GTAsoldier

Washed Out

Really surprised to know that Washed Out has signed to ST. I loved his "Within & Without" LP. Here's his latest video.

• Like 1

Was a nice surprise. I got 2, Washed Out albums. As excited as I am for this, i'm more excited for that Stimulator Jones release.

Great news, been loving this guy's stuff since Life Of Leisure. Saw him live few years ago and they put on a good show, was expecting effects on his vocals though, so it was weird to hear the songs with his voice unprocessed. A couple months ago I was wondering if he was ever going to put anything new out, and I'm kinda digging the direction he's going with this.... I figured he wasn't going to put out a Within and Without Pt 3. Can't wait to cop the album, I hope it does well.

i love that music video -- very well done.  reminds me of Frank Film

• Like 2

Gave this a listen tonight, I'm digging it. Went ahead and put an order in for the CD/DVD, video album is pretty neat

giving it a listen right now, and digging it.  visuals are very, very cool.  wasn't familiar w/ WO before this release; gonna have to familiarize gmyself w/ his (their?) catalog.  definitely open to recommendations … 

"Time Off" and "Hard to Say Goodbye" are early favorites of mine.

Only thing I know is the Portlandia opening song lol

The Portlandia joint is an instro of "Feel It All Around" from Life of Leisure, I actually prefer the vocal cut on the album. 

• Like 1

Here's a first-time thing for us:  We made 120 copies of Mister Mellow test presses, and we have 100 of them up in the shop.  We wanted to make this interesting, so Ernest signed each one, we made a custom sleeve, and stamp-numbered each one.  

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/album/washedout/mister-mellow-test-press

washed-out-mister-mellow-test-press-slee

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ST Bot said:

Here's a first-time thing for us:  We made 120 copies of Mister Mellow test presses, and we have 100 of them up in the shop.  We wanted to make this interesting, so Ernest signed each one, we made a custom sleeve, and stamp-numbered each one.  

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/album/washedout/mister-mellow-test-press

washed-out-mister-mellow-test-press-slee

Dang these went fast

MAN!! I've been seriously obsessed with this album since it dropped. Listen to the whole thing multiple times a day,  Haha. I had never heard of Washed Out before (found out they used his song for Portlandia. Aways really liked that song when watching)

But, saw a Stones Throw email and the cover looked interesting.  Had no clue what to expect. But as soon as Burn Out Blues started I was hooked. My favorite by far and in my opinion way to short because I love it so much is I've Been Daydreaming My Entire Life. 

Checked out Washed Outs previous albums and enjoyed those as well. 

Man this is probably one of my favorites of the year so far, my official going to sleep music. The intro always gets me. Was weird Washed Out is on ST now but I def wouldn't have had this on my radar without it being put out through the label

• Like 1

just saw him perform with his band last night in Denver -- probably my most enjoyable concert of the year, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

what i really appreciate about him is that he strives to perform the tracks differently live rather than just give you the studio recording over some huge speakers.  heard a super slowed down version of "Feel It All Around" at some point, a sped up version of "Get Up" with a completely different take on the vocals and lyrics, and then throughout the show he left enough room in each track for his accompanying musicians to improvise a little...which is extremely refreshing to see in this scene.

• Like 1