Recommended Posts

Some fire this week, congrats!

though, imo since the "points" system has been used, it seems to myself at least, that it makes beat battling seem almost like a sport. It might sound extreme but ultimately it's about music and community.  

again, to myself it was more efficient for everyone to vote for THE best beat in their opinion with honorable mentions or shout outs. Having 2nd and 3rd place kinda complicates the vibe and sometimes addition!

it's all good. Love these battles! cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

the main objective is usually to get the battle up and running as quickly s possible..

so who has a dope sample and ruleset?

To the winner: PLEASE POST NEW SAMPLE AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME lets give them some time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FatVonFree said:

 

To the winner: PLEASE POST NEW SAMPLE AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME lets give them some time 

indeed.. but the winner anounced he was gonna be at work and passed on the torch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jay Mykal said:

does that include my vote lol? man I'm stepping into work right now for the whole day I'm happy for lokal or whoever to keep it moving. peace

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, supatranspose said:

again, to myself it was more efficient for everyone to vote for THE best beat in their opinion with honorable mentions or shout outs. Having 2nd and 3rd place kinda complicates the vibe and sometimes addition!

on the other side, I found myself in a position very often where there are two very close contestants, of which both I considered worth winning somehow...
Imo, the present form is fairer, meaning its less "the winner takes it all"-like. (first place 5pts, second 3pts, 3rd 1pt). Yes its more work, but since there is a very focused team of about 5 ppl, including myself, doing all the work (well basically we fill in the automated sheet linked after each battle), whats the problem? :)
Disclaimer: This week was VERY complicated for the team of vote counters, as we had a lot of extra notes in the sheet (bc of the many disq. entries.)

Ad next battle: I'd have a ruleset ready, however my samples got lost :( so it'll take me a while as well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

indeed.. but the winner anounced he was gonna be at work and passed on the torch...

yeah i know man. theguen sent a message to lokal.  a few hours left before the time we are supposed have it up by.  just the rules man. not trying to argue with every post.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FatVonFree said:

yeah i know man. theguen sent a message to lokal.  a few hours left before the time we are supposed have it up by.  just the rules man. not trying to argue with every post.  

 

I'm not tryna argue either..  just don't understand your aim..  I' think I'm at least just as curious as you are what lokal would come up with for rules..

fact is  that last time he showed up juuust after the deadline and it took another ( not sure )  hour or so to get shit up...

now he's not the winner..   'n Jay passed on it

in general  I think it's a good idea to get things rollin' for guys who have sunlight fading on their free saturday..

that's where I'm coming from..

I'm cool with waiting for another while though..

say like an hour?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

n general  I think it's a good idea to get things rollin' for guys who have sunlight fading on their free saturday..

that's where I'm coming from..

say like an hour?

 

hell yeah makes sense man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I’m out getting my ears lowered

probably won’t get home until 1230pst(earliest) I really hope Jay beats me to it. His beat was pure art.

If you guys wanna pass it off, go for it! I’m just happy to participate <3

(just a heads up, if I was going I do the rules... NO OUTSIDE SAMPLES NO OUTSIDE DRUMS!! NO OUTSIDE INSTRUMENTS (useless it’s the sample transformed) Bass is cool. At most 1:15 in length. <samples provided: the Lynn break, Where You Will Be by Yaw, and The Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi performed by The Chicago Symphony Orchestra> looking for pure instrumentals. NO ACAPELLAS!) ...

but I’m not at my computer soooooo... :c wump 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, l o k a l said:

Hey I’m out getting my ears lowered

probably won’t get home until 1230pst(earliest) I really hope Jay beats me to it. His beat was pure art.

If you guys wanna pass it off, go for it! I’m just happy to participate <3

(just a heads up, if I was going I do the rules... NO OUTSIDE SAMPLES NO OUTSIDE DRUMS!! NO OUTSIDE INSTRUMENTS (useless it’s the sample transformed) Bass is cool. At most 1:15 in length. <samples provided: the Lynn break, Where You Will Be by Yaw, and The Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi performed by The Chicago Symphony Orchestra> looking for pure instrumentals. NO ACAPELLAS!) ...

but I’m not at my computer soooooo... :c wump 

My kind of rule set.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, supatranspose said:

Some fire this week, congrats!

though, imo since the "points" system has been used, it seems to myself at least, that it makes beat battling seem almost like a sport. It might sound extreme but ultimately it's about music and community.  

again, to myself it was more efficient for everyone to vote for THE best beat in their opinion with honorable mentions or shout outs. Having 2nd and 3rd place kinda complicates the vibe and sometimes addition!

it's all good. Love these battles! cheers

I preferred single vote too. Simple and effective.  

However, the points system was voted on and agreed by the community.

In perspective, the counting guys do a good job, week in, week out, and today was just one bad count out of many without issues.

Keep up the good work guys. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn!!! sorry man I hit a bar after work. Thought the pick would just go to the next person on the list 2nd/3rd/4th etc 

I didn't realise I had to wake up extra early on a Saturday morning to audit a spreadsheet for a beat battle L0000000L!!!!!!!! I'm just clowning shout out to The Guen.

15 hours ago, l o k a l said:

Hey I’m out getting my ears lowered

HA!!!! THIS DUDE!!!!!

15 hours ago, l o k a l said:

(just a heads up, if I was going I do the rules... NO OUTSIDE SAMPLES NO OUTSIDE DRUMS!! NO OUTSIDE INSTRUMENTS (useless it’s the sample transformed) Bass is cool. At most 1:15 in length. <samples provided: the Lynn break, Where You Will Be by Yaw, and The Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi performed by The Chicago Symphony Orchestra> looking for pure instrumentals. NO ACAPELLAS!) ...

So he dropped the pick but we're doing something else. this place is confusing.

Again, sorry for the hassle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jay Mykal said:

 

..yeah, it kinda can be confusing at times.. you'll get used to it ;)

nah, when the winner can't post before the deadline anybody may post the new samp and rules to get the new week going as fast as possible..

it's coolest if that's one of the runners up..  but if they're not around anyone can do it.. 

so we waited a while yesterday.. tried to contact the runners up.. no response from lokal ...S-J messaged he couldn't make it..

lokal posted what he woulda done.. also wrote he wouldn't be able to make the deadline..so it  was a good call in the end..

TkC and I happened to be the third runner up ( I think ) but that had nothing to do with me posting the samples...

I offered.. like I do more often.. for anyone to come u with a sample and rules..  but usually nobody's really interested.. (?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now