Sign in to follow this  
Unseen Era

Remixes vs. Original

Remixes, love em or hate em, they give preexisting songs a new sound, and in some cases, they sound better than the original! This thread is dedicated to comparing original tracks and their corresponding remixes. Analyze, discuss, and debate which version is superior. Post any remixes and the original version of the track when discussing. And remember, each version is great in their own right.

A few months back, I had purchased a vinyl copy of Madlib's Madlib Remixes 2: 1980s Saturday Morning Edition, and from the list of remixes, the one that caught my ear the most was "Put Ya Hands Up" which is a remix of Jadakiss's track of the same name from the Kiss Tha Game Goodbye album. I had heard the remix first, and I had been listening to it for weeks, so after awhile, I decided to look up the original track, and frankly, I didn't like it at all. It did grow on me after a few more listens, but not as much as the remix. The original sounds odd to me; Jadakiss's delivery is great, but the beat doesn't do him justice, especially during the chorus (I don't really feel like putting my hands up at all). The remix has more substance and character to it. The same can be said of another Madlib remix, from the same album, titled "Game" which is a remix of the third verse of Jadakiss's "Put Ya Hands Up" (I couldn't find the "Game" track on YouTube).

yeah man, madlib dominates the art of remix, pretty much every single one he made its straight inferno.

Btw I love those knx remix vibes, i dont know if it's better, but it's undeniable its got too much flavor, check it.