Sign in to follow this  
slanteyez

STBB #565

STBB #565

cheers for the votes/comments all

giphy.gif

SAMPLE:

http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/7OHpzvez/file.html

no special theme this week,flip this however you can, no outside samples...... everything else (drums/synth/instruments/vocals/fx is allowed)

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 565“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

Edited by slanteyez
  • Like 1

...congrats Slanty!..

for better or for worse, I'm becoming a more relaxed person with different priorities nowadays..

the  posting sample deadline is 2 hours earlier than it got posted ..

and usually  I woulda made sure something was up by then..

but all of you can read the fineprint etc...

so if any of you had a problem with it you coulda posted s'thing yourselves ( for future reference )

this beatbattle is still run by all.. for all

I'm glad Slanty got to post his sample though.

pz Joa

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BLeS24 Pt Deux said:

congrats slant. anyone else get virus / malware alerts just about every time we use zippyshare?

I've never once

2 minutes ago, BLeS24 Pt Deux said:

congrats slant. anyone else get virus / malware alerts just about every time we use zippyshare?

I hear ya; that website is really fishy. I blame all those ads on the website. Just today when I went on to download the sample, a false google chrome tab pop-up asked if I'd allow push notifications which I denied believing it was legit which then opened a new tab to those virus / malware infested sites. I'd say we abandon zippyshare in favor for Google Docs, WeTransfer, or Dropbox which I might add are free and are more secure/safe. Furthermore, does anyone know how zippyshare became the main source of sample sharing for STBB?

13 minutes ago, Unseen Era said:

I hear ya; that website is really fishy. I blame all those ads on the website. Just today when I went on to download the sample, a false google chrome tab pop-up asked if I'd allow push notifications which I denied believing it was legit which then opened a new tab to those virus / malware infested sites. I'd say we abandon zippyshare in favor for Google Docs, WeTransfer, or Dropbox which I might add are free and are more secure/safe. Furthermore, does anyone know how zippyshare became the main source of sample sharing for STBB?

avast actually sounds the alarm on that shit for a threat being blocked 9 times out of 10 on clicking download for me. not sure how zippyshare became the go to, been that way as long as i can remember. some winners have def used other services though, would think mainly comes down to ease of download for all involved.

• Like 1

Maaaaaaan. used the main sample of course...then  layered a bunch of patches I made from my minilogue then played synth bass from a broken toy keyboard I copped. I played it through a guitar amp though and split the signal. The guitar is two tones. One in my large guitar amp  into a 4x12 cab  and the other was my room I recorded by putting my cheap ass zoom h1 in the corner and seeing what happens with a small guyatone amp and my pedalboard....hope yall dig...cheers to a new year....peace from Kanagawa folks..

used some of the organ and a little of the piano from the longer mellow parts. the bass is a combo between a bass hit from the track and a sample off one of my synths. I had recored the sample through my porta-one played at the slowest speed from some "mitape" from the flea market into my mixer. If you listen closely, you can hear me coughing. (i forgot to mute my mic DOH!). everything was rererecorded to tape a full speed into ableton.

Thanks for the sample slanteyez. love hearing new music. and thanks to everyone who listens! 

• Like 2

Congrats Slaneyez. 

The sample is straight up amazing.  Gonna have to check out some more of their work. 

Happy new year beat battlers, and beat battle lurkers. :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BLeS24 Pt Deux said:

avast actually sounds the alarm on that shit for a threat being blocked 9 times out of 10 on clicking download for me. not sure how zippyshare became the go to, been that way as long as i can remember. some winners have def used other services though, would think mainly comes down to ease of download for all involved.

thx @Unseen Era&@BLeS24 for bringing up that topic again!

We can easily change that, and I'd strongly recommend switching to another service - zippy sucks big time (why does everybody keep using it?!?!?!) and it has literally NO advantages in comparison to wetransfer.

i tried to make something. thanks for listening. much love to everyone and have an amazing new year !! you guys are incredible !!

• Like 1

Happy New Year!

My first beat in a while. This one is almost all from the original sample, aside from the initial vocal intro, a couple of kung fu sound effects and some sub-bass from my Volca Kick. I threw everything in my Elektron Digitakt, flipped it, messed around with some filtering, LFOs, and FX in the Elektron. I recommend some headphones or a subwoofer because the Volca Kick is a beast. Seriously, I'm worried about blowing out my speakers or my eardrums when using that little thing. Lol. Recorded into a multitrack. No DAW.

Yo Yo! Happy New Years to y'all! I went a little crazy on this one. If I had more time I'd probably mess with the mix a bit more, but I'm happy with what I came up with. I just messed with a loop and added some drum and some dirty bass. Enjoy!

...Hi online brotherhood of sample flippers...

I wish you and myself a calm year of personal growth and growing understanding..

to find and/or renew the love for yourself and share it..

may funds reach you if you are in need of them.. ..and use your material possesions purposefully to the benefit of that intangible wealth...

let's make some dope music!

pz Joa

On 31-12-2017 at 3:25 PM, Per.du said:

We can easily change that, and I'd strongly recommend switching to another service - zippy sucks big time (why does everybody keep using it?!?!?!) and it has literally NO advantages in comparison to wetransfer.

zippy uploads stay active for 30 day from the last download  *indefinately.. although servers become full every couple of years..*

but we can change the fineprint starting coming week to leave it at the winners' discretion or just change it to wetransfer..

• Like 2

On 31-12-2017 at 2:51 AM, Barton said:

I've never once

Never a problem thanks to AdBlocker - but I would prefer WeTransfer too

• Like 1

Happy new year fam!

My quick one for the week

Those drums! I chopped them up and kept the 60's fidelity with Motown instrumentation. Riffs derived from original organ parts...replayed organ and played Fender Jazz bass. Thanks for the sample!