maßmatazz

STBB #544 Vote

STBB #544 VOTE

for spam free listening either stay on the forum or...

listen to the submissions here:

the new STBB - Collection account

all tracks will be reposted and added to the weekly playlist by the mods

Use this thread to vote while making sure to effectively utilize:

BIG lettering,

BOLD fontsand/or CRAZY-AsSCOLORS

Voting allowed from 1 posted beat or 5 posts up, having listened to all beats.

Do not vote for yourself!

Must vote in order to be eligeble for the win this week!

VOTE 1st 2nd and 3rd place

Mind the weeks special rules when voting !

Voting ENDS Friday @ Midnight, Pacific Time

To the winner: PLEASE POST NEW SAMPLE AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME

FAQ'S CONCERNING BEAT BATTLE
If you would like to follow the winner's blog, CLICK HERE

First! :D Was a great weak, I was truly astionished by the variance in style and arrangements hits week! Once again, GL everyone, my votes:

1. Kongchain

So the reason I picked you my friend, was because of your unique style. Your submission truly reminded me of music I used to listen to in the past, and that just felt great. Productionwise a banger as well, crisp clean mix, couldn't have made it better. Thank you for this 2-minute journey into my music roots again. Stick with these 808's my guy!

2. CHiLLWiLL1013

Also nostalgia here - I love the Hudson Mohawke style of the track. I could easily imagine a sick future bass banger outta the stems of your track man. If you want, send me them and I'll play around. Dope stuff!

3. WigMaster

Chill vibes, dope transition, great feel. A beat I can easily drink anything to!

• Like 1

1. HUXLAY- very clean chops, nice variation throughout, and that bassline :blink:

2. HOBGOBLINBEATS - groovy chops, heavy drums, dope fx drops give it nice variation as well

3. CASCASSETTE - dope drums and sample choice. Has a nice feel. 

5 minutes ago, Instrmntl Beats said:

Why is my entry not in the playlist? I was the very first contestant to post a beat created with all the samples provided...

Sorry dude, it's on the list now.

Peace!

1. Soundbyjose - The ambience contrasting with the crisp drums sold it for me dude. Nice work

2. Ceeazy - I really dig the offset bounce you have going on as the main theme of the song

3. OLOS - I like the feel you created with the drums. It's something different and fresh

1. Instrmntl - Crazy ass booming sonic mayhem. That second half is extraordinary. BOOM and BAP!!!

2. Donutproducer - That track is just too much fun.

3. Fredson Jacobs - Super cool atmosphere and variation of sound. A+

• Like 1

...Damn.. don't wanna get all negative but I gotta be honest...

this was one of the lesser weeks...I feel most of us underperformed..

the samples,  and the keys they are in mighta contributed.. 

1. Fredson Jacobs .. outstanding production.. everything in tune.. great structure... music!

2. Instrmntl .. really enjoyable listen.. creative

3. Vox Monkey .. clean.. on point.. sweet

Huxlay.. 2n!te

• Like 1

1.2n!te

2.soundbyjose

3.HUXLAY

ceeazy CHiLLWiLL1013 Kongchain :.G.F.NeLLa.: Fredson Jacobs Organi5m JoaGymshoe

• Like 1

1. Levi Tretschinken

2. HUXLAY

3. 2nite

• Like 2

I just wanna say that I, for one, really liked the sample selection even though I kinda made mud out of them. I had a hard time finding parts of the Alicia sample to be excited about -- maybe I just don't deal with vocal chops well -- but that Kitaro sample, in particular, was cool as shit.

17 hours ago, JoaGymshoe said:

...Damn.. don't wanna get all negative but I gotta be honest...

this was one of the lesser weeks...I feel most of us underperformed..

the samples,  and the keys they are in mighta contributed.. 

1. Fredson Jacobs .. outstanding production.. everything in tune.. great structure... music!

2. Instrmntl .. really enjoyable listen.. creative

3. Vox Monkey .. clean.. on point.. sweet

Huxlay.. 2n!te

I'd really appreciate to know if anything in my track (or anyone else's) was out of tune. I've been trying to be more mindful of that and I know I played around with the pitch of the sparkly shit in the background of the 2nd half of mine and couldn't decide if it helped or not. I may have a poor ear for that kind of thing. My alias is not arbitrary. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. donutproducer / mazmatazz - tough drums. shuffle. bounce. whimsical chops

2. fredson jacobs

3. hobgoblin beats

2n!te

david langenbacher

lonius

thanks joa for the heads up. gotta remember to bring the best and not just slap something together and submit it 'just because'. don't want outsiders coming by and thinking we're wack. the average listener doesn't know what the challenges or restrictions were--only if the end result is banging or not

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Worlock said:

I'd really appreciate to know if anything in my track (or anyone else's) was out of tune. I've been trying to be more mindful of that and I know I played around with the pitch of the sparkly shit in the background of the 2nd half of mine and couldn't decide if it helped or not. I may have a poor ear for that kind of thing. My alias is not arbitrary. :)

hmm..  haha.. the more often I listen to your track the less pitchy it seems to sound... 
when I first listened the guitar(?) pluck seemed off.. and the vocals somewhatt too...

now theres all sorts of intended discordance in music... and  I'm no expert..

if I try I can find the key of stuff and choose the right notes to go with it etc...

but I usually go by ear too..

okay.. call me erhday of the week Gym J. ;)

1 hour ago, The Wig Master said:

for the heads up. gotta remember to bring the best and not just slap something together and submit it 'just because'. don't want outsiders coming by and thinking we're wack. the average listener doesn't know what the challenges or restrictions were--only if the end result is banging or not

..for a second when I started reading your post I thought you might be meaning it cynically.. but by the end I was guessing you are not...

I dont know.. when I heard the samples I was like,  'uh oh...  I'd be surprised if a lotta dope stuff came from this..." 
experience maybe.. the combination of sounds, styles, keys...(?)

I agree with you Wig.. on the other hand.. it's also about having fun and sharing it with our peers  right?

that's why I did decide to post my beat.. coz I  feel it deserved that after having put the work in..

anyway..  next week's already almost there..

onwards and upwards!

1. Weekend Worlock

2. Vox MoNkey

3. levi tretschinken

• Like 1

1) Vox Monkey (simply the best use of Alicia and the samples)

2) Lonius (again letting Alicia shine)

3)Wigmaster (Something really struck me about this track. Can't put my finger on it.)

Yeah well some weeks the waves aren't there but I enjoyed it. Can't blame the samples or rules cause some guys here could make fire with a pencil and a coke can. Shout outs to Ogi, Trets, David L, Kong, 2n!te, Fredson J,Weekend Warlock,JOA,sound by Jose.

1) Fredson Jacob (sucker for this kind of beats, reminds me of some of the adventure club or jakwob stuff)

2) Kongchain (dopeness, diggin this style!)

3) Donutproducer (j-zone powerrrrr!!!!)

1. Fredson - not my usual style but this was dope, some real nice drops and synth work

2. Joa - kept me interested with the effects and of key loose drums - had real bounce

3. huxlay - heavy hip hop banger - my ish!

• Like 1

1: 2N!TƎ

2: Lonius

3: ceeazy

Other dope beats i was diggin:

Instrmntl

JoaGymshoe

DonutProducer

HUXLAY

Hobgoblinbeats

:.G.F.NeLLa.:

soundbyjose

Detritus Tabu3

Kongchain

David Langenbacher

Vox MoNkey 

Propably forgot a couple but i tried to leave some feedback on most of the beats...

Kinda agree that it was a tough round, but i really liked the challenge... It was kind of tough to figure out how to use the acapella, but on the other hand there was no limits as far as synths, drums and so on, so i think there was alot to work with!

• Like 2

1-Hobgoblin

2-Olos

3- Amuseity- Love how you used those vocals

7 hours ago, H.U.X.L.A.Y said:

1. Weekend Worlock

2. Vox MoNkey

3. levi tretschinken

7 hours ago, Detritus Tabu said:

1) Vox Monkey (simply the best use of Alicia and the samples)

2) Lonius (again letting Alicia shine)

3)Wigmaster (Something really struck me about this track. Can't put my finger on it.)

Yeah well some weeks the waves aren't there but I enjoyed it. Can't blame the samples or rules cause some guys here could make fire with a pencil and a coke can. Shout outs to Ogi, Trets, David L, Kong, 2n!te, Fredson J,Weekend Warlock,JOA,sound by Jose.

OH SHIT! Thanks, peeps!

7 hours ago, JoaGymshoe said:

hmm..  haha.. the more often I listen to your track the less pitchy it seems to sound... 
when I first listened the guitar(?) pluck seemed off.. and the vocals somewhatt too...

now theres all sorts of intended discordance in music... and  I'm no expert..

if I try I can find the key of stuff and choose the right notes to go with it etc...

but I usually go by ear too..

okay.. call me erhday of the week Gym J. ;)

So ... you're saying it's ALL out of tune?!  :/  

haha

Yo! Some Heavy Flips plenty of work and fire from people.

Mad love and Respect to all.
Peace.

1 - JoaGymshoe

2 - Kongchain

3 - Donut Producer

Shouts:

Fredson Jacobs, Ceeazy, Detritus Tabu,David Lagenbacher, ChillWill, Huxlay, Bigfamily, Cascasette

Thanks for the votes, comments and likes. Much Love everybody.

6 hours ago, Worlock said:

So ... you're saying it's ALL out of tune?!  :/  

haha

..I can't really tell ya bro.. there's all sortsa intended ways to combine certain notes..   out of key but in tune/ outof tune but in the right key...

a musician told me all this stuff and I struggle to comprehend sometimes...

I tried to tune samples to 440 hz for a while..  to be able to combine them freely.. or tune them to compatible keys..which have notes that work together

I've stopped doing that..but it did train my ears to hear..

here's something to read.. skip the conspiracy part :P

pz Joa

oh, read the conversation Huxlay and i had on his track..  might shed some light on matters (?)

https://jakubmarian.com/the-432-hz-vs-440-hz-conspiracy-theory/

Congrats Frrrrrrreddy! J.