Sign in to follow this  
Old_Flowers

overrated rapper list

name the most overrated rappers in hiphop. that are considered dope and real rap but are actually not even that lyrical

Guru, Snoop Dogg, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Onyx, Andre 3000, 

ur out of your damn mind for putting 3k on this list

• Like 1

this thread is going to be entertaining as fuck lmao

How are you going to throw talib kweli and guru on overrated rappers list^_^?!?!  Get the fuck outta here, both of them are super lyrical (RIP Guru) compared to the B.S nowadays in rap/hip hop.

4 hours ago, John said:

How are you going to throw talib kweli and guru on overrated rappers list^_^?!?!  Get the fuck outta here, both of them are super lyrical (RIP Guru) compared to the B.S nowadays in rap/hip hop.

Talib kweli is not lyrical. show me a hot lyrical bar from talib or guru......

On 11/19/2017 at 4:35 PM, Old_Flowers said:

Talib kweli is not lyrical. show me a hot lyrical bar from talib or guru......

Mass appeal, guru goes bar for bar on this track.

I'm not from New York, but this is a recent freestyle with Talib kweli and bootcamp click. Fiyah.

• Like 1

andre 3k isn't overrated I just wished to hear him continue to rap, Kweli is a bit overrated due to his annoying voice at times but his new album is a banger. guru had his moments and had a nice flow but he can be at times. Snoop is overrated but had his spots. Mos Def is a beast but needs the right beats, he tends to pick some terrible ish. onyx is whack imo.

For me Eminiem is overrated, I know he can flow but I never liked his stuff

Kweli is def overrated, Mos Def was always the better of the two. 

I agree with geech, Eminem is technically a good rapper but he's always been corny as fuck to me. This recent anti-trump stuff is funny, dude talks about raping, killing his wife etc, dunno how he's trying to make any sort of case for morality these days.

J Cole and Chance the Rapper are also some recent overrated folks in my mind, I just don't get them much. Chance seems like a cool enough dude though

Snoop's stuff I never really got the appeal of much as well, I don't really like the snoop flow. That said, he seems like a cool dude as well

• Like 1

This might be sacrilege, especially as the production on his last two albums has been incredible, but Kendrick sounds to me like he's just yelling and venting on a whole lot of tracks to the extent that sometimes I can't differentiate between a lot of them. Saw him on some late night show a while back and couldn't work out if I'd heard the track he was performing as it sounded like a lot of other stuff I'd heard of his before.

Just sayin'...

On 11/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, Grifty said:

ur out of your damn mind for putting 3k on this list

I haven't listened to much 3k, but I will say that for years I never saw him on any list on any forum or heard his name come from anyone's mouth as being one of the g.o.a.t.s.. Next thing I know he's top 5 d.o. a. years after he's released the bulk of his work. I like him though. 

Jay-Z, 2pac and Kendrick definitely...also I hate it when people praise Eazy-E when it's MC Ren who should get them props, talk about one of the most underrated ever

8 hours ago, bamajoe said:

Roc Marciano?

naahhhh roc is great imo, it's true that he got that same style all the time but lyrically and flow wise I think he's great

6 hours ago, Jubito said:

Jay-Z, 2pac

First two that came to mind......Biggy is hella overrated also, lyrically great but too much fat in the mouth or something, like deviated septum flow.

9 hours ago, Jubito said:

naahhhh roc is great imo, it's true that he got that same style all the time but lyrically and flow wise I think he's great

I was listening to Reloaded when I posted that. What's supposed to be his best albums? I've only listened to two.