Sign in to follow this  
GOONIE

Trap Phone

GOONIE    13

I ran into Oscar again (I repeat cool dude) at the Cohenbeats release party and he let me hear a few tracks from the SD card that are still on this phone (before the battery died). I skimmed through since i wanted to get back tot the show, but I listened to some unreleased Madvillan verses I never heard, Supreme Team beats that I can only recall from a private event, and PBW Breaks Remixes featuring Funkaho to name a few.

I don't want to be the one to own this since It needs to be shared. I'm sure you can find a charger at a thrift store.   

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/accessories/stones-throw/trap-phone

• Like 1

GC90    944

No idea what this is but I have it on the way.

James Frank.    1,306

i rarely buy anything, but somehow i've been convinced to buy this.  don't do me wrong ST

4444    257

Eager to hear you guys report back!

How many of these have they prepared in stock?

edit_sold out

GC90    944

Weird, I notice ST refunded me $10. Wonder if I bought mine too late and they didn't have enough :S 

Grifty    823

ST selling garbage to people and they eating it up. doom must be involved somehow

• Like 5

GC90    944
22 hours ago, Grifty said:

ST selling garbage to people and they eating it up. doom must be involved somehow

lol worth the risk of getting something neat!

• Like 2

Cheel    182

holy shit madlib's phone number is 323?

kind of like 911 but when your emergency is a lack of phat beats?

• Like 1

James Frank.    1,306

some hints just to let us know we're going in the right direction with figuring these out would be helpful.  i'm gonna be so pissed if i actually bought a pointless trap phone with no catch to it

4444    257

Nothing hidden under the back cover or battery? My second guess after audio files would've been a hidden download code.

4444    257

Bummer, well look at it this way then - at least you didn't buy a box of poop.

Maybe some day you'll get a call to the Trap Phone™, so be alert yo.

• Like 1

GC90    944

I talked to PB Wolf, he said MV2 coming out next month

• Like 2

Old_Flowers    20
2 hours ago, GC90 said:

I talked to PB Wolf, he said MV2 coming out next month

I talked to jroc he said there is a j dilla x Lil yachty album coming. But house shoes was crying about it and was being mad at ma dukes

• Like 1

Grifty    823

so did these phones lead to anything cool or did stones throw just sell yall garbage?  next they're gona be selling "quasimoto bricks" and just find some bricks in an alley and sell them for twenty bucks each

• Like 1

James Frank.    1,306
1 hour ago, Grifty said:

so did these phones lead to anything cool or did stones throw just sell yall garbage?  next they're gona be selling "quasimoto bricks" and just find some bricks in an alley and sell them for twenty bucks each

i still haven't opened mine.

James Frank.    1,306

UPDATE: mine won't even turn on.  what the fuck is the point of this?  all practical joking aside, i paid actual money for this -- i assumed there had to be some catch to it, since the original listing was so vague.  i didn't think ST would stoop to literally selling their broken garbage to us...i thought at the very least there would be some clever endgame to this, like a secret track or hotline we could call to hear some unreleased Folerio or something.  now instead i just feel scammed; where's the closure?

Machiventa    103

That's fucked up and funny at the same time. There's gotta be something hidden somewhere though. 

• Like 5

GC90    944

Did you guys ever check the credit card you used to purchase this? I had gotten a refund for the $10 pretty much immediately.

• Like 1

The Kelvis    9
On 6/4/2017 at 11:38 PM, GC90 said:

Did you guys ever check the credit card you used to purchase this? I had gotten a refund for the $10 pretty much immediately.

Samesies.

Oh, and I wuv my Trap Phone.