JJ

Attn: STMB updates

24 minutes ago, 1stN3rd said:

^Of course, but the next incarnation of STMB looks like it will be less tethered to Stones Throw records, so I'm just saying my piece.

sure...

there's a  chance ST is gonna let one of us run the forum

then there's a possibility of the new forum being linked via the same button that takes us here

if all else fails yes..  STMB4ev will function seperate from the ST website

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 4:15 PM, MellowYouth said:

dilla.gif

👍

• Like 1

If the site does go down, I wonder if there would be a way to 'archive' it or keep that locked archived version available for people to look at, etc. Can't imagine it requiring that much upkeep, and it would mean all these posts etc wouldn't be lost forever.

Also, does anyone here have a Soundcloud Pro account here? lol -- Trying to embed the STBB profile itself to the radio sidebar on http://stmbforever.com/ but it won't include 'reposts' if you don't have a Pro account to create the embed. There's gotta be a way around that but I don't know how :(

Still working on the site, think for the most part I've been able to replicate most of the functionality of this board (though not as fancy sadly) with some plugins/etc. I have a feedback thread going on over there now if anyone would be interested in playing around there and telling me what to fix lol

6 hours ago, GC90 said:

If the site does go down, I wonder if there would be a way to 'archive' it or keep that locked archived version available for people to look at, etc. Can't imagine it requiring that much upkeep, and it would mean all these posts etc wouldn't be lost forever.

Also, does anyone here have a Soundcloud Pro account here? lol -- Trying to embed the STBB profile itself to the radio sidebar on http://stmbforever.com/ but it won't include 'reposts' if you don't have a Pro account to create the embed. There's gotta be a way around that but I don't know how :(

Still working on the site, think for the most part I've been able to replicate most of the functionality of this board (though not as fancy sadly) with some plugins/etc. I have a feedback thread going on over there now if anyone would be interested in playing around there and telling me what to fix lol

I'm pretty sure we could make the request to archive.org

• Like 2

On 5/14/2018 at 4:05 AM, JoaGymshoe said:

you guys have read the messages above and saw that we are doing everything we can to keep this thing going right?

yep! just sayin...

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 6:52 AM, CASCASSETTE said:

By god, I'm a (web) dev in real life with a lot of free time on my hands and I'm getting a lot of ideas. Old school forum posts like here we should have, but also we can do a lot of work on the counting of the votes (it should be automated, and yes it should be possible for mods / hosts to disqualify and such). I think I could do it, you know, together with all of you, make the best replacement of this forum for STBB we can think of.

[edit] lol I replied on the first page and you guys are already taking care of it. If you guys need someone to build new features, wrangle data in the format of this forum into the format of the new (so that we can read back old posts and rules and such), get the new place on https, you know all that kind of stuff hit me up @GC90

Yeah, you should work on it. I remember how sick your Renoise plugins were. You got the knowledge. 

• Like 1

The original topic has been edited:

Some of the ongoing problems on the backend have just been sorted out, so I think we're good to go for a while on this board.  Additionally, a few people have reached out about working on the board, so there may be another one or two admins here soon - that's all TBA.  

OTHER UPDATES:  The "Crates" forum was merged with "Talk" a while ago, and now they've both been merged with "Stones Throw" and renamed II B.S. (named after a Charles Mingus track, because we all like to b.s.).  

"Hype" is still Hype, because there's always going to be that guy who wants to come here and spam your ass. 

• Thanks 8

Thanks for putting in some work to get these problems fixed JJ!! Very happy to hear we'll all be able to stay put here on the boards.

I plan on getting a refund for my hosting on my site and redirecting my URLs to this board :) Appreciate the folks who helped me on my side, was a fun little project to learn more about putting together sites.

• Like 4

This is a great result, I know you guys love us really. 

Many thanks to all that were prepared to put in the work to keep this place going. 

23 hours ago, JJ said:

The original topic has been edited:

Some of the ongoing problems on the backend have just been sorted out, so I think we're good to go for a while on this board.  Additionally, a few people have reached out about working on the board, so there may be another one or two admins here soon - that's all TBA.  

OTHER UPDATES:  The "Crates" forum was merged with "Talk" a while ago, and now they've both been merged with "Stones Throw" and renamed II B.S. (named after a Charles Mingus track, because we all like to b.s.).  

"Hype" is still Hype, because there's always going to be that guy who wants to come here and spam your ass. 

YES! glad to hear that.

On 5/24/2018 at 1:22 AM, GC90 said:

Thanks for putting in some work to get these problems fixed JJ!! Very happy to hear we'll all be able to stay put here on the boards.

I plan on getting a refund for my hosting on my site and redirecting my URLs to this board :) Appreciate the folks who helped me on my side, was a fun little project to learn more about putting together sites.

hope you'll get the refund! thx for all the effort you put in, I suggest you do a complete server and database dump, so that when stuff is about to go down again you'd just have to upload it again?

also BIG thx at JJ and the whole crew for letting us stay!

11 hours ago, Per.du said:

hope you'll get the refund! thx for all the effort you put in, I suggest you do a complete server and database dump, so that when stuff is about to go down again you'd just have to upload it again?

also BIG thx at JJ and the whole crew for letting us stay!

Got my refund today :)

I don't mind re-setting the board stuff, but I did do a complete backup of the theme and the extension folder so that all the tweaking I did is preserved if ever needed in the future!