giphy.gif

Yo, ya'll are the best. Thanks for all the votes.

STBB 593

Samples here:

https://we.tl/PNeS1RuYIm

THE RULES

1. use one, two or all three of the samples provided (your choosing)
2. no time limit
3. outside drums and bass - allowed
4. keys/synths/other instruments - allowed (but the samples must be the focus)
5. no acapellas allowed
6. one beat per person
7. have fun

SPECIAL RULE

Must include at least 1 of the 20 extra Vox samples provided

The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 593“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample to WeTransfer

• Like 2

Could we get some .wav file action going here. The main files are uploaded in .aiff .  Congrats on the win. 

5 minutes ago, Brotha_B said:

Could we get some .wav file action going here. The main files are uploaded in .aiff .  Congrats on the win. 

There you go.... https://we.tl/wQcKCoqV2p

What program/equipment are you using that isn't compatible with aiff's or mp3's? 

You could have converted them to wav yourself in a free audio editor like Audacity if you don't have an audio editor, but I had a spare 5mins so there you are. 😊

• Thanks 1

Thanks B. I also got Audacity but it doesn't convert aiff's.  I'm sure there's some folks out there who might have difficulties converting these files.

48 minutes ago, Brotha_B said:

Thanks B. I also got Audacity but it doesn't convert aiff's.  I'm sure there's some folks out there who might have difficulties converting these files.

Yes it can.  Aiff isn't an obscure file type so it would be crazy if it couldn't.  It's Apple's standard uncompressed audio format, opposed to Microsoft's standard which is wav.

No worries though.  I processed them as a batch which took 5 seconds whereas in Audacity there is no batch processing.

I'm intrigued as to what program/hardware you are using though that doesn't accept aiff.  Even the old SP-404 can load them!

31 minutes ago, B-Jam vs Enos said:

Yes it can.  Aiff isn't an obscure file type so it would be crazy if it couldn't.  It's Apple's standard uncompressed audio format, opposed to Microsoft's standard which is wav.

No worries though.  I processed them as a batch which took 5 seconds whereas in Audacity there is no batch processing.

I'm intrigued as to what program/hardware you are using though that doesn't accept aiff.  Even the old SP-404 can load them!

+1 wav is more or less iff, only difference is how the data is organized on disc.

maybe the codec is just deactivated in some preference?

congrats wolf! thats a propper pack, classic rules too

used the reggae vocal snippet in there...used two of the 3 samples...the main shit oscillating and the strings....then played bass, flute, lead guitars, and sang on it...hope ya dig... fun stuff...

made a short visual

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 7:19 PM, B-Jam vs Enos said:

There you go.... xxxxx

What program/equipment are you using that isn't compatible with aiff's or mp3's? 

thx man. my mpc only goes with wav . would be always work to convert. thx to U man

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the win. Had fun. Only used outside drums!. The rest is from the included samples.

well deserved win wolf! that track was really amazing. greetings everyone.

Losing the loudness war since for ever.

The second beat is a non entry just had to lace it up a bit.

Hi everyone,

Been reading here sometimes, never made an account. My first entry:

Yoo congrats man,lovely samples. I used all of them.

im in England for awhile visiting my pops and gaining some new beatspirations

this my 2nd project outta town.

enjoy 

https://soundcloud.com/nellagoodfella/stbb593burningjaminbirmingham

First STBB in a minute, been mad busy. Still shaking off the dust haha. Crazy dope sample pack this week, prolly gonna flip all them joints.