B-Jam vs Enos
  • Like 1