Sign in to follow this  
kubes1988

resample methods. what's yours?

I usually put a bunch of loops with the same essence on a bunch of pads then play them live.  then use the "high mid low" but cut out certain ones and add dummie tracks.  to be honest.  I have no set way of doing it.  I try many methods.  but right now i'm stuck in loopin some drums first then layering.  I link multiple gear up and use it as one.  i know you guys have been wanting to know how I get down.  so that's it....what's your guys' methods. 

I'm new to that, but I usually have a major sample that will probably go through the whole song. The sample usually dictates what will fit and the needs of the songs after I got creative with it 'cause the song will still have a lot of gaps. My creative process usually is something like listening to the whole song and chop interesting parts. Then I try to loop the loopable (i already listen to the song with that in mind). After that I try to figure out what are the potential of each loopable part (outro, part a, part b etc) and I put all these in a "song structure" tab on Ableton.

In this structuring part I will try to add the most "out of the song" samples but they are usually percussion, since I rarely smash 2 or 3 songs together.

These days the drum beat is coming after this part, but I'm really unsatisfied with it, since I'm ending with a lot of more of the same drum patters, so, I'm looking to change it.

I like to use this solid base to add my own instrumentation, but after this - the major sample and my want to add me playing something - I don't have any "way to go".

I will try to create - or find - sounds that will fill the voids and then it's done (guitar, bass and synths - rarely samples). I let it rest for a day, come back, EQ, mix, add more and usually call it done.