Sign in to follow this  
DonutProducer

STBB winning App released

Hi guys,

just want to let y'all know that I just released my Beatmaking App:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keyboardsampler/id1355376387?mt=12

and beyond that, Apple even decided to feature it right after the release.. !

I've won the STBB 7 times with it and a great part of its features emerged from the variety of rules in the battle.

https://soundcloud.com/donutproducer/sets/stbb-wins

Thanks to all in the community who helped me pushing things forward.. testing the software,

giving me valuable feedback and thinking of these crazy battle rules that helped the tool to become a Swiss Army Knife of sample music. :)

STMB 4 ever!

• Like 4

<3

• Like 1

oooooOOOOO imma have to look into this!

• Like 1

super dope i'm on a pc, but do you want to delve more into what it has going on?

edit: I see all the videos on youtube, but if you want to explain it further, that'd be dope. Peace

• Like 1

what'd you write this in?  you need help translating to java or c++?  i want to get this on windows

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, wasn't really checking the board lately.

Thanks to @JoaGymshoe for the reminder!

On 6/24/2018 at 4:13 AM, MicESanzMusic said:

oooooOOOOO imma have to look into this!

I see you already did, thanks for the feedback on youtube!

Hope you keep checking the channel 

On 7/2/2018 at 11:17 PM, GPBear said:

super dope i'm on a pc, but do you want to delve more into what it has going on?

edit: I see all the videos on youtube, but if you want to explain it further, that'd be dope. Peace

Thanks for checking. A quick explanation of the App's workflow:

1. You drag a sample (any type of sound file.. mp3, wav, even videos.. mp4 - doesn't matter) onto the App ->  the App automatically slices the sample into Chops

2. You browse the Chops and / or manually correct them

3. You pick the right chops and arrange them in the 32 Step Sequencer, then you add drums / instruments in a similar way

The good thing: you do all this mostly by using the keyboard. I wanted the feeling of a hardware sampler but with the benefits of a computer. 

Also I was on the road a lot when the idea came up, couldn't really take equipment like midi controllers with me on the train.. but still I don't like looking at the screen the whole time following a tiny mouse cursor.

Hope you get the idea, I will keep making tutorial videos.. just check my youtube or facebook chan every once in a while!

On 7/3/2018 at 11:58 PM, Grifty said:

what'd you write this in?  you need help translating to java or c++?  i want to get this on windows

Thanks for the offer! It's a native Mac App, so mostly Objective-c (business logic) while the whole Audio / DSP part is done in Ansi-C / C++.

A windows version would be dope and you're not the first who asks for this, but right now it's not realistic for me as I'm doing this whole thing on the side.

Maybe in one or two years depending on how the Apple community adopts it!