Sign in to follow this  
JoaGymshoe

STBB #586 VOTE

Recommended Posts

STBB#586
VOTE

Music Choice gross clean cleaning dirty GIF 

 

Top to Bottom STBBCollectiondcloud.com/stbbcollection

 

the new STBB - Collection account

all tracks will be reposted and added to the weekly playlist by the mods

 

Use this thread to vote while making sure to effectively utilize:

BIG lettering,

BOLD fontsand/or CRAZY-AsSCOLORS

 

Voting allowed from 1 posted beat or 5 posts up, having listened to all beats.
Do not vote for yourself!

Must vote in order to be eligible for the win this week

 

 

VOTE 1st 2nd and 3rd place
for 5, 3 and 1 points respectively

Otherwise your vote will not be counted

mark your Late and non-entries in your track title on SC

 

Voting ENDS Friday @ Midnight, Pacific Time

To the winner: PLEASE POST NEW SAMPLE AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME

FAQ'S CONCERNING BEAT BATTLE
If you would like to follow the winner's blog, CLICK HERE

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so based my votes on dopeness.. and the rules.. discernible different parts clean(ish) and dirty(ish).. duophonic hard to check..

just wondering if some of you interpreted the clean vs. dirty rule as a clean and a dirty layer playing simultaniously?

if so holla 3rd spot is still available... won't change my 1st and 2nd spot regardless

1 Chill Will's

2 Naturella BB

3 Ruedenz

- Beantangerine..man, any other week..
 I seem to hear several layers(?)

and  shout out to Bro Grimm for a dope Clean vs. Dirty lyrics concept

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm down with JOA...

I heard lot's of entries (good ones) but It seems that the rules wasn't really respected...

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jay Mykal said:

@JoaGymshoe can you tell us which beats you're allowing before we vote? thanks

okay, interesting developement.

I think you all are at least as qualified a listeners as I am.

in some tracks there are just no changes from start to end..

like ruedenz pointed out in his last post his intro was clean, the rest  dirty. minimal part but it qualifies.

I think listening  how the rules are implemented and deciding the winner accordingly is and has always been part of the battle too.

succes!
be 
back after a nights sleep and work


 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JoaGymshoe said:

- Beantangerine..man, any other week..

 

 I seem to hear several layers(?)

Haha...you're right, I got pretty carried away. I was on the fence about it cause it's all reverb tails and delay; I wasn't sure if that counted me out or not. I appreciate the shout out though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Joa

2.ruedenz

3.brogrimm

simple track for easy to rap and good rap tracks!

Very talentful artists here!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, not that many entries this week. Tough rules and/or crazy weather?

It's really hard to tell with the duophonic stuff, AND the clean/dirty parts as well. Anyhow, I am going with:

1. Joa - Again and again, fire beat and dope rap, I guess you started with the acapella again and build the beat around that? Keep doing that, it's magic.

2. Hideyuki - I had a long thought even listening to your beat, cause of that - let's say weird - spam action. Then I thought well just listen to it,  it's probably a miserable post to laugh at. But then it turns out it's super dope. Man, I hate it when I am wrong. Nice Bass & forward-driven groove. And always some small sample sprinkles to keep it interesting.

3. Chilly Willy - Had a little trouble finding the clean part, but when I read your entry it made sense. Love the atmosphere with P and the beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1: naturelle.boombap
2: JoaGymshoe
3: ruedenz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Sylter Dünen: I can feel those dunes around me if I close my eyes hahah dope

2 beantangarine: wowww spacey shitttt super dreamy, I got carried away

3 Jay: yooowww I dunno about that pitch but there's something that's just crazy nice about the whole thing

actually tied for 3rd but I had to choose is chill will: the vibe on that beat goes insanely well with that P! verse

More dope beats all over the place, I heard also a lot of potential for super dope stuff (on a weekly basis) only the finishing is not always on point. Take your time to make something nice, don't be afraid to tweak more and go into depth on something you already have but for real: use the available time. Too many guys come out here posting shit they made in half an hour and it shows. No disrespect to anyone (I used to do the same and am far from perfect myself, I keep learning every time), just my word of advice for this week. Question everything. LeBron quote: "Be better tomorrow" (different context tho') hahah

Also: thank you guys for the support, it really motivates me to keep rapping and making these tracks. Most of you guys not understanding shit of what I'm saying and still digging it, means the world to me. 

peace!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2018 at 9:01 PM, JoaGymshoe said:

just wondering if some of you interpreted the clean vs. dirty rule as a clean and a dirty layer playing simultaniously?

Hey Folks! :) 

Well yeah I kind of did, although- thinking about it now - calling out „parts“ sounds very much like different scenes within the beat. 

As I mentioned earlier in the 586 entry post I wanted to add dirty drums to a very clean sample layer while complying with the 2 layers rule(3 with fx)

I agree with Joa that some beats sound like they have more layers which is  challenging to do a fair voting. I assume that in this group everyone is grown up enough to self-decide when to call it a non-entry or not, otherwise we would need our admin to be tough on everyone :)

Anyhow, long story short:

 

1. Beantangerine 

2. naturelle.boombap

3. Graftaq

(i do this Post from my mobile so no big letters and colors sorry)

 

keep on rocking,everyone!

bless

sen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrotherG said:

1 Sylter Dünen: I can feel those dunes around me if I close my eyes hahah dope

2 beantangarine: wowww spacey shitttt super dreamy, I got carried away

3 Jay: yooowww I dunno about that pitch but there's something that's just crazy nice about the whole thing

actually tied for 3rd but I had to choose is chill will: the vibe on that beat goes insanely well with that P! verse

More dope beats all over the place, I heard also a lot of potential for super dope stuff (on a weekly basis) only the finishing is not always on point. Take your time to make something nice, don't be afraid to tweak more and go into depth on something you already have but for real: use the available time. Too many guys come out here posting shit they made in half an hour and it shows. No disrespect to anyone (I used to do the same and am far from perfect myself, I keep learning every time), just my word of advice for this week. Question everything. LeBron quote: "Be better tomorrow" (different context tho') hahah

Also: thank you guys for the support, it really motivates me to keep rapping and making these tracks. Most of you guys not understanding shit of what I'm saying and still digging it, means the world to me. 

peace!

 

32 minutes ago, supersen said:

Hey Folks! :) 

Well yeah I kind of did, although- thinking about it now - calling out „parts“ sounds very much like different scenes within the beat. 

As I mentioned earlier in the 586 entry post I wanted to add dirty drums to a very clean sample layer while complying with the 2 layers rule(3 with fx)

I agree with Joa that some beats sound like they have more layers which is  challenging to do a fair voting. I assume that in this group everyone is grown up enough to self-decide when to call it a non-entry or not, otherwise we would need our admin to be tough on everyone :)

Anyhow, long story short:

 

1. Beantangerine 

2. naturelle.boombap

3. Graftaq

(i do this Post from my mobile so no big letters and colors sorry)

 

keep on rocking,everyone!

bless

sen

aight so I didn't want to make a list coz I thought at least the clean vs. dirty parts would be clear..

as it tuns out it isn't  and it mighta been better if I made one and if someone felt aggrieved he could contest it.

there are some votes for beats which I think don't have contrast between dirty and clean

but yea.. all I can do now I think is urge the rest of the guys still voting to have a proper listen

Grimm  and Sen..  Beantangerine wrote above that his beat didn't follow the rules

...

there are some lessons to be learned here for a possible future rule set ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, you're right. I didn't take the non-entry in account while voting, my bad. Thanks for clarifying tho', here's my new top 3:

1 Sylter Dünen: I can feel those dunes around me if I close my eyes hahah dope

2 Jay: yooowww I dunno about that pitch but there's something that's just crazy nice about the whole thing

3 Chill will you made it after all eeeyyyyyy :D 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PBB said:

Joa - Again and again, fire beat and dope rap, I guess you started with the acapella again and build the beat around that? Keep doing that, it's magic.

thanks man, glad u dig..  

actually I always start with making a beat.. then choosing a fitting aca..usually it just pops into my head.. then fine tuning the beat to the raps.

wish I started earlier on it now..a couples of days tinkering usually helps me knead a better groove/loop

but I guess last minute intuitive decision making can get one to a decent product.

pz!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmmmm..... nvm.

 

1. Jay Mykal - Bro---pure fucking fire! 

2. Nella - That bass was so lovely. 

3. Sen - love how it was loose in spots. Just how I like it. Drums FIRE. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Jay Mykal

2. Chill Will

3. Super Sen

Shout out to Joa for superbitity. Man I couldn't tell after a while what was what as far as duophonic and i completely forgot about the dirty clean part of the theme this week but I enjoyed all the chops and I blame the THC for any memory loss.Peace, Hugh

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woooooow!.. I can't believe it :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gratitude and appreciation for you guys..

I'm a get the new topic up in the next hour so you can have all saturday!
heads up.. it's the Dirty vs. Clean Do over..  without the Duophonic and hopefully clear as..     rules

and an epic classic sample

 

shout out to  Naturelle Boom Bap and Jay Mykal for second and third place

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this