Hi guys,

Here's mine. Recorded again vocals this week (in dutch/flemish). I tried to make two different sequences between the clean one and the dusty one. I'm experiencing a bit with storytelling so:

Backstory of the rap is two guys in a bar, checking out a chick, one is about to go and talk to her. First verse is super polite and nice trying to ask her out. Then he realises maybe that's too mellow and in the second verse he goes a bit more "dirty" letting his mind run wild for a second. When he's finally ready to go talk to her, he comes to realise the girl left a long time ago during the time he was (apparently) just sitting there and staring at his glass. He's bummed out and orders another beer, or no, make it a rum and coke 'cause: fuck it. The end. hahah 

I'm not 100% satisfied since I recorded the vocals...like 4 hours ago (the beat was done by monday). Did about 40 (no lie) takes to get shit straight (still could've been better) which left me not much time to mix the whole thing in a way I would've liked it. 

Peace!

• Like 1

my "favorite" entry this week:

loooool.thumb.jpg.389dce5ca67d97d8289d192747a93930.jpg

Why dude, why do you buy likes and reposts ? :'D
and why the hell would you do like a million comments
saying "stbb" on your own track?

seriously though. 45 plays, 34 reposts. track gotta be the bomb.... well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

haha damn perdu putting dudes on blast

tried some typa experimental lofi ?

kick, hat, snare  + vocals skits + 1 track of chops just processed the frequencies different non entry if that's no allowed

Hey All, One track of the cuts of the bass sample another built up by shit tons of destruction with a crap load of crossfading tp keep it mono with a bull puckey wagon full of mouse work. The track was made from drum hits and me on mic. Hope everyone is well. Peace, Hugh

5 hours ago, Per.du said:

my "favorite" entry this week:

loooool.thumb.jpg.389dce5ca67d97d8289d192747a93930.jpg

Why dude, why do you buy likes and reposts ? :'D
and why the hell would you do like a million comments
saying "stbb" on your own track?

seriously though. 45 plays, 34 reposts. track gotta be the bomb.... well.

HAHA! 

I used this. I have been promoting STBB over the world!!

https://www.like4like.org/

• Haha 1

When I join STBB, many plays and likes than now. 

Many players joined STBB and exciting each other. Get the win of STBB is like "DREAM".

I don't know how to grow-up STBB....

I just tried to ....

MAKE GREAT STBB AGAIN.

• Like 1

...yeah, would be cool to have weeks of 50+ entries now and then again..

just skimmed the entries..  seem to be missing the contrast between clean and dirty on some tracks...

forgot to turn on the automation on my bitcrush on on mine.. so there's just the distortion and filter work .

anyway.. good effort all around on this tough challenge.

Good point. I'll admit that I didn't focus too much on the clean/dirty rule in the final product. I tried to play with different drums, tempo, but nothing worked for me. Since it is crazy hot and my hardware is in a crashy mood, I didn't have much time either. I played the groove clean as an intro, then there's the dirt part with drums and vinyl crackles. I hope that classifies as in line with the rule. It's definitely not creative though.

• Like 1