1. Rockus - MF Doom Westside Gunn - 2 Strings 

2. Morti69 - Vergehen & Entstehen

3. BlueEar - MF Doom - Strange Ways Remix

Peace

1 HUNGRYMAN

2. JayMykal

3. Soul-Jutsu (2/3 is nuff 4 me)

Mentions: JoaGymshoe, l o k a l,  Morty69, Flipooster, and many more!

My comment as a vote-counter:
guuuuuuuys, I never experienced a week with soo many disqualified entries! :/
(my mono switch can't be convinced, however there is some room considering the snare/rimshot rule)

To avoid any later discussions
(list may not be complete):

Disqualified because stereo:
JoeMoDo Boa, Mhmory, Cosimoz, FIVEPEE, G.F.Nella

Disqualified because imo rimshot/snare was used:

(what do you ppl think?)
BAVNZ

I'm not sure about:
DoktorCross: isn't that a rimshot?, Same goes for SuperSen, and DefMute

Anyways: since @l o k a l is far ahead atm, that might not be important at all ...

• Like 1

1 Hungryman (No more words needed)

2 TkC & JoaGymShoe (knock knock - it's who!?)

3 Jay Mykal (the very best Snow remix of the many entries)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HUNGRYMAN said:

Lots of dark, bass heavy tracks this week. I never want to hear that 1st sample again. :wacko:

1. RAS-H

2. Brotha_B/

3. PBB/ruedenz

For new heads, old heads returning, or anyone that has 2 names different names (forum/soundcloud), could you please put your soundcloud url in your profile info and/or your soundcloud name in your 'interests'. Something like - aka [soundcloud name]. Reason being, it makes it a lot easier for the mods counting votes to check off whether or not you voted on the current battle. If we are not familiar with both of your names, you might not be listed as 'voted' on the spreadsheet and you must vote to be eligible to win. Many thanks in advance. :D

Hah, thanks for mentioning, never really thought about that! I'll do that right now. Maybe I'll switch names too. Or get a whole new one, both aliases stink anyways.

What up everybody I collabed w/ Joa this week, so not sure my votes count but wanted to chime in and leave some love regardless.

3. Ras -H (Grimey AF and the acc. fits perfectly)

2.DefMute (Wavy and the kick knocks harrrrddd)

1. Jay Mykal (Perfection, sounds pro all the way through) 

Honorablz: Lokal, Ruedenz, v0ms, BlueEar, Rockusnewera, Elev8te, SlantEyez..

First to Third in that Order:

JoaGymshoe - Dope Rhymes and Delivery!

Hungrym4n -  Overall Dope Collage

C.Syd Rafferty  - That Build up!

And a lot of other Dope Beats this week and yes too much snow remixes

• Like 1

cool rules FVF.. keep em coming future winners..

faves: Slanty.. Soul-Ju.. Beantan.. Fla..Bleue.. JayMyk..Vöms

1.Slanty

2.beantang

3.Soul-J

21 minutes ago, ThatKidCourageous said:

What up everybody I collabed w/ Joa this week, so not sure my votes count but wanted to chime in and leave some love regardless.

anybody who ever posted a beat on stmb or made upwards of 5 legit1mate post may vote..

4 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

anybody who ever posted a beat on stmb or made upwards of 5 legit1mate post may vote..

Word! Good to know.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FatVonFree said:

man lol.  folks been complaining about not getting rules a few battles ago.  put up some rules and folks....le sigh.  fun week.  if your finished beat has a snare in it.  i shouldnt have to explain the parts of a snare.  NO SNARE (ANY PART OF ONE, EVEN IF ITS IN THE SAMPLE)IN YA BEAT YOU  ARE DQ.... i posted this up a few times in the other thread.  its clear in the rules.  no snares.  anyhoo. sorry for the confusion.  if i win again in the future i wont add special rules. cheers

In the 5 years I've been here, this may have been the 1st battle I've seen where something in the samples (inside) wasn't allowed. We have had plenty of battles where outside drums weren't allowed and the no snare rule, so battlers usually know that anything in the sample(s) is a okay to use. It's best to elaborate as much as you can in the rules, but this was a good battle and a tough week to get folks out of their comfort zone. The same old standard battle rules get boring after a while. Keep 'em coming!

2 hours ago, Per.du said:

(my mono switch can't be convinced, however there is some room considering the snare/rimshot rule)

Yeah, there were quite a few that weren't in mono. I didn't know the best way to address this since votes were already coming in when I started listening. I just voted for one's that were. It's going to be hard to count this one up. :unsure:

2 hours ago, PBB said:

Hah, thanks for mentioning, never really thought about that! I'll do that right now. Maybe I'll switch names too. Or get a whole new one, both aliases stink anyways.

Haha! I know who you are and I know what you mean. WTF is a hungryman?! Thanks for helping the counters out.

30 minutes ago, ThatKidCourageous said:

The rule on collab weeks is both parties have to vote for their beat to be counted. I would keep this the same for non-collab week's also, making it a collaborative effort all the way to the finish line. B)Like Joa said, anyone can vote (5 posts up), the more votes the better. Even if you were disqualified you can still vote.

1. SOUL-JUTSU

2. JOAGYMSHOE  X TKC

3. JAY MYKAL

HONORABLE MENTIONS:  KAPPNEFFECT, ELEV8TE, PER.DU, LONIUS.... APPRECIATE THE LISTENS/FEEDBACK/VOTES THIS WEEK YO, GOOD TO BE BACK

16 minutes ago, HUNGRYMAN said:

.. would keep this the same for non-collab week's also, making it a collaborative effort all the way to the finish line. B)

hmm..  one entry.. one vote has always sufficed..  let's keep it that way.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

hmm..  one entry.. one vote has always sufficed..  let's keep it that way.

I could have sworn this was the collab rule, but you should know better than anyone, since you have kept up with the collab week over the years.

Guest Lonius

1. Soul-Jutsu

2. slanteyez

3. l o k a l

Personal other top 5 :Jay Mykal FIVEPEE Kongchain beantangerine JoaGymshoe

Tough to choose this week. Tons of fire. Great week thanks to all involved and FVF especially for the samples & the rules.

1. Rockusnewera

2. Fla.

3. BlueEar

The winner is  jay mykal  with  38 points

with 37 points  followed by lokal - second

On the third place  we have Soul jutsu  with 32 points

vote sheet is here

Edited by theGuen
Error

22 hours ago, Jay Mykal said:

damn I just listened to 47 beats and left 61 comments. I might need to chill if I'm gonna do this every week

peace to everyone who showed love

1. Rockusnewera 

2. l o k a l

3. Soul-Jutsu

Not voted? HAHAHAHA!

Big shout out to everyone who showed me mad love this week I really do appreciate it.

Fuck it I'm going to work.

Congrats to Lokal bring that sample cuz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On my way right now... 

but have to correct it

5 points from jay mykals first line added to his second line and marked it voted... 

Counted again by fingers... 38 points

Jay mykal wins this battle! 

does that include my vote lol? man I'm stepping into work right now for the whole day I'm happy for lokal or whoever to keep it moving. peace

• Like 1

the vote in the one other line in the sheet seems to be double

..did a quick count of all votes for Jay on the forum.. it's 35.. so .. it's back to lokal.. congrats!

1 hour ago, JoaGymshoe said:

the vote in the one other line in the sheet seems to be double

..did a quick count of all votes for Jay on the forum.. it's 35.. so .. it's back to lokal.. congrats!

Thats actually not correct.
Since I started the sheet (and appearantly made two rows for Jay, sorry 'bout that :/) I felt it was necessary to re-check... went through the thread twice, and it looks like Guen was right in the first place.

Jay got confirmed 38 pts - congrats!
followed by Lokal's confirmed 37pts

link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RibvtFPti9p-cNOpVY2Meu2Wm_GgcXt9XLc30Oj5PhQ/edit?usp=sharing

i hope its not too late for the clarification?

hahaaa.. shit.. sorry for confusing matters more.. had to count twice to see it too.. got duped by the 123 << >>321 orders

anywho.. I recall lokal not making the deadline last time .maybe he has work on saturdays too..
I can't get a hold of the second runner up ..S-J just yet either..

the main objective is usually to get the battle up and running as quickly s possible..

so who has a dope sample and ruleset?

congrats Jay!