Earth Blossom

Pasado

Obhimani

15 Minutos

Angel Eyes

St. James Infermary

Victor 13066a

Wakarebanashi nanka

Mixed genres week: Use at least three of the samples to make a beat with two different styles/genres.

Could be Boombap, Trap, House, Ambient, Reggaeton, Jazz, techno, Electronica... whatever, just try and be creative and make both parts HOT FIRE!!

You can make it with some type of breakdown in the middle to seperate the two or you can mix the genres throughout the beat or make a surprise transition, but no matter how you do it Just try to make it work and try to make it sound natural, even though it is maybe outside of your comfort zone.

If you find it hard to use three samples, try some different breakdowns or intro/outro stuff, try to be creative (it shouldn't be to hard with so many samples to pick from, there's over 30 minutes worth of samplematerial...)

Outside melodic samples not allowed, use the ones i provided.
Outside anything else is ok.

No time limit.

1 Entry pr. person

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 545“ in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: https://soundcloud.com/stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, scallyhobgoblin said:

'Outside anything is ok' except for outside samples though surely?

Of course! I kinda figured i provided enough samples but to make it totally clear i edited the post so it says "no outside melodic samples" (like last week!) But samples of drums, fx and stuff is ok and also voicesamples, acapellas and so on.

FatVonFree    75

Here is my track...hope yall dig...this shit was fun as hell cuzzo!!!!  i used 2  of the samples and then of course you know i had to use the blues sample....anyhoo...fast paced hip hop/trip hop then went through Mississippi to Atlanta to the traphouses... 

Per.du    45

Congrats on the win! very nice challenge + dope sampling material ! 

Thx 4 using wetransfer;)

First of Congratulations to Fredson

Well deserved!!!

Here's my Beat:

Looooooved the samples (15 Minutos might just be my new favourite song)

A lot of pitching but I hope I made it work :)

• Like 1

Congrats Fredson!!

Used the Angel eyes and Victor samples.

Genres incorporated are rock and DnB << but I guess you'll notice once listening :D

brwaaaaaaaaaaaap!

EDIT 16/08/2017 18:33 CEST: I didn't read carefully and initially used 2 instead of 3 samples. To comply I have incorporated the third sample find download >>

Barry Studebaker - Pulse of the Maggots (ext.)

Edited by BarryStudebaker
updated version of track
  • Like 1

d3fmut3    48

Hey guys, its been a while, congrats for the win man.

Made a quick one, had fun with the samples

Lonius    15

Congrats! I went with jazzy house and hip hop

The styles are connected with the idea of going from one house party to another and listening to a beat in the car on the way

• Like 1

Scout.    1

I haven't participated in a while but I tried some mixed genres between boom bap/hip hop beat and some drum and bass for this one. Some interesting rules and samples. Hope you all enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/scout-0/stbb-545-transmission

stbb 545.jpg

Scout.    1
1 hour ago, Scout. said:

I haven't participated in a while but I tried some mixed genres between boom bap/hip hop beat and some drum and bass for this one. Some interesting rules and samples. Hope you all enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/scout-0/stbb-545-transmission

stbb 545.jpg

aw shit I didnt see that we needed o use at least 3 samps

Per.du    45

Did not have enough time to finish the mix - heading off to the FM4 Frequency Festival - Vince Staples & Cypress Hill tonight! :3

Worlock    7

Man, this was fun! I think I added a kick for punch near the end but other than that, it was all from the provided samples. Took a little something from all of 'em! :)