FatVonFree

STBB 576 Grime Folk Music (SnaresHellaOptional Week)

Grats for the win man,samples are fire

Great sample selection. I`m excited to hear a selection of really different songs.

Here is my entry:

Big ups from Germany 

sang after the roc marci acapella. played some guitar. all done in the mpc4000 and sp404sx/sp303. fun stuff. mastered through my rack gear into my tascam portastudio. hope you dig

On 3/19/2018 at 1:17 AM, Dr.Cross said:

heres my entry. i used a snare out of the samples. :) and tryd to make it sound dirty like dirty sanchez :D

Greets from germany

peace out. Dok. 

yeah man no snares.  great track though!!! but yeah its a special rule this week no snares.  

Yo FatVonFree, congrats on the win!

Samples are dope, feels like they flipped by themself... Hope they did a good job ;)

Kinda late, but congrats FatVonFree. As i was reading the "solo" rule, I kinda knew you were gonna get this one.

Anyhow, here's my entry. Kept it simple and mostly let the samples speak, as I was going more for a Griselda records type of sound. Also, in mono I had no room for lots of elements. Added a bass, some percussions, an organ, and a little lead guitar part. I previously did a remix of the acapella I used in here, which sounds completely different (if you wanna check that out...it's Gorilla Monsoon, by westside doom).

congrats fvf, made a couple rough flips from these samples, used click sounds to take the place of snares in some places

7 hours ago, Jay Mykal said:

yo would it be ok if I swapped my entry for an updated version?

aaah.. unfortunately not brother..

it's like the chess piece.. once you let go of it your move has been made.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I made this on the remote island Koh Bulon Leh in Thailand, while on vacation with my GF and kids. There might be a lotta muddy freq's in this one, as I've had difficulties mixing it on my minimal setup here. (I know: Same story, different week, for me). Also, the tuning of the samples with the bass and midi stuff really fucked with me. Might be outta tune. 

The rim-shots are in the sample. I didn't add either snares nor rims. Hella difficult doing no-snare + mono production for me! Fun challenge. 

Had to jump on this one. Some nice samples and unique rules. Its snowing like crazy on the east coast so I had to flip the Snow acapella.

Have to agree completely that what characterizes Roc's beats is lack of snares. But alas

this could easily be my anti-tune. hesitated to upload first, but here it is. only had very limited time again :(