Sign in to follow this  
Lonius

STBB#548 - Flipping Chords!

STBB#548

CHORDS WEEK

http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/z2CSx6ab/file.html

The sample pack lets you create your own jazzy chord progression!

There are 12 piano chord wavs, and also a midi file of the same chords so they can be used on any MIDI instrument

All the chords are in the same key (C Minor) so if you load them all into a sampler you can hit them in any order to create an original song in C, or use them however you like, pitch them up and down etc.. wav number 1 is C minor, and the order goes up from there.. Since they're in the same key, no music theory is needed

For an example: wav 1 followed by wav 2 is Mobb Deep's Give Up The Goods.. you could probably find most songs by messing about (apart from crazier stuff like prog/jazz etc)

All outside instruments and samples allowed, as long as the chords are the main basis of the song in some way (you can use the midi or WAVs or both).. Hopefully I didn't screw up the piano wavs, tried to get the thread out as quick as possible this week - used Reason Pianos with no reverb or effects, sounds OK in my phones (no speakers ATM!)..worst case scenario there is the MIDI:P

3 Min Time Limit

H A P P Y B E A T M A K I N G!

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 547“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

• Like 4

..ye!

Congrats for the win man! had fun with the chords

• Like 1

The dynamics got totally squashed, when I turned up the master-limiter too much, so here's one that's losing the loudness war. 

Loving the chords, Lonius.

congrats lonius,love the rules and samples this week,

here's mine

• Like 1

Thanks for the great rules Lonius, and congrats! Much love to all the STBB beat makers. peace peace/\/\/\/

first time integrating the sp 404 in one of my entries...

pz Joa

Congrats on the win.

Here's my entry. All elements of the track, bar the drums and the few bars of synth at the end are constructed from arpeggiating the chords and layering.