include the most epic drop you can come up with

xmass  goofy lyrics are aways fun

the sample:

Curtis Mayfield - Other side of town

apart from the perc thing everything else allowed

that means moderate outside sample use too

pz <3/ & understanding.. Joa

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 564“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

omfg...lol...its 8pm here in japan. im going to sleep. no clue wtf ima do on this. but ima sing some shit, gonna bring the 808s out to break some shit too.  xmas music with drops....lol you suck bro.  should be a fun angry process.  no tambs or sleighbells breaks my heart 

6 minutes ago, FatVonFree said:

omfg...lol...its 8pm here in japan. im going to sleep. no clue wtf ima do on this. but ima sing some shit, gonna bring the 808s out to break some shit too.  xmas music with drops....lol you suck bro.  should be a fun angry process.  no tambs or sleighbells breaks my heart 

... heehee :P.. part of the challenge.. any other perc allowed though

..night!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Morti69 said:

what if I pitch a cowbell and it sounds kina like a sleighbell? :unsure:

..I was kinda curious how you guys would create a christmass sound without using that stereotypical sound..

but if you feel an uncontrollable urge.. have at it ! -_- 

rules are Always there to be interprated 

tbh I'm considering jingle jangling big sacks of change as perc ;) 

40 minutes ago, Heavy Drama said:

Sample download link - https://we.tl/S54aRW8H6h

thanks HD!.. ...at work.. I thought there was bound to be a better version out there..
replacing the file in the topic start

Merry Christmas!

Here's mine. I tried to take a different approach, since I kinda had a hard time to create a christmas track without using iconic christmas things! :D Anyway, I present to you: "X-mas in the Outer Rim". I gotta admit, I have the feeling that I made a little more then a "moderate" use of outside samples :huh:

I did not have too much time to spare on the mix and the details, you know guys, holidays are coming.. :)

merry greetings yall

""nigga had a pair of air Olden Polynice's on""

- the Wu carol 'Dashing'

Polynice could ball tho

alright here goes lol...so i sang, Used my talkbox, played bass and lead guitar and mutilated the shit out of it.  also i used the strings part of the sample but i made this in reaper so i could stretch it out...waaaaay out easier...been a dope year....glad to be a part of this fellers... and felletes 

congrats FVF ,merry chrismass evertybody

• Like 1

pz Joa..

Not happy at all with this beat but well... It's sounding ok. I couldn't turn it into a xmas song at all. I even made a dingo bells with the samples but throw it all away since it wasn't making any sense at all with the song lol. You guys nailed it, congrats <3

Tried to give this one a Christmas feel, but I think it came up short in that department. The very beginning was sampled from a Christmas slasher film though.