Stbb 581

unnamed.jpg.fae22dbbd85f1df5712336588b21c23e.jpg

Thanks for the love last round.

Rules

Make something using sample A (sample B is optional)

Outside everything is allowed
No limitations!

Special Rules (optional):

Use sample B to outline your harmony in some way. Sample A contains plenty of dope chords that can be cut up and pitched around to an infinite amount of chord changes. Once you have established your harmony, stack the vocal samples from sample B to embellish your harmony. 

Involve someone close to you (a family member, friend, colleague, etc.) In my perfect version of life, having a family and being a prolific artist would seamlessly harmonize. It's hard to make a record without accidentally having someone close make an appearance on your recording. Invite them to get involved in some way.

Samples:

https://bit.ly/2HljPAA

Shameless self-promo

My new beat tape “Fields of a Nomad” drops this month on 4/26. It will be available on all streaming platforms. I’d really appreciate if you all checked it out. There’s a track available on my SoundCloud today, which is an example of what I’m talking about in special rule 1. I stack the vocal sample to outline the harmony that I played on piano. Find it here: https://bit.ly/2Hjhjq8

Peace
Kris van Huystee

The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 581“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.
For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample to WeTransfer

• Like 5

woooooord!

congrats!

nice sample!

and dope beat tape!!!

yeah gonna spend all day tomorrow on this...hope i can come up with something dope!!!

• Like 1

Congrats on the win, bro. Much deserved. Cool rules for the next one. I got a gf who plays saxophone so I'm definitely putting her to the test hahaha and maybe some other surprise guest/element ;)

Main Sample: Sample A Chopped 

Drums: Sample B Chopped

One Shots: Sample B

Bass: Outside

I used sample a & b , outside drums & sax sample i chopped & others are synth vst   

My wife pitched in with the idea for the outro (the dubstep/dnb part), initially she asked me to incorporate Ariane Grande - Dangerous Woman...but that made it too much of a ballad. So here you go :-)

i take pride in bringin that left field ish ,appreciate y'all ,congrats to the winners

Maybe a bit too electronic for STBB. The chants at the end are from my sisters cheer team

Chorded up a slice of the piano (those are your vox Kris!) and layered with sample B vox and some cuts from a  snapchat of my gilrfriend and I from when we found the kids playroom at a spa-hotel we were chillin' at a few weeks ago. Used sp's/resample then post-prod in the DAW.

HIII GUuyzz

dope samples,heres mine guys

• Thanks 1

Hey All, I didn't have the kids with me so I had to use their you tube channels for vocal samples. They are growing up in a much different world than I grew up in but that's the story for every generation. They are good kids in spite of their father. They are my harmony.

Peace, Hugh

Yo!

Got my gf on vocals and me on the sax!

YAHYAHYAH

<3

• Like 1

Used samples A & B, added super swaggy acapella, sound clip is from a convo with my boy Avery J about the longest street in America Colfax Ave. 

hAVE fun with this! thank u fot the rules