No Outside Anything

Only Beatles acas or your song/rap/vocal shots

List your source(s)

the samples:

anywhere..
sorry JayMykal.. e-diggin' again

congrats Fatvon!..

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 578“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

congrats Fatvon!
dope rules!

• Like 1

Jesus Christ...:(...www.iHateJoa.Com lol....dude...this gon take some homework.  holy shit..right off top i think i might know where to get drums from their records.  anyhoo dope shit.  cant wait to get to the house!!! :P

• Like 3

....beatles solo stuff . f.e. john lennon solo stuff ok ?

48 minutes ago, FatVonFree said:

Jesus Christ...:(...www.iHateJoa.Com lol....dude...this gon take some homework.  holy shit..right off top i think i might know where to get drums from their records.  anyhoo dope shit.  cant wait to get to the house!!! :P

hehe.. love you too cxuzzo

2 minutes ago, slick nick said:

....beatles solo stuff . f.e. john lennon solo stuff ok ?

hmm, neh, let's not make it any broader than it already is

Congrats to FatVon I like this one. I have never really listen to The Beatles

congrats to FatVon. Cool rule. Gonna have to find the original versions though. They're mostly gone from Youtube, taken down. Same with Hendrix albums. I wish I could record the parts with a  real band. I've been playing drums in a cover band lately (yeah, I know, I also hate covers but they're really good players...) and we do a couple Beatles song. I wish I had a recording setup. 

• Thanks 1

JUST 4 FUN! :D

SAMPLE FROM ABBEY ROAD & THE ONE

SYNTH : TRACK 07 - THE ONE + EQ
DRUM SOUND(SLICE) : TRACK 16 ABBEY, TRACK 25 THE ONE

LOVE U ALL, PEACE :D

..Oh,  and none of them ISOLATED DRUMS tracks.. only originals

dunno how they eq'd those btw!???

• Haha 1

teasearecords.bandcamp.com/?filter_band=1842397027 

This dude owns at Beatles boombap. Thought I'd link it for inspiration for peeps

Ok listen here Listen here! I need this to be my first STBB Track! -- I am up for this challenge! 

Thanks LORD JoaGymShoe and LORD FatVonFree Thank you.

• Like 1

Congrats on the win Fat, and Joa thank you for these super dope rules! Gonna be a fun one for sure. 

• Like 1

will be back in a few to list my sources..tired and need food cuzzo...oh yeah its a non entry since i won the last one.  followed all the rules though except i added the rap acapella.  

used audio capture running vulf compressor (about 40% dialed in and pausing it with spotify to make 2 tracks about 3 minutes a piece.  full of snippets of a lot of beatles tracks on spotify. all processing and beat making took place in my mpc4000 in to my sp404sx and my akai s20 in there to stretch the main sample and crunch the drums...sang through my rack gear into the 404sx.....now  on spotify....the gold mine for any band with longevity like them is typing in "beatles Take" and you get all the alternate takes and them talking and somebody hitting random notes and shit...

lets get to chopping this fable.  snare came from the beatles "sgt peppers lonely hearts club band title track" bass note came from "being for the benefit of mr kite" ole boy is talking and hitting notes in between just random shit. took that bass, tuned it to C and reamped it through a 4x10 bass cabinet lol. also got my hi hat from that cymbal ...splash  my main sample is 3 sequences i made using the ending from "she's leaving home".  straight into the akai s20.  pitched it down....got my kick and shaker from "strawberry fields forever. now there were a couple of kicks i took from   I'm Down.  I layered them with my other kick.  hope  ya dig.  gonna order some pizza...cheers from Kanagawa folks!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Lonius

I went for a mid/late 90sish sound, used the vocals and bass from Michelle from the left channel with the highs filtered to make the chord progression/bass and the vocals sound kinda like an organ

The radio/sfx is from I am the Walrus and the hat is a 2-note empty break I found in it as well

the kick and snare are one hits from Yellow Submarine and I am the walrus, filtered/distorted/shortened

Guest Lonius

fuuck misread the acapella rule! lmfao

gonna edit to non-entry cause I probably would have used the aca either way

flipped tracks off the Revolver album.. Eleanor Rigby and For no one..  bass from I'm only sleeping

and some stuff from a live version of Hey Jude..

turned into.. well, what the title says..

curious what the rest of you come up with!

pz Joa

working on another flip

Congrats FVF. This is a great brief Joa, hope to have a good go at this tomorrow night. 

On 31/03/2018 at 6:57 PM, Farmer Dillo said:

teasearecords.bandcamp.com/?filter_band=1842397027 

This dude owns at Beatles boombap. Thought I'd link it for inspiration for peeps

I thought of this guy right away as well. The Hendrix project is ridiculous too. Well worth a listen. 

• Like 1

Guest Yoni Den

The End, The Walrus, Norwegian Wood,Wait, You Won't See Me, Revolution 9

von your track is insane. having a tough time finding anything on youtube. used to own every beatles cd and was obsessed with them from 2000-2003. none of the tracks in my itunes have open drums so guess i'm out this week

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Soul-Jutsu said:

Congrats FVF. This is a great brief Joa, hope to have a good go at this tomorrow night. 

I thought of this guy right away as well. The Hendrix project is ridiculous too. Well worth a listen. 

Yeh Hendrix stuff is dope. TC's one of my all time fav producers. The okay player bollywood stuffs well worth the free download too

1. Used "We Can Work It Out" as main sample 

2. Layered with "Don't Let Me Down" pitched...plus more pitch on solo part 

3. Used outside cowbell, bass 

Was gonna add "A Day In The Life Of", but the shit wouldn't download thus I had to just solo the drums for parts... booooooo. 

Here's the beat that I came up with for STBB 578.  The Kick, Hi-Hat, pitched sfx and guitar (or maybe organ?) phrase that comes in later are all from: The Beatles - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Take 1 / Audio).  The snare, perc (sidestick/hat kinda' sound), bass, vocal shots (Yeah, cough, etc.) are from:  The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Take 9 And Speech).  The main guitar loop for the beat is from:  The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps.  The name of the track is Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Guitar Gently Weeps In The Sky.

Hope you enjoy...Peace.

This was the most fun I've had with a beat battle in a while. Thanks again for the rules. I'm a huge Beatles fan, so I used far too many samples haha.

Samples used: 

-I Am the Walrus

-I Me Mine

-Something

-Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

-And I Love Her

-Strawberry Fields Forever

-Because

-The End

I think I used 'Let it Be', 'Eight Days a Week' and 'You Wont See Me' as well, although I'm not quite sure.. I kind of lost track of what all I was using at a certain point. But no outside anything. It's all Beatles Samples.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's tracks, Peace!

Drums: I am the Walrus, I want you (She's so Heavy), Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Ban (Reprise)

Guitar: Taxman

Scratches: Words of Love (Live)

Vocal Shots: She loves you yeah

Outro: Shout! (Live)

Congrat's on the win FVF! My mum introduced me to the The Beatles as a child, and I lived close to Liverpool growing, so this was a real fun challenge for me. I guess my entry's a suite of beats (maybe I was influenced by Side 2 of Abbey Road??). Looking forward to hearing what y'all come up with. Peace

Part 1

Bass - Flying

Snare - Rain

Kick/hats/guitar stab - Flying

Organ - repitched drone from blue jay way

Random tape loops from Revolution 9/studio chatter

Part 2

Synths - opening harpsichord from Lucy in the Sky

Bass synth - also the opening harpsichord

Drums - Sgt Pepper's Reprise

Kick - The End

Drone - WIthin You Without You

Part 3

Hats - studio chatter

Kick - The End

Snare - Rain

Guitar - Helter Skelter

Feedback - Helter Skelter

Bass - Helter Sketler

Part 4

Hats - Intro Sgt Pepper's reprise 

Cockerel - as above

Kick - The End

Bass - Glass Onion

Strings  - Glass Onion

Snare - Flying

• Like 4

On 31/03/2018 at 11:07 AM, JoaGymshoe said:

the samples:

anywhere..
sorry JayMykal.. e-diggin' again

hahahahaha not this week dawg I've got a few beatles on wax

I'm back from my easter break so I'ma get something up tonight or def tomorrow night 

yo cos I'm late and so many dudes have blown up the sample sources I'll challenge myself to get sample and drums from tracks no one has mentioned

Congrats to FatVon

• Like 1

Used a few different samples for this one.

For melodic samples, bass and vocals:

- Carry That Weight 

- Mother Nature's Son

- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

- Come Together

For the drums I used 'The End', 'Glass Onion', and some other ones I cant remember.