Sign in to follow this  
James Frank.

Brockhampton

not sure what happened, but for some reason it just all clicked for me the past week or so.  i've been aware of these guys all last year, but now i'm realizing just how much i had been sleeping on them since then.  they're not at all what i had originally thought of them, and the more i dive in the more interested i get in the whole world they've built up for themselves.  it would be like if 12 of us on the STMB just moved into a house and started making media -- beats, raps, lyrics, vocals, films, music videos, graphic design, fucking everything...all independently.

i didn't realize how much they had blown up until this week when i tried buying tix to their show this Thursday in Denver.  not only are these tix sold the fuck out, they're currently climbing up in price on Stubhub past the $100 point -- per ticket.  also noticed a massive jump in their channel's hits, they have like 20 songs that have passed the 1 million view mark.  shit's crazy...and they're just starting to blow up.  has anyone else here been listening to the best boy band ever?

• Like 1

I've been obsessed since Saturation 1, heard about them from Fantano. Easily the most exciting hip hop in years, they're clearly inspired by Odd Future but they're all much better than those dudes ever were as a group. They got Christian Clancy managing them now, same dude that did for Odd Future as well which is prob helping them blow up even more.

Kevin Abstract writes some of the best hooks I've heard in a long ass time, extremely catchy (Gold is what sold me on them). The weirdness of dudes like Merlyn and Joba is awesome too, love all the energy from them. Very happy to see how much hype they're getting now, it's well deserved. Each one of the Saturation records was better than Kendrick/Jay-Z/Tyler/etc last year imo. It was bananas when they announced a 3rd album before the 2nd one even dropped. What's more crazy is how consistent each release was, each getting better than the last.

What they're doing for gay folks in rap is cool too, much more interesting than Tyler's 'sorta' coming out stuff on his last one.

Bummed I missed out on the Saturation box set, was totally going to buy one but didn't see them announce it until after sold out -_-

Def looking forward to Team Effort. James I dunno if you got the Saturation Demos but lots of good stuff to check out there too (Let me know if you want those!)

Couple more good ones if people are curious (Couple of my favorite 'catchy' ones):

Also here's a Merlyn meme I made lol

Also super bummed Follow didn't make it on any of them, so lame def one of my favorites

can't forget this banger, of course:

the moment i began to realize these guys are something special is when i juxtaposed this track ^ with this one:

they can kill it on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.  some of their softer songs get a little too soft for my taste tbh, so i definitely have a little disagreement with how highly Fantano rated their first project.  but what else do you expect from a literal boy band?  so i give them a pass on songs like "LAMB" or "WASTE"

2 hours ago, James Frank. said:

they can kill it on complete opposite ends of the spectrum.  some of their softer songs get a little too soft for my taste tbh, so i definitely have a little disagreement with how highly Fantano rated their first project.  but what else do you expect from a literal boy band?  so i give them a pass on songs like "LAMB" or "WASTE"

I hear ya on the softer stuff, especially on the first one. That said, by 3 I think I was even digging that stuff more. I think Fantano was a little high on 1, but before hearing how much they could improve on 2/3 I kinda understand. 

It's funny because Boogie was a bit too much on first listen, I was like dang they maybe changed it up too much. Def one of my favorites now though on 3. 

One more favorite here lol, crazy how close he got to sounding like MIA