d3fmut3

STBB#567

STBB #567

Once again thank you all for the votes

<3

giphy.gif

I picked 3 random samples from one of my sampling playlists.

Wetransfer link here :

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f222ea776a732ecd615bfb62b69e7d7020180113134928/e3dc7f88f6a17dd14b5dbf2c7051e86c20180113134928/6d115d

Rules

Use at least one of the provided samples

no outside samples allowed.

outside drums/synths/fx/recorded instruments allowed

no time limit

-HAVE FUN-

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 567“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

Label entries that are posted after the deadline as 'late entry' and entries that don't comply with the rules as: 'non-entry' in your track title.

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: https://wetransfer.com/

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CASCASSETTE said:

Congrats! I hope we can move to something like WeTransfer soon.

Thank you! I ll edit the post and add a wetransfer link too,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CASCASSETTE said:

Congrats! I hope we can move to something like WeTransfer soon.

Yeah, I thought the fine print was already changed correspondingly.. 

Thx d3f for the re-up on WeTransfer :)

Congrats again, I hope I'll have the time to participate this week...

9 minutes ago, Per.du said:

Yeah, I thought the fine print was already changed correspondingly.. 

Thx d3f for the re-up on WeTransfer :)

Congrats again, I hope I'll have the time to participate this week...

Thank you man and no problem for the re-up.Sorry guys for the zippyshare upload,I suppose somewhere in the way I lost the WeTransfer rule

• Like 1

played some guitar, sang  and reamped the shit outta everything.... fun times

• Like 1

In light of recent events - messages I got considering the voting deadline and process to be judged unfairly e.g. -
let me tell you this:

I've been doing the voting/setting up vote threat on my own for the last few weeks.
It takes about 3/4 of an hour to an hour each and every week. I'm not complaining, just mentioning, bc you might not know that it's a lot of work.
I don't have a lot of time, especially not 9 am on my only spare day, which is saturday.

If you find mistakes or mixups, thats cool.
Message me/superfly/barry (please come back guys!!!!) and one of us will correct them asap IF you have proof.
BUT:

If you wanna bitch around - keep it for guys/girls that give a fuck.

We spend enough time organizing round here doing the "dirty work".
We all just wanna hit the studio and jam.
If you want sth. to change or be changed THATS NICE. BUT DO SOMETHING.
Complaining is easy.

THIS BATTLE IS USER-MODERATED
and this means, moderation ist NOT limited to the few who actually seemed to care about this for the last weeks. (big s/o to all the ones who actually cared/asked/eg.)
feels like the rest is just up for free comments and likes? I hope not.

Suggestions:
If your vote is close to the deadline, WHY NOT MENTION THAT IN YOU POST?
If your Entry is late, WHY NOT MENTION THAT IN YOUR TRACK TITLE?

thank you.

• Like 4

yo hit the mods up cuzzo.  i would love to help set shit up if need be.  no sense in having one dude always having to do it. actually i can just help period.  im in japan so its the afternoon when this shit is counted up.  so yeah i can help man.  im about to crash out but shoot me a message on how i can really help.  cheers man.  this is a dope community dont let that shit bother ya. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Per.du said:

Suggestions:
If your vote is close to the deadline, WHY NOT MENTION THAT IN YOU POST?
If your Entry is late, WHY NOT MENTION THAT IN YOUR TRACK TITLE?

Man, I'm notorious for posting 5-10 mins before the deadline. I can usually tell who entered late, but I never say anything. It seems like the one time I did, our mods then were like, "It's not really that big of a deal." I guess I can start putting the actual time (US Pacific) on my post if I know it's close to the deadline, since the forum only clocks by the hour.

7 hours ago, Per.du said:

feels like the rest is just up for free comments and likes? I hope not.

Come on Per.du, that never happens... lmao ;)

I know modding sucks and people are gonna try to break rules if there are rules to break, but thank you for all your effort.

• Like 2

congrats homie! been listening to your cloud all week.
I flipped all 3 twice (2 parts). the tracks posted exceeded my expectations and def didn't make it easy, NO OUTSIDE SAMPLES (i'm thinking "...oh shit").
I didn't realize I could use my drums (cuz they're SAMPLES! ugh...)
Regardless, it was fun scrubbing through the material, trying to find the right chords and all the single drum hits.
I started with something different and ended with something more familiar.
Everything was made using ableton's sampler and warp algos. I had to send most things through the tape so i could get the textures i needed.
~peace and love~

⁄§⁄

Congrats d3fmut3 ! 
I do not know whether my beat meets the requirements of this rule( "no outside samples allowed.(everything else allowed) ") , I used my drum and recorded sound like  water , Hulusi and my Putonghua  by myself , if my beat don't meet requirements of the rule , please ignore it .

6 hours ago, l o k a l said:

congrats homie! been listening to your cloud all week.
I flipped all 3 twice (2 parts). the tracks posted exceeded my expectations and def didn't make it easy, NO OUTSIDE SAMPLES (i'm thinking "...oh shit").
I didn't realize I could use my drums (cuz they're SAMPLES! ugh...)
Regardless, it was fun scrubbing through the material, trying to find the right chords and all the single drum hits.
I started with something different and ended with something more familiar.
Everything was made using ableton's sampler and warp algos. I had to send most things through the tape so i could get the textures i needed.
~peace and love~

⁄§⁄

Hey man thank you! Glad you had fun with the samples.Yeah my bad I should have been more clear about outside drums, synths etc.I should edit the original post again!

2 hours ago, ShineOxygen said:

Congrats d3fmut3 ! 
I do not know whether my beat meets the requirements of this rule( "no outside samples allowed.(everything else allowed) ") , I used my drum and recorded sound like  water , Hulusi and my Putonghua  by myself , if my beat don't meet requirements of the rule , please ignore it .

Thank you man! No, don't worry about it, your track is legit, and dope ;)

I 'll edit the rules in order to be more clear.

Big up to Per.Du and apologies for being absent lately.

Work and finding spare time to also spend at home left me no time for STBB.

Will try to be a more frequent Stonesthrow Beatbattler and Vote counter again. :-)

Below my entry!

• Like 1

Fun making this one. I could always help with ST beat battles if there is need. I check here everyweek for the battles. I just don't upload everyweek.

Cheers.

Hey All, I also would be happy to help. I can set my alarm and get up at the deadline or I could do the count at midnight est and someone else on the west coast could do the votes after that time. I am old and senile but I can still do basic math. Just let me know how I can help. Appreciate all those that do their part.

Also something for the holiday. Non-Entry

Peace, Hugh

I tried to stay as close to the rules as I can. Everything except 3 drumsounds I used is made from the samples. I hope the outside drums are fine. I incorparated all three samples into this one. 

Congrats on your win, this one was fun! :)

Enjoy this track with your fav medicine peace!

..okay, looks like the community is stepping up... good.

now.. while we're at it..

how about some more interesting rules and samples ?

barring the occasional highlight.. 'lonius' 

it has all been a bit bland..

haven't really been challenged of late..

so just a reminder of some cool rules of the past:

BPMs, structures/ chorus/ hooks[ drops , fieldrecordings. use your body, monophonic,  flip according to a picture, 4/5 time, reverse, reverbless, record own drums, unquantized, organic, make a video to go with your beat... etc.

and many themes, like: zombies, distopia, halloween, xmas, love, gangster lovesong, dusty, underwater, edm, reggae, jazz.....and so forth..

plus sample picking: we've had whole themed packs:  Bollywood, Eastern European,  Drumkits,  winner's played keys,

single tracks without drums, acapellas, spoken pieces, country,  etc etc..

this just to spark your imaginations somewhat..

pz Joa

• Like 3

12 hours ago, JoaGymshoe said:

..okay, looks like the community is stepping up... good.

now.. while we're at it..

how about some more interesting rules and samples ?

barring the occasional highlight.. 'lonius' 

it has all been a bit bland..

haven't really been challenged of late..

so just a reminder of some cool rules of the past:

BPMs, structures/ chorus/ hooks[ drops , fieldrecordings. use your body, monophonic,  flip according to a picture, 4/5 time, reverse, reverbless, record own drums, unquantized, organic, make a video to go with your beat... etc.

and many themes, like: zombies, distopia, halloween, xmas, love, gangster lovesong, dusty, underwater, edm, reggae, jazz.....and so forth..

plus sample picking: we've had whole themed packs:  Bollywood, Eastern European,  Drumkits,  winner's played keys,

single tracks without drums, acapellas, spoken pieces, country,  etc etc..

this just to spark your imaginations somewhat..

pz Joa

yo! I had no idea it could be this "unbound". It'd be interesting to do something outlandish like "no drums allowed!!"

• Like 1