Sign in to follow this  

only used a wurlitzer sounds from my minilogue thats whats "doubling" the melody a bit like a bass in the first part. rest is samples + drums

tried to fulfill the clean/dirty as much as I could while still trying to make it sound like one piece

yow!

very last minute entry. No vocals this week but here's the entry with obvious distinction between the clean and the dirty part:

enjoyyy

On 6/5/2018 at 7:43 AM, CHiLLWiLL1013 said:

If not, will edit to non-entry. 

On 6/2/2018 at 9:36 AM, JoaGymshoe said:

acapella or other vocals as long as they don't last for more than a third of your track

... thats the main "problem" I see ...
dope entry anyways!

On 6/4/2018 at 7:02 PM, Soul-Jutsu said:

Just listened to your beat, really dope but definitely lo-fi throughout. 

I think to qualify this week your beat has to have two distinctly different mixes. One clean as you can manage and the other as dirty as you can with it still being dope. 

Your clean bit was just less grimy than the clean bit and I think that might be why. 

Working on something myself and it's tough trying to mix without being able to cruft everything up like I usually would. 

yea, i guess. I just didn't want to do the same shit I did last week so I formatted it bit differently. No worries tho.

16 hours ago, KappNeffect said:

yea, i guess. I just didn't want to do the same shit I did last week so I formatted it bit differently. No worries tho.

I get that, fresh rules and all that.  It's dope regardless. You have a really unique sound and style that you've obviously worked hard on. 

Sometimes when the rules take me too far from what I see as my core sound or feelings about music I won't battle. 

None of this is personal and the nit picking isn't about how good a beat is. Frustrating but like you said in the other thread, clean / dirty is subjective. 

• Thanks 2

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Per.du said:

... thats the main "problem" I see ...
dope entry anyways!

My bad...somehow I overlooked that part.  Will edit to (Non-Entry).

• Thanks 2