STBB #568

Yo thank you so much for the votes ya'll. :)

tom.jpg.86fbf29c0437347c2dd98f2e468c742e.jpg

ANIME FLIPS

I picked 3 random samples from my archive of anime ost's.

Wetransfer link here :

https://we.tl/j804LvLcIi

Rules

- Time limit between 1-3 minutes

- Outside drums and bass allowed

Outside keys/synths/instruments are allowed 

- outside samples not allowed

- Outside vocal cuts/skits/scratches/fx allowed

- Acapellas allowed

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 568“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

Label entries that are posted after the deadline as 'late entry' and entries that don't comply with the rules as: 'non-entry' in your track title.

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: https://wetransfer.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on the win. Nice clear rule set we have here too. 

• Like 2

congrats again tD!..

personally was hopin' for some challenging special rule..

I sorta made up my own coz I'm having a hard time finding the key for the bassline...

so gonna use my voice to make it...

if anyone wants an extra challenge.. get low with me...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yo. Being a weeb an all gotta ask can we use outside samples if they are from animes

Congrats on the win

Congrats The Deli! I just read your bio, now I got gotta look up your track that Mark Farina spun.

Hit up the Weekly Winner's Interview, pinned at the top of the battle forum, if you get the chance.

my entry for this week..the main bed is the sample then I played some electric piano....bass and lead guitar..hope you all dig ...pretty happy with the drums, i am getting way better at incorporating my live drum set and some in the box finger drumming 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Farmer Dillo said:

Yo. Being a weeb an all gotta ask can we use outside samples if they are from animes

Congrats on the win

Yo my bad for not clarifying better in the rules, but YES you can use different anime for vocal cuts/skits etc. 

19 hours ago, Farmer Dillo said:

Congrats on the win

Yo my bad for not clarifying better in the rules, but YES you can use different anime for vocal cuts/skits etc. 

Some dope entries so far. waddup stones throw. 

Alright, my 2nd round. I got the feeling that my last one was a bit too ordinary, so I tried to switch things up a little.

Mostly chopped the guitar sample, but picked up your idea Joa, and hummed into the mic (took me over an hour to find it...), then microsampled a tiny bit from that and put effects on it to create a basssound. The Organ Lead thingy coming in later is from the same voice recording, but different pitch / effects.  Also recorded some percussion sounds from various random objects lying around closely (now that I found the mic again, I need to use it). Picked small pieces from the other two samples for some effects/atmosphere. The acapella obviously helps to keep things interesting (even though the time stretching is borderline).

The whole song is kinda out of groove, but I kept it like that, sort of works for me.

• Like 3

used some vocal cuts and tried to do something with a midi keyboard. took a rhodes plugin that i got with my soundcard lol :P
dope ass samples!
gratz the deli

I have a couple of beat-makers who I really like who do a lot of remixes of anime OSTs, so this is cool.

I gotta get my hands on some anime OSTs, I don't have enough of those.

9 hours ago, keriz_madik said:

hey how do u vote?

hmmm,  I dunno man... you seem to have invented your own way of aquiring votes by starting a topic in the beatbattles thread ;)

maybe you could study some more topics and see how it's really done?  :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Should actually work on my thesis but now spend time doing this :)

Have a great week, everyone!

yo yo yo! Had some fun with this one. I grabbed and manipulated some loops from one of the samples and added live bass, vocals, some drum stuff and a Mary J Blige vocal chop. Feedback and constructive criticism is always appreciated! PEACE!

On 21/01/2018 at 6:03 PM, TheDeli23 said:

Ha I was gonna then I maxed my laptop's memory with will of d cuts. So couldn't in the end. Gonna have to have a mass sample clean up if I wanna enter again

yoooo congrats,well deserved win man.

Dope samples I used all 3 of them.

enjoy fellas