FatVonFree

STBB 576 Grime Folk Music (SnaresHellaOptional Week)

Congratzzzz FVF, hahah that dusty roc marciano shit is dooope,im right on it 

yo! congrats my dude! the rules and the samples were a lot of fun. I usually don't use snares in my beats but I pulled some tricks out to make something distinct. First, I set my master to mono, so any source coming from my monitors would be mono. I figured this would save me time and headache from dealing with stereo material. For the "snare" I used a chh from the good 'ol drum library, slowed it down, added some fade in Ableton and BAM it was good. The pads were made from various portions of the sample (sample #3). The vocal was taken from sample #3 and slowed down to fit the key (I used Ableton to do this). Originally, I had wanted do a "dusty beat" like Von wanted, so naturally, I went with something like Burial, eventually, I got tired of trying to program those eclectic drums and went with something that felt more natural. I didn't really mix the track, but I leveled it using the pinknoise technique (hit me up if you want to learn how). Over all, it was nice taking a break from the STBB, and to come back and have one my favorite producers on here host it. ⁄§⁄

here it is,this is one of my quickest  stbb flips Ive made,took me 1 hours to finnish this.

enjoy guys,

Muted roc and sp, layered the female vocal sample, new arrangement/fills and flipped the stereo button.

Used all the samples. Made 2 beats. Mono. Some mild bit crushing with the ST-224 and VSTs. Used sound effects to make all the percussion. A bullwhip for the kicks and hi hats. A glass jar spinning on ice for a rattle sound. White noise and some layered claps for the no snare. Then some skits and other noises.

Congrats dude!

Used 808 toms instead of a snare, turned out to sound a bit snare-like in the mix. Guess not what you intended.. maybe s.o. digs this crunchy motorcycle joint nevertheless.

Cheers fellas! 

Hi guys, here's mine. Sorry, i had to reupload, the high end was terrible, still not the best but i have no time anymore... Very nice samples!

https://soundcloud.com/doinel_ch/stbb576

Edited by dOiN=L
And i can't embed it anymore, so i put the link, sorry...

3 hours ago, dOiN=L said:

Hi guys, here's mine. Sorry, i had to reupload, the high end was terrible, still not the best but i have no time anymore... Very nice samples!

https://soundcloud.com/doinel_ch/stbb576

•  
On ‎21‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 4:32 AM, Jay Mykal said:

yo would it be ok if I swapped my entry for an updated version?

On ‎21‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 12:10 PM, JoaGymshoe said:

aaah.. unfortunately not brother..

it's like the chess piece.. once you let go of it your move has been made.

..plus.. late ( thus non-entries ) only get reposted and added to the playslist if labeled that way

• Like 1

Sure, i agree with that. I finished at 4 AM, when heard it this morning i was shocked by the sound,  i thought it wasn't past the deadline. The sound is still a mess...

Sorry again!

Sup guys.

I'm back after a long time (my 3 or 4 entries in 2013 apparently lol), I can definitely use the practice, no better place then STBB. The website rightfully remembered and upheld my rookie status for which I'm truly honored. :D

Here's my (too late) entry for this week, totally missed out on the deadline (good job, I know). 

Grimy: Yes

Snares: guilty

Mono: no (late with my entry, otherwise yes)

Make it sound like Roc Marciano would eat this: I think I focused too much on making it sound dark, so I don't 100% believe it does.

Dusty: I think so, yeah.

I'm not sold on my own beat 100%, tried to make it dark, grimy and dusty. I am guilty on using a drumroll which holds ONE freaking snare kick (which I muffled with EQ but yeah..still a snare). Since this is a late entry I did make it a stereo file and tried to put in practice some mixing skills for myself. 

Been checking (most of) the other entries today and will vote right away. Dope stuff out there!

Yo these samples!!!! 

Late Entry - Used 3 of the samples. That bass!