Sign in to follow this  
supersen

STBB # 582

Here's my entry.  The rules were fun but that 1 hour limit was no joke...  :lol:

sample was challenging but i tried lol, thanks for listening and much love to everyone on here !! its been a while, peace and love x

much better than my first attempt... and I just realized I forgot to program the hihat and the shaker I was supposed to add..

Sample was so fire, really enjoyed the time limit. Def. helped me keep focus and not trip on little shit. Mix would have been better with another hour no doubt. 

aight so I already posted something along these lines earlier but I removed it coz I didn't wanna stir things up.

but I felt I wouldn't be me if I didn't say anything, so here it is.

am I a little naive in thinking that when the rule says one hour, that means one hour total?

when I read of several attempts i'm like, where does one end and the other begin?

secondly. when the rule maker makes a rule I feel he shouldn't have to have negotiations about it.

if only for the reason someone might've already started on the first/ unaltered set of rules.

it just came to mind that the rule set wasn't altered, so someone who purely looked there and started flipping wouldn't be aware.

but also just for the fact that the winner decides.

just my two cents

pz Joa

Thanks for the Sample. Level was perfect.   

Made in an hour, super hard but super fun, been listening to what other people put up.

the shit y'all come up with is super fuckin sick

Hey guys -

as a fast cat- I liked this challenge. I came up with a classic soulchop 4/4. I also tried to record my screen to show how I operate. Sadly, the first 25 min got lost and the project info of FL Studio is not captured. But I will try to record future sessions, to show you my way of beatmaking.

https://soundcloud.com/enzoeyeris/sixty-min-stmb-587

have fun watching!

Video "MAKING OF"

Hey all,

this week's rule took me way out of my comfort zone. Anyhow, I just stayed under 2 hours, which you might hear in the result (few variations, kinda short beat, not many layers ...). I still liked the result. Went for a boom bappy thing, where I am probably quickest. Just Sample chops, bass (from the sample), drums, acapella. Hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-509825498/stbb-582-smoke-sth-with-ur-man-2h-competition

3 hours ago, enzo eyeris said:

Video "MAKING OF"

DOPE!
hmmm.... I think you got your video link wrong, here you go, fixed it!

THA REAL LINK

~15 min chops, ~5 min drums and putting the chops, ~30 mixing/arranging/thinking a bass will be found for it, ~5 putting it through 404SX vinyl mode.

Fun rules. Collab with King_David.

Been on that "10 minutes" videos for a while and tried that approach sometimes in the past but recently forgot it.

As I don`t have that much time to make music at the moment, I really enjoyed doing it again.

Big up for the sample selection!

NON ENTRY!!!!!

well here it is...

I usually make beats over the course of a few days, so I tried to keep to the challenge.  The first hour I chopped the sample, did the drums and came up with two different takes.  Then over the next few days I did the arrangement and the mixing, and added a few layer.  Honestly I probably spent more than 2 hours on it, so it doesn't count, but I wanted to share it with you guys.

sup guys,

I had the house covered up in plastic the past four days for a paint job and literally hooked my gear up like, well, more or less two hours ago. 

I started layering and shit and spend a lot of time on a single (not so super-sounding) loop so I just got some of my preset drums out and started sketching the shit out of this sample, no intro, no outro, just bang bang skeet skeet. You'll hear it. :rolleyes: It's probably my worst entry so far hahaha BUT, persistence prevails as I was not even counting on posting anything this week given the circumstances and the junk-state my apartment is in right now. Personal goal achieved on doing so ANYway (in that good old paint smell). Even if the beat sounds like a bunch of nothings. I'm following Lonius a bit on the process: I sit/tweak/play 50 times on different speakers and headphones on a beat for three days before posting it usually. But still fun doing it. Always. Dope sample. Peace y'all. 

https://soundcloud.com/brogrimm/stbb582-sketchy-af

Wow, I am really impressed by what you guys were able to create in one hour..amazing!

Here's my entry, timing was tough 😛

I try to post the link again:

finally I started my machine .. here's my late entry....90 minutes of pure lust and energy to 70 seconds bumped beer . or something like that