d3fmut3

STBB#567

On 13.1.2018 at 5:22 PM, Per.du said:

In light of recent events - messages I got considering the voting deadline and process to be judged unfairly e.g. -
let me tell you this:

I've been doing the voting/setting up vote threat on my own for the last few weeks.
It takes about 3/4 of an hour to an hour each and every week. I'm not complaining, just mentioning, bc you might not know that it's a lot of work.
I don't have a lot of time, especially not 9 am on my only spare day, which is saturday.

If you find mistakes or mixups, thats cool.
Message me/superfly/barry (please come back guys!!!!) and one of us will correct them asap IF you have proof.
BUT:

If you wanna bitch around - keep it for guys/girls that give a fuck.

We spend enough time organizing round here doing the "dirty work".
We all just wanna hit the studio and jam.
If you want sth. to change or be changed THATS NICE. BUT DO SOMETHING.
Complaining is easy.

THIS BATTLE IS USER-MODERATED
and this means, moderation ist NOT limited to the few who actually seemed to care about this for the last weeks. (big s/o to all the ones who actually cared/asked/eg.)
feels like the rest is just up for free comments and likes? I hope not.

Suggestions:
If your vote is close to the deadline, WHY NOT MENTION THAT IN YOU POST?
If your Entry is late, WHY NOT MENTION THAT IN YOUR TRACK TITLE?

thank you.

Hey Per.du,
first of all thanks to you and the others for doing the dirty work,
setting up threads, do the counting and keep this running !!!

I am fairly new here... so i am a bit shy but i have some suggestions 
wich  maybe could be discussed.

1)As you said, late- and non-entries should be marked in the title

2)Someone makes a deadline post in the battle and in the voting thread.
Could be done by the host of the battle...
But I think this task could be up to everyone. Whoever feels that the deadline is reached could make the post.
But there should be no discussion about 5 minutes late or early...

3) Non-entries should be posted after the deadline.

4) Non- and late-entries get reposted on Soundcloud after the voting finished. Or maybe they don't get reposted on SC at all.

I think this could ease the counting... to be discussed...

cheers,
G.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theGuen said:

Hey Per.du,
first of all thanks to you and the others for doing the dirty work,
setting up threads, do the counting and keep this running !!!

I am fairly new here... so i am a bit shy but i have some suggestions 
wich  maybe could be discussed.

But I think this task could be up to everyone. Whoever feels that the deadline is reached could make the post.

4) Non- and late-entries get reposted on Soundcloud after the voting finished. Or maybe they don't get reposted on SC at all.

I think this could ease the counting... to be discussed...

cheers,
G.

Hi G! Thx 4 caring :)

Ad 1. Agreed.

Ad 2. Not really convinced, I think honesty rules, I mean you can't win anything but appreciation anyways.

To go into detail - What if that posting was late? However it could work if it were an automated post... 🤔

Ad 3. Thats probably only more work for the guys doing it :/

Ad 4. Totally agree here, but still dependent on the honesty of all participants to tag their beat as a non-entry in the first place.

What do you think?

9 hours ago, l o k a l said:

yo! I had no idea it could be this "unbound". It'd be interesting to do something outlandish like "no drums allowed!!"

...yeah man.. we had that one too once.. could use alternatives as drums..

and there was also a 'synthesize' your own drums week once or twice..

go all out!

4 hours ago, theGuen said:

1. yes.. simple.. always been that way.. just do it guys.

2. more 'dirty'work for someone?.. the times are all in the FAQ and Topic Starts :

Midnight Wednesday LA time/ 09:00 Thursday morning Europe - posting beat deadline

Midnight Friday  LA time/ 09:00 Saturday morning - voting deadline

Noon Saturday LA time/  21:00  Satiurday evening Europe - sample posting deadline 

If winner doesn't show - runner up or any particapant may do it - mention it here first though

How simple can it be... calculate and remember ( write down ) your own times for where you are situated

3. and 4.

post your beats whenever you want.. just lable them right for voting sake.

the SC STBB Collection page is a seperate entity made after SC Groups ceased to exist.

we repost and add to the play list, catalogue the beats to make for easy listening and sharing etc.

all beats that are made for the  beatbattle and posted on stmb  are included

in the order that they are posted in.

just some history.. we implemented the  1st ,2nd ,3rd  place ( 5,3,1 points) somwhere in 2017...after having had a poll on it.

it had been just vote for favorite 1 beat the 9 years before.

as for labling beats and deadlines.. that has always been a bit of a pain.. depending on how you view things

some are more relaxed about it than others.

my opinion is: I wouldn't want to be watching the clock waiting for the deadline to pass..

then think I've won

only to lose the battle coz someones late vote was counted.

so no 5 minutes this or that way.. the forum time is accurate.

all that is needed is for all of us to pay a teensy weensy bit of attention

"Ya'll know what time it is! " ;)

pz Joa

15:40  16th of Jan. 2018

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Per.du said:

Hi G! Thx 4 caring :)

Ad 1. Agreed.

Ad 2. Not really convinced, I think honesty rules, I mean you can't win anything but appreciation anyways.

To go into detail - What if that posting was late? However it could work if it were an automated post... 🤔

Ad 3. Thats probably only more work for the guys doing it :/

Ad 4. Totally agree here, but still dependent on the honesty of all participants to tag their beat as a non-entry in the first place.

What do you think?

Hey Per.du,
I also think that we should rely on honesty since we are a community...
I just was thinking about making the work for the one who counts votes more easy. 

The deadline Post would tell you which entries and which votes to count. I agree that an automated post would be best.
I think  most people don't get the timezones straight if they post non tagged late entries.... It's not to hard but with daylight saving, your local timeoffset could change twice a year.

About late deadline posts : I think  maybe someone has a lucky week... And if somebody else is complaining he should post the deadline next week 
A Problem would be if someone posts the deadline early. But that would be totaly bad ass behavior... so i don't see it happen 
Ahh maybe this guy with the fake battle threads. So ok, this is maybe a bad idea.

Point 3 is about not having non-entries mixed with counting entires. I remember some weeks where people have voted for non-entries, most likely not by intend. But you have to sort them out while counting the votes. I don't think anyone would have more work cause it's just "if you want to submit a non entry, do it after the deadline"

Point 4 is just about making it more hard to vote for none/late entries (less votes to sort out). For example i use the playlist for listening/voting and if i am not carefully reading the titles i maybe vote for non/late entries, which means more work for the one who counts votes.

I am not a big fan of complicated rules so this is just about organizing and make things a bit more easy

1 hour ago, JoaGymshoe said:

2. more 'dirty'work for someone?..

No... as I said the post could be done by everyone for example hungryman who maybe is willing to wait 5 minutes before shutting down the computer or Detrius who has a alarm clock

or even me as i am in europe and in most cases awake at 9 o clock.

all beats that are made for the  beatbattle and posted on stmb  are included

in the order that they are posted in.

I would not change this.. I just want to make people post their non entries later...

my opinion is: I wouldn't want to be watching the clock waiting for the deadline to pass..

then think I've won

only to lose the battle coz someones late vote was counted.

so no 5 minutes this or that way.. the forum time is accurate.

Ok I agree! 

but the forum time is not displayed accurate as perdu mentioned.

And if someone is watching the clock he could make the post. This task could be up to anyone who cares that day....

all that is needed is for all of us to pay a teensy weensy bit of attention

"Ya'll know what time it is! " ;)

And here I agree totaly ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theGuen said:

Aight, so let me tell you this and I'll be done with it..   guess I'm a little sceptical after being on here for 4 and a half years...

over the past years I/we've gone through several of these phases where things need to be explained again..

participants come and go..

the things you wanna implement all depend on people actually doing it..  every single time.. and like all humans they forget and make mistakes.. or move on.

If you guys wanna make a post saying "this was the last beat that was on time" fine.. 

but if you make it another fixed  thing..  where, if someone forgets to do it, everything goes awry.. then what's the use?

No... as I said the post could be done by everyone for example hungryman who maybe is willing to wait 5 minutes before shutting down the computer or Detrius who has a alarm clock

-  doing this is considered dirty work bro.. believe me if you 'have" to do this every week for a year you'll know what I'm talking about.

the forum is run by its participants.. so it's great you wanna do all the things you feel might benefit the community..

but please just do'em..for the love..   and don't make them into fixed things that'll get forgotten again in time

rules are clear... times are clear.. I made a time notation in my last post to check that.

I just want to make people post their non entries later...

-  when.. thursday?.. so they'd have to sit on their beats for maybe a couple of days?..  and STBBC has to start reposting on thurs and friday?

Read the rules and fineprint..DL the sample.. Flip the sample.. Post your flip on time.. (add late or non-entry) ..Vote on time..  how hard is it really?

unfortunately the Real ST moderators don't really care..  I've messged them the "new" voting system in order to change the Ruleset 3 times.. to no avail.

we can add the labling of late and non entry in the fineprint though..  if people actually read that.

anywho..that's my take on things..

have fun flipping to cool rules and dope samples ya'll !

pz outy.. Joa

19 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

Aight, so let me tell you this and I'll be done with it..   guess I'm a little sceptical after being on here for 4 and a half years...

over the past years I/we've gone through several of these phases where things need to be explained again..

participants come and go..

the things you wanna implement all depend on people actually doing it..  every single time.. and like all humans they forget and make mistakes.. or move on.

If you guys wanna make a post saying "this was the last beat that was on time" fine.. 

but if you make it another fixed  thing..  where, if someone forgets to do it, everything goes awry.. then what's the use?

-  doing this is considered dirty work bro.. believe me if you 'have" to do this every week for a year you'll know what I'm talking about.

the forum is run by its participants.. so it's great you wanna do all the things you feel might benefit the community..

but please just do'em..for the love..   and don't make them into fixed things that'll get forgotten again in time

rules are clear... times are clear.. I made a time notation in my last post to check that.

I just want to make people post their non entries later...

-  when.. thursday?.. so they'd have to sit on their beats for maybe a couple of days?..  and STBBC has to start reposting on thurs and friday?

Read the rules and fineprint..DL the sample.. Flip the sample.. Post your flip on time.. (add late or non-entry) ..Vote on time..  how hard is it really?

unfortunately the Real ST moderators don't really care..  I've messged them the "new" voting system in order to change the Ruleset 3 times.. to no avail.

we can add the labling of late and non entry in the fineprint though..  if people actually read that.

anywho..that's my take on things..

have fun flipping to cool rules and dope samples ya'll !

pz outy.. Joa

Why you are yelling at me ???

I don't want to be the big rule changer or something like that... I am indeed totaly fine with the rules as they are. And I tagged  everyone of my entries accurate.

I just tried to be part of this community and made some suggestions, to the problems per.du has brought up...

But as I am considering myself as the rookie here I just shut up.

As I see in your quote you don't even have considered that I also raised my hand for helping... got it.

Hi everyone,

first entry...kinda nervous. Tried the last round as well, and made the mistake to listen to already posted beats -> confidence at zero instantly. Well, you gotta start eventually I guess.

• Like 1

..yelling?..  maybe I'm a bit cynical after seeing guys picking up responsibillities and then bailing..

or peeps thinking .. this all doesn't concern me...

sorry if you feel yelled at.. wasn't my intention..  or to single you out..  meant in in general

I'm just a bit sceptical and jaded I suppose..   and so is per.du... hence his frustrated post.

I did acknowledge your offer to help though...

"      -  doing this is considered dirty work bro.. believe me if you 'have" to do this every week for a year you'll know what I'm talking about.

but please just do'em..for the love..   and don't make them into fixed things that'll get forgotten again in time   " 

I  seriously appreciate that offer man... just meant that if you're gonna do it... arrange it and do it.. it doesn't have to be a 'rule' 

pz Joa

59 minutes ago, theGuen said:

1 hour ago, theGuen said:

But as I am considering myself as the rookie here I just shut up.

Don't do that, thats a stupid thing to do.
Your Ideas+Input are just as important as anyone else's and I appreciate your Input!

+ ....I don't think Joa meant any offense at all.

But I wanna emphasize his point about keeping the "duties" to a minimum, just like he wrote  -  the more obligation, the more problems we have if it doesn't work. (somebody forgets, moves on e.g...) because there are no (real)consequences and when the love is missing (or time), people tend to give less fucks.

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoaGymshoe said:

..yelling?..  maybe I'm a bit cynical after seeing guys picking up responsibillities and then bailing..

or peeps thinking .. this all doesn't concern me...

sorry if you feel yelled at.. wasn't my intention..  or to single you out..  meant in in general

I'm just a bit sceptical and jaded I suppose..   and so is per.du... hence his frustrated post.

I did acknowledge your offer to help though...

"      -  doing this is considered dirty work bro.. believe me if you 'have" to do this every week for a year you'll know what I'm talking about.

but please just do'em..for the love..   and don't make them into fixed things that'll get forgotten again in time   " 

I  seriously appreciate that offer man... just meant that if you're gonna do it... arrange it and do it.. it doesn't have to be a 'rule' 

pz Joa

1 hour ago, Per.du said:

Don't do that, thats a stupid thing to do.
Your Ideas+Input are just as important as anyone else's and I appreciate your Input!

+ ....I don't think Joa meant any offense at all.

But I wanna emphasize his point about keeping the "duties" to a minimum, just like he wrote  -  the more obligation, the more problems we have if it doesn't work. (somebody forgets, moves on e.g...) because there are no (real)consequences and when the love is missing (or time), people tend to give less fucks.

:)

Ok sorry, 

maybe i got a bit sensitive, cause i got the feeling that you thought i want to make a name for myself on this topic...

So i think i start flipping now... ;)

Cheers,

G.

• Like 1

I liked this sample alot. Let me know wahtcha thinkkkkkkkkk

Yo What's good? Not my track mixing!

So I tried again at mixing my track levels. Hahahaha 

Hopefully this is better, still to much Bass end???

16 hours ago, theGuen said:

Ok sorry, 

maybe i got a bit sensitive, cause i got the feeling that you thought i want to make a name for myself on this topic...

So i think i start flipping now... ;)

Cheers,

G.

no worries man.. we appreciate everyone on here..  all good intentions...  pz

37 minutes ago, MOXATRON said:

Yo What's good? Not my track mixing!

So I tried again at mixing my track levels. Hahahaha 

Hopefully this is better, still to much Bass end???

yow Mox..

I guess all regulations are getting highlighted this week ;)

it's not allowed to upload the same beat which you improve upon twice...

once you submit it's final..

you may however upload the second beat aswell and lable it as non-entry..

that way we can also compare and listen for the progress you made in the mix

pz Joa

..congrats def...

..everything came from the 3 samples..

pz Joa

congrats defmute

heres mine

I'm developing this plugin. When I give Ableton too much to do at a time, I get this spine chilling bit crush effect. Instead of getting disturbed, I chose to just keep it in the loop this time

I used an udu drum wich i got for christmas, my keys as a shaker, my breath, some sounds from a micro korg, dums, the aiiii and one of the samples...

I am not really convinced at the moment... but that it is...

quick jam with basic chops, but a good overall vibe