MicESanzMusic

Politics and Current Events

52 minutes ago, Dirty Cyclist said:

have to like his honesty in that statement, but damn, fame gets you to act crazy.

well to be fair he denied it for years calling it rumors until everything blew up lol

super fucked too because, since these two women told people about it, they were ostracized from comedy clubs and shit. they were comedians and, if they were talented, it fucked up their careers. this shit so real. like you just have a dream and then some dude jerks off in front of you for no reason and now you can't get any gigs. that's CRAZY fucked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dirty Cyclist said:

they look like fuck sticks

The "Look Here, Buddy!  I Cut Your Little Branch Down Because It Was ON MY PROPERTY!" Squad

• Like 1

One thing I don't see talk about is why Net Neutrality was necessary because of the government (federal and state) selling itself to these internet companies in the first place and letting them monopolize everything. In a free market we wouldn't need net neutrality, but because of the government backed monopolies we've had to rely on the government enforcing internet protection. It's a shitty situation all around. Normally I wouldn't be in favor of the regulation, but it does become necessary when the government's made sure there is no free market for the internet.

I wonder if/when the monopolies will be broken down like (I believe anyway??) Europe did awhile back. I don't see it ever happening under a Republican, but would not be surprised if Net Neutrality cannot be restored that this would be the next step for at least trying to protect internet freedom. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GC90 said:

One thing I don't see talk about is why Net Neutrality was necessary because of the government (federal and state) selling itself to these internet companies in the first place and letting them monopolize everything. In a free market we wouldn't need net neutrality, but because of the government backed monopolies we've had to rely on the government enforcing internet protection. It's a shitty situation all around. Normally I wouldn't be in favor of the regulation, but it does become necessary when the government's made sure there is no free market for the internet.

I wonder if/when the monopolies will be broken down like (I believe anyway??) Europe did awhile back. I don't see it ever happening under a Republican, but would not be surprised if Net Neutrality cannot be restored that this would be the next step for at least trying to protect internet freedom. 

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/7x4y8a/net-neutrality-fcc-community-networks

• Like 1

On 12/17/2017 at 7:38 PM, Dirty Cyclist said:

An interesting article, I believe the city of Tacoma,WA nearby has sort of tried doing that. I'm seeing that Seattle also tried this as well, but the mayor said there wasn't enough interest (lol). As long as cities can be bought out by Comcast/Verizon/Time-Warner, I dunno how many of these locally owned/public internet companies will have the opportunity to exist. This is why I either wish we had a completely free market (that doesn't exist and won't exist until the federal government breaks down monopolies) or reluctantly supported net neutrality (the 'better' of the two evils).