beatCretin

STBB #561

STBB #561 — Nelson Mandela Collab

Thanks for the votes y'all, dope work from everyone. This week's sample:

Sample: http://www88.zippyshare.com/v/TZ7d85iP/file.html

RULES:

JoaGymshoe has posted reminders about the Nelson Mandela Collab so please try to work with another STBB member. If that doesn't pan out please incorporate Nelson Mandela himself into your beat. 

So, TRY to collab but if you don't/can't, just add some sort of Nelson Mandela related something.

From JoaGymshoe...

This is the time of the year when I remind you of Nelson Mandela's Life..  and passing in 2013  .. 5 Dec..

We've held a collab week every year including and since 2013 in honor of him and his way of Uniting people...

Outside samples/vox/fx and instruments allowed, beat must be based around the provided sample. HAPPY BEATMAKING!

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 561“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: http://www.soundclou.../stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

• Like 1

congrats on the win cuzzo!!! gonna be fun to try and flip this shit lol 

..dope samplematerial Beat C!..

I do hope everyone tries to collab and not take the solo option  ( like last week ;) )

pz Joa

Ok samples are raw! 

But I don't have anyone to collab with .. Anyone interested? 

I want to be part of the STBB family.

Congrats Beatcretin! I really wanted to win this one, I've got an awesome sample set for a future battle that I want to present.

I find digital collaboration to be difficult. It's never worked well for me, I've always been much better collaborating with someone in real life. Any idea about the process of digital collaboration that could make it easier for me?

2 minutes ago, Cru said:

Congrats Beatcretin! I really wanted to win this one, I've got an awesome sample set for a future battle that I want to present.

I find digital collaboration to be difficult. It's never worked well for me, I've always been much better collaborating with someone in real life. Any idea about the process of digital collaboration that could make it easier for me?

I think just make whatever u want to and send the stems to your collab partner for improvising or editing via email i guess  !!!!!;)

1 hour ago, DaDamnDetail said:

Ok samples are raw! 

But I don't have anyone to collab with .. Anyone interested? 

I want to be part of the STBB family.

no tracks on your sc page..  hmm.. I'm a bit hesitant ..  you could be Jacuzisplot reincarnated ;)

54 minutes ago, Cru said:

I've done a lotta collabs //rappin on other' beats but also instrumental collabs... 

in any case I've found that communication is key..  and getting to know the other person can be a cool bonus 

to make things easier you could set a fixed bpm...  and pick same part of the sample so everything is in key

you can also play to eachothers strengths and both do something you're best at...  say one does the bassline coz he's better at it

the other the drums etc..

yeah.. send wavs back and forth...

and try and have fun

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, JoaGymshoe said:

no tracks on your sc page..  hmm.. I'm a bit hesitant ..  you could be Jacuzisplot reincarnated ;)

I've done a lotta collabs //rappin on other' beats but also instrumental collabs... 

in any case I've found that communication is key..  and getting to know the other person can be a cool bonus 

to make things easier you could set a fixed bpm...  and pick same part of the sample so everything is in key

you can also play to eachothers strengths and both do something you're best at...  say one does the bassline coz he's better at it

the other the drums etc..

yeah.. send wavs back and forth...

and try and have fun

Ok say I don't find someone to collab with .. Will my flip not be considered during the voting process? 

Congrats BeatCretin!

15 minutes ago, DaDamnDetail said:

Ok say I don't find someone to collab with .. Will my flip not be considered during the voting process? 

Here's the exception for it to still be included.

3 hours ago, beatCretin said:

If that doesn't pan out please incorporate Nelson Mandela himself into your beat. 

So, TRY to collab but if you don't/can't, just add some sort of Nelson Mandela related something.

Hey here was a quick idea I am putting out there if anyone wants to collaborate. I open to all ideas even dumping this one to start fresh. I start with the 3 loops separate and then all 3 together, I really could careless about the drums in this  so beat people take note. It is just loops so no stems necessary but I could make them if needed. Message me here or on soundcloud. Look forward to some mayhem. Lord this is worse than internet dating.

Peace, Hugh

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Detritus Tabu said:

Hey here was a quick idea I am putting out there if anyone wants to collaborate. I open to all ideas even dumping this one to start fresh. I start with the 3 loops separate and then all 3 together, I really could careless about the drums in this  so beat people take note. It is just loops so no stems necessary but I could make them if needed. Message me here or on soundcloud. Look forward to some mayhem. Lord this is worse than internet dating.

Peace, Hugh

...haha.. internet dating..don't get me started ;)

DL'ed it...

You have yourself a collab!

• Haha 1

I'd love to add to someone's project. I can add guitar, bass and/or vocals. This would be my third year taking part in this collab week, and it would be a sincere pleasure. Send a started track or whatever to otayyo at hotmail dot com and I'll send something back asap! PEACE!

played guitar, played bass, played rhodes...used a sample throughout and another sample on the ending.... added the dudes voice stuff...sang and tracked all the reamps into my tascam portastudio.  fun stuff 

16 hours ago, Barton said:

I'd love to add to someone's project. I can add guitar, bass and/or vocals. This would be my third year taking part in this collab week, and it would be a sincere pleasure. Send a started track or whatever to otayyo at hotmail dot com and I'll send something back asap! PEACE!

Congrats BC!

Barton,  

Do you have anyone to work with on this yet?  I'd be up for a collab if not.

Only thing is I've not started yet and I'm not going to be able to do anything until tomorrow around 18:00 (GMT).

1 hour ago, Soul-Jutsu said:

Do you have anyone to work with on this yet?  I'd be up for a collab if not.

Only thing is I've not started yet and I'm not going to be able to do anything until tomorrow around 18:00 (GMT).

I have one collab planned, but I was a part of two last year, and I'd be thrilled to add to something of yours! send me anything when you can, and I'm sure I can have something back right away.

1 hour ago, Barton said:

I have one collab planned, but I was a part of two last year, and I'd be thrilled to add to something of yours! send me anything when you can, and I'm sure I can have something back right away.

Ok that's dope!

I'll be in touch tomorrow.

Peace!

• Like 1

Anyone up to collaborate? Exchange samples, play drums, play bass, etc. 

As a side note to those considering to collaborate, I primary do boom-bap style of beats.

Also, how will the uploading work since it's collaborative? Will it be an individual track uploaded by one of the two (or more) collaborator(s)? Or is it more of a each person uploads their own track having utilized given elements from their partner?

14 hours ago, SebPmtl said:

So, if someone wants to collaborate, here's what I have so far. I'm a bit stuck as usual, I don't know if it's cheesy or not. This is basic, there's no drum variations.Basic subtractive, cut and paste 4 bars, you could do whatever with it: 

+ ?

4 hours ago, Unseen Era said:

As a side note to those considering to collaborate, I primary do boom-bap style of beats.

Also, how will the uploading work since it's collaborative? Will it be an individual track uploaded by one of the two (or more) collaborator(s)? Or is it more of a each person uploads their own track having utilized given elements from their partner?

...one person uploads the final version

Noob question...

Whats the rule on multiple entries?

My man Barton is working on something else as well as what's cooking over here.

Can he/we have more than one eligible entry?

11 hours ago, Unseen Era said:

I'm up to collaborate if you want too! I cut the sample up in a place i thought sounded dope and arranged it a little bit (see attached sc-track), I think it would sound good with a boom bap beat too it, just write if you would be interested in a collab :)

1 hour ago, Soul-Jutsu said:

Noob question...

Whats the rule on multiple entries?

My man Barton is working on something else as well as what's cooking over here.

Can he/we have more than one eligible entry?

I know on previous collab weeks there have been multiple entries with different collaborators. I don't recall anyone having a problem with it. I vote yes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HUNGRYMAN said:

I know on previous collab weeks there have been multiple entries with different collaborators. I don't recall anyone having a problem with it. I vote yes.

Perfect, thanks man. 

28 minutes ago, HUNGRYMAN said:

yep...

• Like 1

...I like this quiet.. before the storm..

• Like 2

Yoo yoo congrats bro,some interesting funny dope samples hahah I like it,

I collabed with STBB Veteran JonDis again for the Mandela unity theme,the man is sick with the pen and pads

Bout to change the artwork when I get home, can't do it from the SoundCloud app

Peace family

https://m.soundcloud.com/goodfnella/stbb-561-jondis-x-nella-change