STBB 530 VOTE

for spam free listening either stay on the forum or...

LISTEN TO ALL SUBMISSIONS HERE

the STBB - Collection account

all tracks will be re-posted and added to the weekly playlist by the STBBC mods

Use this thread to vote while making sure to effectively utilize:

BIG lettering,

BOLD fonts, and/or

CRAZY-AsSCOLORS

Voting allowed from 1 posted beat or 5 posts up, having listened to all beats.

Do not vote for yourself!

Must vote in order to be eligeble for the win this week!

One Vote for your favourite track!

Mind the weeks special rules when voting!

Voting ENDS Friday @ Midnight, Pacific Time

To the winner: PLEASE POST NEW SAMPLE AND RULES BY NOON ON SATURDAY, PACIFIC TIME

FAQ'S CONCERNING BEAT BATTLE
If you would like to follow the winner's blog, CLICK HERE

1)ELANVITAL.......Jesus Christ 

2)TZU Jan  ONE HUNDRED PERCENT JUST HOLY SHIT BRUHH....

3)Ogi Feel The Beat 

theDGTL 

Barry Studebaker 

1: ELANVITAL

2: Kris van Huystee

3: theDGTL

Soul Jutsu, DonutProducer, Prof.Ede, [KappNeffect], tzu jan

Yow beat bros.

The mods have had a talk about the goings on on the forum

and have come to the conclusion that the new voting system is too laborious and impractical for us to manage.

it was cool, but we're reverting to the way that has been going for the last 10 years.

pick a winner only, of course you can still list your top threes or top tens etc. as you please.

Also we wanna encourage you all to feel free to -add up the votes

-start the vote thread ( copying the fixed text obviously )

and -point out stuff you see needs pointing out

This forum has always been run by the participants.

the STBBCollection and the forum are two different entities. we are mods of STBBC ..and longstanding members of STBB/STMB.

on here we we can can offer our insight and experience.. but we want the forum to run somewhat more autonimously.

that's it,  if you have questions, ask'em

pz Joa

moderators are in the profile description of  stbbcollection

• Like 4

Word. I'll vote 1st 2nd and 3rd in this thread just because that's already been going for the last few votes but good to know.

It was a good experiment, glad we gave it a shot.

1. KappNeffect

2. RAS-H

3. 2 n i t e

4 hours ago, JoaGymshoe said:

pick a winner only, of course you can still list your top threes or top tens etc. as you please.

Starting next week I guess - since the voting was already open?

It's a shame that the trial run for the new system ended so soon :(

2 hours ago, Per.du said:

no.. starting this week..

1. tzu-jan

2. elanvital

3. ras-h

well done ya'll

9 hours ago, Per.du said:

I agree. I thought the top 3 voting system was MUCH better personally. Brought just a little needed structure into it, and meant that cats who didn't win but collected 2nd/3rd votes had something tangible to gauge themselves by. 

I get that the forum is supposed to kinda run itself, but I feel the vote is one thing that does need a little independent structure and moderation. Maybe thats not a popular view though.

But hey - good while it lasted, I guess

• Like 3

1. Syncope - Thick production, great synths, loved it

2. Kris Van Huystee - Somehow managed to find the funk in this all. Props!

3. David Langenbacher - The electric guitar brought a unique dark vibe which stood out nicely

Props to all who took part

2 hours ago, Mink said:

I agree. I thought the top 3 voting system was MUCH better personally. Brought just a little needed structure into it, and meant that cats who didn't win but collected 2nd/3rd votes had something tangible to gauge themselves by. 

I get that the forum is supposed to kinda run itself,

The 123 system had some benefits but made for a more complicated and time consuming counting process. 

The community is supposed to run itself but not many people step up to do the count or start the vote, or call people out on the rules etc... 

The system we're reverting to can be done by anyone on a Saturday morning or Friday night and get right with ease. Takes the strain off the 2 or 3 people that ever do it and makes it more accessible for others to pick up the torch and run with it. 

Even still, I agree. Nice change while it lasted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mink said:

cats who didn't win but collected 2nd/3rd votes had something tangible to gauge themselves by. 

I think we can keep that benefit of the voting system by naming  1st 2nd and 3rd place votes when voting

shall we keep that going?

• Like 3

I also enjoyed the 1st, 2nd, 3rd voting system despite my not thinking I would at first, but I understand why it made things harder.

I saw somebody posted the Excel Sheet/Google Doc they had done the tallying on in a previous thread which looked like a simple enough way of handling it.

If it came down to not enough volunteers I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in to keep the system going. Can't promise I'd be able to do it ALL the time but one more person helping out would make things easier I'm sure

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Supafly Arturro said:

but one more person helping out would make things easier I'm sure

I'm in. Stayed away from it till now bc the deadline is saturday 8AM here :wacko:

yellow5ive

Shout outs:

Tzu Jan

Soul Jutsu

FatVonFree

DetritusTabu3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supafly Arturro said:

I also enjoyed the 1st, 2nd, 3rd voting system despite my not thinking I would at first, but I understand why it made things harder.

I saw somebody posted the Excel Sheet/Google Doc they had done the tallying on in a previous thread which looked like a simple enough way of handling it.

If it came down to not enough volunteers I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in to keep the system going. Can't promise I'd be able to do it ALL the time but one more person helping out would make things easier I'm sure

1 hour ago, Per.du said:

I'm in. Stayed away from it till now bc the deadline is saturday 8AM here :wacko:

Yeah,

5XVT created a really great spreadsheet for counting the votes and organising entrants into position.  It worked really well.  But It still meant either tracking the vote from Thursday through to Saturday or a lot of data entry in one go at deadline time.   

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd system triples the time taken to count and time is precious.  

It's great to hear you guys saying that you would get involved in that part of the process, and I'm as guilty as any for not being consistent in counting, it's easy to leave it to others.  

We ran a poll to trial the system but 5XVT has been the only one to consistently count the vote since it started.  

I honestly think that those that are going to be bothered to do the counting should carry more weight in their opinion on this topic, but maybe we should discuss it further.    

5 minutes ago, Soul-Jutsu said:

I honestly think that those that are going to be bothered to do the counting should carry more weight in their opinion on this topic, but maybe we should discuss it further.    

Of course those who have put in more work should have  a little more weight.... but switching back in the middle of the voting is just not the right move imo.
I'd  be glad if we could discuss this further and not just forget about it. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Per.du said:

Of course those who have put in more work should have  a little more weight.... but switching back in the middle of the voting is just not the right move imo.
I'd  be glad if we could discuss this further and not just forget about it. :)

Yeah, I hear that about in the middle of a vote.  ^_^

I'm a bit concerned that this is already taking over this voting thread, It should probably move over to the FAQ.  

• Like 1

Elan Vital

Rash-h

Sam knockz!

Rustee Frequency

Soul-Jutsu

• Like 1

Elanvital did it for me this week, amazing flip!