FatVonFree

STBB 530 PORTISHEAD TRIBUTE

STBB 530 

giphy.gif

Portishead Tribute

giphy.gif

Thank you for the votes folks...now....

I searched back through forum and the results were what i expected.  Folks commenting how "oh man this reminds me of Portishead", or "aw man

this Def has a Portishead vibe"....so lets get it crackin'

RULES

1) THERE ARE 4 SAMPLES...YOU HAVE TO USE THE SAMPLE LABELED "MY GUITAR AND BASS" THEN YOU NEED TO PICK 

SAMPLE A, B OR C....USE THOSE SAMPLE TO MAKE 1 BEAT...NOT A BEAT SUITE...1 BEAT.....

to clarify....the sample labeled MY GUITAR & BASS MUST BE USED...then you have to pick JUST ONE  of the samples labeled A,B or C

(the sample i provided is a sound design i have been working on...its mangled and trippy)

2) Outside DRUMS and INSTRUMENTS  allowed 

3) 3 Minute Time limit

4) only FEMALE VOCALS ALLOWED THIS WEEK IF IT IS A FULL ACAPELLA...

5) NO OUTSIDE SAMPLES

(my entry will be a non entry this week since i am providing a sample)

THE SAMPLES

MY GUITAR AND BASS MANGLING

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/hudjypV4/file.html

SAMPLE A 

http://www84.zippyshare.com/v/4HYXAx0s/file.html

SAMPLE B 

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/EDyvPFOY/file.html

SAMPLE C 

http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/niSVyY36/file.html

FINNNNNNNEEEEE PRINT.....

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 530" in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: http://www.soundclou.../stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.c

• Like 3

YOU CANT PREVIEW THE FIRST SAMPLE IN ZIPPYSHARE BUT IT WILLLL DOWNLOAD AND WORK!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Supafly Arturro said:

So just to be clear, are you saying if I pick Sample A, I cannot use Samples B or C?

correct man..you can only use one of the samples labeled A, B, C...then combine it with the required sample to make one  beat....thanks for asking i will edit the post to make sure folks know also!!! 

Congrats Fat! A few questions -If i choose to use sample A but it is before 2:00 pm on Sunday can I use sample C also or do i have to use sample B because of alphabetical order? Also- can I use outside samples if i am working in an outdoor environment? If that is allowed what if i come back inside to finish the track would that negate my being able to use the outside sample? Also will i be able to use my track for a chili cook-off I am planning even if the cook-off is planned to occur during the vernal equinox and all the participants are right handed. Excited to get started once I am clear on the rules. if you could  fax me a hand printed(no cursive) reply to these questions that would be great.

• Like 7

Couldn't find the slide in this damn place so I just used the harp :lol:

• Like 2

Congrats on the win!

Congrats on the win!! Started with sample C but turned back to sample B as those violins in there are hypnotizing! For the bassline used the one provided.

p.s. hope to be submitting entries on more regularly from here on out :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Detritus Tabu said:

Congrats Fat! A few questions -If i choose to use sample A but it is before 2:00 pm on Sunday can I use sample C also or do i have to use sample B because of alphabetical order? Also- can I use outside samples if i am working in an outdoor environment? If that is allowed what if i come back inside to finish the track would that negate my being able to use the outside sample? Also will i be able to use my track for a chili cook-off I am planning even if the cook-off is planned to occur during the vernal equinox and all the participants are right handed. Excited to get started once I am clear on the rules. if you could  fax me a hand printed(no cursive) reply to these questions that would be great.

I love this community. Lol man you are a crackhead hahah. Man this had me laughing so dang hard!!!! Fax a hand printed  reply no cursive. Man you silly!!!!. 

• Like 1

YOOOO glad folks are diggin the challenge so far..i went non entry cause i think it would be weird to enter if i provided a sample of me playing and made it mandatory..anyhoo i stuck to the rules...used my sample for the drone bass and then i used sample B...this was fun...i ran the mix into my Victor KD-65SA tape deck and man it distorted it beautifully and also had some dropouts in there...freaking loved it!!!! so much fun guys!!! i have a feeling this is going to be an epic playlist!!! i hope you could still add mine to the playlist even if it says non entry anyhoo glad to be a part fellers!!! 

• Like 1

Found it difficult to make something interesting with drone samples. I used sample C and played keys and bass. 

Congrats on the win FatVonFree that/those beat(s) was/were dope. 

5 minutes ago, dgtlbeats said:

Hi,

dumb question, but can i sing on this? im a dude.

Who do you asking?

Just now, Prof.Ede said:

Who do you asking?

I guess I should be more specific lol. For my entry, I put some vox on there that arent lead vocals, and might throw some chopped vocals in there for the hook.

1 minute ago, dgtlbeats said:

I guess I should be more specific lol. For my entry, I put some vox on there that arent lead vocals, and might throw some chopped vocals in there for the hook.

I dont know. Rule 5 says "no outside samples"

LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS
YOU ALWAYS KEEPING ME FRESH AS FRESH AIR

THIS ONE I MADE WITH WINNER SAMPLE. CONGRATS AND GREAT SAMPLE

I PLAYED SOME INSTRUMENT I MADE AS HOOK.IF THIS NOT PASS, I WILL CHANGE NAME INTO NON ENTRZ
BUT ENJOY
LOVE TRIP HOP BROTHERS!

used my own vox. outside bass, drum kit. used the guitar sample for percussions and went sample AYEEEEE.

mc lyte aca taken from cold rock a party

congrats FVF.kanagawa! dope bass and noise bro.

9 hours ago, Ogi feel the Beat said:

LOVE ALL OF YOU GUYS
YOU ALWAYS KEEPING ME FRESH AS FRESH AIR

THIS ONE I MADE WITH WINNER SAMPLE. CONGRATS AND GREAT SAMPLE

I PLAYED SOME INSTRUMENT I MADE AS HOOK.IF THIS NOT PASS, I WILL CHANGE NAME INTO NON ENTRZ
BUT ENJOY
LOVE TRIP HOP BROTHERS!

Yo Ogi, 

Trying to repost to the playlist but your track isn't showing up here.  

yoooo whatsup,

I never heard of portishead/triphop before this. Really digging those type of vibes Im definetley going to check more out.

that guitar bass sample through the pedals is crazy.I love that fresh iron sound.

I chose sample C here it is:

• Like 1