Lonius

STBB #557 - KEYS FROM HEAVEN

STBB #557

Keys From Heaven

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/23zWVZ7A/file.html

RULES:

Outside samples/vox/fx and instruments allowed, beat must be based around the provided sample

HAPPY BEATMAKING!

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 554“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: http://www.soundclou.../stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

• Like 3

..Congrats Lo!

• Like 1

Congrats Lonius!

Ahw man you picked Cory Henry. I am the biggest fan, so if anybody doesn't now his take on Dillas /SV Untitled/Fantastic check it out! One of my alltime favs

Peace d

• Like 1

fun stuff...used my own drums and just the sample... and played a lil guitar later 

• Like 1

Congrats Lonius!
I am appreciating the positive feedback on my tracks! Participating in the Beat Battles has been nice so far, and I'm honored to have the chance to share my musical attempts with you all. Thanks for everything. Here's my submission.

• Like 1

Jammin out this morning in my PJs. Tryin to make good use of that extra "fall-back" hour we got today! Anywayz - used the Cory Henry clip as the foundation (his warm up of steady whole notes)and then jammed out with some live synths (JP-08, Minilogue, TX7). Just a silly little jammie jam

Damn, I wish I could play keys as good as Cory Henry. God knows I can barely construct a simple melody. :lol:

11 hours ago, Unseen Era said:

Damn, I wish I could play keys as good as Cory Henry. God knows I can barely construct a simple melody. :lol:

... Saw Cory live in concert with the funk apostles yesterday... I don't remember anyone (not even Hancock) having so much feeling for the Keys. (in this special occasion a Hammond+Moog).
Anyone having a chance to see this magnificent group - DO SO! 
You WILL shake your ass of. Even if you're one of the cool guys that don't dance ;) (ps: you're not cooler than before by not-dancing!)

Hey Congrats L and loved the performance sample. I recently went through a mid life crisis brought on by Butta Slick's synth work. Long story short, I bought a Korg Poly 800(my first synth) and a DW 8000 off Craigslist at very cool prices but I had to do some serious driving. I love Korg and I used the Arturia plug in of the Arp Odyssey for the bass on this.

Peace, Hugh

• Like 1

Great week so far guys, just so you know all but the organ background synth sound came from the sample this week a lot of sound engineering on this one but the bass from the sample was so good I just grabbed it and slapped it on and the rest is history hope you enjoy plus this is super run-on sentence so peace.