Recommended Posts

STBB #576
VOTE

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor snared rabbit cartoon

 

DON'T GET SNARED

 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor snared rabbit cartoon

 

Top to Bottom STBBCollectiondcloud.com/stbbcollection

 

the new STBB - Collection account

all tracks will be reposted and added to the weekly playlist by the mods

 

Use this thread to vote while making sure to effectively utilize:

BIG lettering,

BOLD fontsand/or CRAZY-AsSCOLORS

 

Voting allowed from 1 posted beat or 5 posts up, having listened to all beats.
Do not vote for yourself!

Must vote in order to be eligible for the win this week!

 

VOTE 1st 2nd and 3rd place

Otherwise your vote will not be counted!!!!

 

Voting ENDS Friday @ Midnight, Pacific Time

To the winner: PLEASE POST NEW SAMPLE AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME

FAQ'S CONCERNING BEAT BATTLE
If you would like to follow the winner's blog, CLICK HERE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dope samples, dope beats! Kudos all around. 

01: Rockusnewera

02: Jay Mykal

03: DefMute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome round y'all.  :D

1:KonChain

2:Rockusnewera

3:Jay Mykal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey All, I am out of pocket so I could not leave comments on soundcloud but really great week. Shout outs to all. Lots of Doom this week. 

1.FIVEPEE

2. lokal 

3. Hungrym4n

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loved the rules but damn...some strong producers used rims and snares... ya'll push on the pull doors ya know? regardless, all fire i wish i could vote for you!

M Y  V O T E S

1) JAY MYKAL!!!!!! heard it. hooked. perfect flip w/acapella. you fit that fill in too. too damn good to ignore.

2) BLUEEAR!!!!! tragic and dusty. that DX7 pluck you added was beyond dope. simple moves in quiet places.

3) SOUL-JUTSU!!!!!! got me weeping... my favorite cut of the vocal. loved the wood block and the mellotron strings. proto-mastery

 

 

honorable mentions

ROCKUSNEWERA!!!! haunting. that ride in place was perfect. imho, best placement and texture.

lonius - busy hats, echoes of jazz and rainy new york streets at night. beautiful eno-esque beat. loved it.

Morti69 - wild, tropical, jungle, natural. tbh, some of the best percussion i've heard in a while.

Slanteyes - so groovy so chewy loved the lil claps (lil baby claps clap clap clap clap*)  plus that lil melody you threw in, so good (boopboopboopboop boop boop)

Dez nyce - thank you for marking non-entry. your beat was fire homie. really loved the pitched piano on the kick.

 

dishonorable mentions... aka I WISH I COULD VOTE FOR YOU but you used some snare sounds...

Super Sen - rims... (well really, it's the rim+guitar-stab from the sample. loved the story telling you pulled from the acapella. loved the interpolation between the beat and the pella. so smooth)

defMute - rims... (always wanna vote for you but that guitar-stab+rim from the sample...)

:.G.F. NeLLa.: - snare.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for my vote, might need some clarification.

I read the rules as you can use outside drums just no snares in the outside drums

maybe some saw that as no snares allowed at all.

cause if peeps used the sample combo of guitar/stab/rim..wouldn't that just be considered part of the sample and not an outside snare?

anyhow, dope beats..i will vote based on that if someone (preferably fatvonfree) 😁 could clarify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My votings:

Was so goddamn hard to choose between you guys this week! U rocked it all.

1. slanteyez
2. beantangerine
3. Super Sen

per.du, Morti69, DoktorCross, That Kid CourageousxJoaGymshoe, BlueEar ^__^

GL everyone! Best regards,
C. Syd Rafferty <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, l o k a l said:

loved the rules but damn...some strong producers used rims and snares... ya'll push on the pull doors ya know? regardless, all fire i wish i could vote for you!

M Y  V O T E S

1) JAY MYKAL!!!!!! heard it. hooked. perfect flip w/acapella. you fit that fill in too. too damn good to ignore.

2) BLUEEAR!!!!! tragic and dusty. that DX7 pluck you added was beyond dope. simple moves in quiet places.

3) SOUL-JUTSU!!!!!! got me weeping... my favorite cut of the vocal. loved the wood block and the mellotron strings. proto-mastery

 

 

honorable mentions

ROCKUSNEWERA!!!! haunting. that ride in place was perfect. imho, best placement and texture.

lonius - busy hats, echoes of jazz and rainy new york streets at night. beautiful eno-esque beat. loved it.

Morti69 - wild, tropical, jungle, natural. tbh, some of the best percussion i've heard in a while.

Slanteyes - so groovy so chewy loved the lil claps (lil baby claps clap clap clap clap*)  plus that lil melody you threw in, so good (boopboopboopboop boop boop)

Dez nyce - thank you for marking non-entry. your beat was fire homie. really loved the pitched piano on the kick.

 

dishonorable mentions... aka I WISH I COULD VOTE FOR YOU but you used some snare sounds...

Super Sen - rims... (well really, it's the rim+guitar-stab from the sample. loved the story telling you pulled from the acapella. loved the interpolation between the beat and the pella. so smooth)

defMute - rims... (always wanna vote for you but that guitar-stab+rim from the sample...)

:.G.F. NeLLa.: - snare.

Hey STBB fam! 

I ll try to listen all the remaining beats tomorrow and hopefully I ll be able to vote.

Just wanted to clarify things out, I didn't use any kind of snare or rimshot..

As brother LOKAL said indeed there is a chop in my track that has this rimshot.I tried to ghost it out as much as I could for aesthetic reasons.I thought that my track was legit either way.I'm totally cool with my track being a non entry this week.It would be great if FAT VON can clarify the rules for us since it affects the vote criteria for some people (that includes me).

Peace 

-dM-

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to the judges... 

 

3 hours ago, craftmastre said:

for my vote, might need some clarification.

I read the rules as you can use outside drums just no snares in the outside drums

maybe some saw that as no snares allowed at all.

cause if peeps used the sample combo of guitar/stab/rim..wouldn't that just be considered part of the sample and not an outside snare?

anyhow, dope beats..i will vote based on that if someone (preferably fatvonfree) 😁 could clarify.

and...

 

54 minutes ago, d3fmut3 said:

Hey STBB fam! 

I ll try to listen all the remaining beats tomorrow and hopefully I ll be able to vote.

Just wanted to clarify things out, I didn't use any kind of snare or rimshot..

As brother LOKAL said indeed there is a chop in my track that has this rimshot.I tried to ghost it out as much as I could for aesthetic reasons.I thought that my track was legit either way.I'm totally cool with my track being a non entry this week.It would be great if FAT VON can clarify the rules for us since it affects the vote criteria for some people (that includes me).

Peace 

-dM-

 

 

 

 

In the words of the Fatman and in response to a battler stating that they had used a snare from the sample.....

 

On 20/03/2018 at 8:18 AM, FatVonFree said:

yeah man no snares.  great track though!!! but yeah its a special rule this week no snares.  

 

Nuff said.  Snare drum, or rim shot and you are DQ'd even if it is from the sample. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imma vote for

 

l o k a l

Swear to god it had me on the verge of tears

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ergoh said:

imma vote for

 

Good that your voting but you'll need to add a 2nd and 3rd place or it won't be counted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my 2cents

1) JOA AND TKC :FOR ME THE ONLY TRACK THAT GAVE IT THAT LIGHT, NOT TOO DARK BUT STILL HARD FLAVOR. ALSO THE VOCALS COMBINED WITH THE INSTRUMENTAL ARE ON POINT I think in general everyone was focusing on that dark sound, but this track is like "whoa, how come I didn't think of this?" which is dope.

2) Jay Mykal : That vibe is right on point, love the percussion in there (and Sean P! duh), awesome mix

3) Manuthablue : The continuity in the loop is dope, makes it easy to listen to, accapella makes it complete

Peace

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol my bad

imma vote for

1. l o k a l

2. C. Syd Rafferty

3. Soul-Jutsu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of dark, bass heavy tracks this week. I never want to hear that 1st sample again. :wacko:

1. RAS-H

2. Brotha_B/

3. PBB/ruedenz

For new heads, old heads returning, or anyone that has 2 names different names (forum/soundcloud), could you please put your soundcloud url in your profile info and/or your soundcloud name in your 'interests'. Something like - aka [soundcloud name]. Reason being, it makes it a lot easier for the mods counting votes to check off whether or not you voted on the current battle. If we are not familiar with both of your names, you might not be listed as 'voted' on the spreadsheet and you must vote to be eligible to win. Many thanks in advance. :D

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.lokal 

 

2.Kongchain

 

3.JoaGymshoe

man lol.  folks been complaining about not getting rules a few battles ago.  put up some rules and folks....le sigh.  fun week.  if your finished beat has a snare in it.  i shouldnt have to explain the parts of a snare.  NO SNARE (ANY PART OF ONE, EVEN IF ITS IN THE SAMPLE)IN YA BEAT YOU  ARE DQ.... i posted this up a few times in the other thread.  its clear in the rules.  no snares.  anyhoo. sorry for the confusion.  if i win again in the future i wont add special rules. cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, d3fmut3 said:

Hey STBB fam! 

I ll try to listen all the remaining beats tomorrow and hopefully I ll be able to vote.

Just wanted to clarify things out, I didn't use any kind of snare or rimshot..

As brother LOKAL said indeed there is a chop in my track that has this rimshot.I tried to ghost it out as much as I could for aesthetic reasons.I thought that my track was legit either way.I'm totally cool with my track being a non entry this week.It would be great if FAT VON can clarify the rules for us since it affects the vote criteria for some people (that includes me).

Peace 

-dM-

 

 

 

fuck man. i'm sorry i didn't realize what i was writing. i was just being insecure and a bit manic. the beat is truly fire and i shouldn't even say shit like that. my bad man. i was just being dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i can't log in with BAVNZ account here...PC/internet problema, so...i use this to vote!

Manu good things in this round, and the special no snare rule it's interesting! :D

1. Lokal

2. Ras-h

3. Soul-jutsu

I also enjoy Kongchain, Vømo and slanteyez :)

Lovely slow-venetian snare style beat by Yoni Den!

Pesce, BAVNZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, l o k a l said:

fuck man. i'm sorry i didn't realize what i was writing. i was just being insecure and a bit manic. the beat is truly fire and i shouldn't even say shit like that. my bad man. i was just being dumb.

U never said something wrong though brother...all good, let's move on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. SOUL-JUTSU

2. SLANTEYEZ

3. L O K A L

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn I just listened to 47 beats and left 61 comments. I might need to chill if I'm gonna do this every week

peace to everyone who showed love

1. Rockusnewera 

2. l o k a l

3. Soul-Jutsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn the rules :D my english skills are not that good :D... nice entrys guys :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 3 years did not make any beats .In this week, I feel so much passion n peace in this battle  and love STBB just like the first time I came  in this beat battle
all track are dope to me , so hard to choose

Rob Chop The Vinylator , Jay Mykal   ,   JoaGymshoe   , Lonius , Rockusnewera  ,  Detritus Tabu3...
Soul-Jutsu  ,  Morti69   ,  c1gart  ,  JoeMoDo Boa  ,  COSiMOZ  ,  slanteyez  ,  Kongchain  ,  HUNGRYM4N ,  l o k a l  , per.du...

...
----------------
       |

       |

       |

     \ /
1,Jay Mykal
2,slanteyez
3,Kongchain
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big up F.V. Free, Loved the rules this week and we were definitely spoilt by those samples.

Many thanks for the feedback. 

1-Slanteyez

2-Lokal

3-Morti69

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. FatVon - PURE FLAMES.  SO dusty. Good good good shit. 

2. Evlev8te ---bruuuuuuuuuuuuuh... them drums. 

3. Jay Mykal - Drums are FIRE. Beat is so fucking dope. 

beantangerine - that bass.... that shit was magic. 

Lokal - NUTS! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @FatVonFree,

Your beat is a real entry? I thought you was talking about making it a non... 

Just wanted to ask... otherwise @KappNeffect 5 Points would be wasted...

And i guess maybe some more people will vote for you... or even more if you clarify ;)

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting week!

1 Slanteyez
2 Lokal
3 Soul Jutsu

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now