Sign in to follow this  
LoniusTemp

STBB 583 - 16bit ninja

Thanks for the votes all!

Congrats/props Jay Mykal for providing this weeks material

Rules:GODFREY_HO_NINJA_SQUAD.gif

Create a beat using only the provided Ninja Gaiden samples! No outside anything including drums or bass..

Exception: Vocal cuts and acapellas are allowed cause they can add flavour without spoiling the challenge.. There are a lot of nice crunchy open sound effects that should make for some interesting drums!

SAMPLES:

https://exit.sc/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwe.tl%2FeET1S8AKLH

Happy Beatmaking!
– L

How it always works:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 583“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample to WeTransfer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I provided the sample and asked Lonius to do the rules so we could both be challenged again this week.

No outside anything????  wahahahaahahahahahahaha BRUH YOU'RE KILLING US 💀💀💀💀💔👻

Oh man this might be difficult I didn't check if there were proper drums in there lol

Thanks to everyone for last week and Props to Lonius - striaght killer

• Like 3

Yow!

I'd like to apologise not to vote this week as unfortunately I didn't find the appropriate time to listen to all of the entries and wanted to avoid to base myself on the selected few I was able to check, leaving out the ones I didn't. Wouldn't be fair.

Congrats to our winners (and all participants) of last week in any case, thanks for everyone considering my (somewhat awful) entry and for the few votes I even managed to get. 

Got my setup back up and running from having my place looking like a construction site the whole week. Ready to get back to work. This challenge looks dope. Let's goowwwwww!!

Hagale pues chicos y chicas. Peace!

This was hella cool to do! especially trying to make a kick and snare out of the samples...learned a lot on using filters here 🙂

• Like 1

HELLO

HERE IS OUR SUBMISSION

WE FOUND A RHIANNA ACAPELLA AND WE STAN FOR THESE SORT OF THINGS.

ALL SOUNDS FROM THE SAMPLE AS PER RULES

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING THIS WEEKS SUBMISSIONS!

• Like 2

I made it so every part comes in at some point soloed with no filtering or effects, in case it gives inspiration for how the sounds can be used

Congrats both on the win, enjoyable challenge. 

Congratz! nice rules

• Like 1

Good week last week fellows great wins, hope you dig my humble entry and can't wait to peep some dope music this week.

Yoo STBB!
Really challenging and dope rules, retro games and ninjas how can u pass up on that?
Apart from the provided samples I took some Vocals from the movie "The Wizard" and a tiny piece from an old NES Ninja Gaiden commercial.
Peace!

Worked a lot with a various VST. There are some advanced saturation techniques, lol.

Jay Mykal Conqrats on the win challenge accepted only this sample I like it

had lots of fun with this sample - no entry though because i was using outside drums. no additional synths etc. though.

damn, that was a whole lot of work.
started a project - straight forward hiphop - discarded everything but the kick (which has probably been resampled 5 times till i got it to sound the way it does now)
sooo much saturation on this to make it sound less digital. Only thing I wasn't able to craft is a snare, but who needs a snare anyways?
I'm pretty happy with this one - considering the ridicoulosly challenging challenge. THX you 2 crazy dudes!
would have loved to spend some more time on this one...

Beware, apart from the intro/first part, this is NOT your everyday per.du tune, :D
rave on!

(anyone doubting it's samples only - well except for that acapella - I can provide the ableton set as proof ;) )

Congratulation Fellas!

quite sketchy but here it is:

pz

Soundcloud deleted my first version of this track coz of the acapella used
so I pitchshifted it up 2 semitones..  that worked.. luckily

fun challenge.. think I did well on the drum making.

man.. this news of stbb ending... damn.
we'll make sure we can continue on a new page though

pz Joa

52 minutes ago, Kowalzki said:

pz

dude!  you're finally able to log in again!

yo .link has done job that week

a..now. after midnight. I guess the voice is lil to loud..but its time to go sleep . : greatings 2 all ya

happy to hear all ya stuff and grow with the comments..

here you go fellas. I did a lot of filtering and transforming I made all those harsh noises sound super floaty. 

Hey All, Making drums is not my forte so this was good for me to attempt even if I didn't quite succeed. I always dig the rules that make you stretch.

Peace, Hugh