James Frank.

Kendrick Lamar Fanboys Unite!

yeah, i'm admitting it.  TPAB is the best hip-hop album since Madvilliany.

3813bcd3d4accb7634eea23a2a7ab190.1000x10

I WILL DEBATE YOU

• Like 2

while an incredible album, i believe it belongs in a lower tier than both TPAB and MV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grifty said:

while an incredible album, i believe it belongs in a lower tier than both TPAB and MV

I'm probably the only one thinking this, but even Good to be Home has kind of topped BTH imo as far as Blu's raps go.

If TPAB doesn't make it clear that Kendrick is the best rapper right now, I don't know what will lol. I have no idea how he will top this record, but I suppose I was thinking the same thing after GKMC came out.

• Like 2

these newest singles are intriguing, because clearly he's up to something...

he knows how high expectations are for him now, so i don't understand the people who listen to "Humble" once and think Kendrick just randomly decided to become a trashy, generic meme rapper.  although, that is pretty much the only place he can go now -- how do you top a perfect album?  the only way is to do something so far left of center that it freaks people out and makes them hate you.  so if that's the case, i give Kendrick an A+ in his trolling efforts

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 0:16 PM, James Frank. said:

how do you top a perfect album?  the only way is to do something so far left of center that it freaks people out and makes them hate you

sounds like an inadvertent description of Yeezus, lol

1 hour ago, OfficeTime8889 said:

sounds like an inadvertent description of Yeezus, lol

exactly!  that's my prediction for this album

• Like 1

16 hours ago, James Frank. said:

exactly!  that's my prediction for this album

honestly, I think you're onto something here … we'll have to wait and see if K. Dot's next is consistent with your theory.  to me it's only a matter of degree.  i'm not expecting something especially different, but I think you're exactly right: he's 10 projects deep into his career –– WOW –– and a different angle, something that would stimulate his listeners differently, might be the best call 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 7:25 PM, GC90 said:

I'm probably the only one thinking this, but even Good to be Home has kind of topped BTH imo as far as Blu's raps go.

If the beats were mixed and mastered properly I think Good to be Home would have been a properly great project.

As far as best album since Madvillainy, personally Piñata has had more staying power for me than TPAB, but tbh when the projects are that good it's all just up to taste and semantics. I'm keen to see what the new project will sound like but I really haven't been digging the singles so far... I feel like TPAB was already his big risk-taking project so like everyone's already said it'll be interesting to see where he goes now

• Like 2

i deleted my post from yesterday because it was just a retarded, long-winded theory that turned out to be wrong...and i already have plenty of that elsewhere on the internet.

TL;DR i like the new single.  can't wait for Friday, hoping it leaks sooner.

[c'mon Russia!]

Looking forward to hear the new album. The single didn't get a grip on me but I hope it will in a bigger picture

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yullie45 said:

Looking forward to hear the new album. The single didn't get a grip on me but I hope it will in a bigger picture

I remember feeling some angst after hearing "i" –– the first single off TPAB … but it all made sense in the end.  I say that to say that I agree w/ ya, but it'll be important to see where/how it fits into the mold & concept of this project

well apparently we got until tomorrow to get our shit together

• Like 1

Man the features have me nervous, both of them suck. Fingers crossed on this one

there's also a shit-load of uncredited features nobody's really talking about.

james blake chief amongst them.  i'm a huge JB fanboi

The U2 feature is over a mike will made it beat apparently, so that should be interesting to see. Hopefully it is minimized in the background lol

Just hope this isn't going in the stupid direction ASAP Rocky and Ferg went into on their last records, bunch of random pop people just bringing stuff down. 

Not even close to TPAB of course or even GKMC imo, but I think it was a smart way to go about a new album after something as monumental as his last record. Fear with the alchemist beat is fantastic, def my highlight. U2 not so bad! Very subtle. Rihanna I could do without of course, but guess they will need a radio single. I listened to this while working out over speakers, so will be giving it a proper listen tomorrow when I pick up the CD.

lol @ this I saw on Reddit:

UqfE4di.jpg

i think it's crazy how people jump so quickly to conclusions after a first reaction.  like holy shit, let yourself digest the album a couple days at least before giving an opinion...i'm listening to it right now from start to finish -- i scrambled this morning at my girls' to try and listen on Spotify but my 4G connection is shit and it would only let me shuffle.

so far, i like it.  "Humble" sounds like it's been re-recorded for the album version?  i wonder why

this is a classic IMO I think its better than TPAB for some reason .... maybe im trippin and need to re listen... but that momma track will never be topped knx put his soul into that track ill never get tired of that. Im a believer in K.dot

ok I overreacted still a good album, I just played TPAB out

i think this is the best thing Kendrick could've possibly done moving forward.  i love that it sounds so different from his previous releases, it's just such a strange oft-kilter project -- even the album artwork matches the mood of this album perfectly.  i keep reading rumors that there might be a surprise release on Sunday with a SECOND album????

• Like 1

yeah I hear he will die 3 days and then release another like jeezus, I agree JF he did his thang on this one that art cover fits it well

• Like 1

Dude if the conspiracy is true that this is a double album, I think it will be just as monumental as TPAB but in a different way.

Listened to this like 5 times today, I'd highly recommend this with headphones lol. Fear is an incredible song, I feel legitimately emotional/sad after that one as I can feel a lot of what he is saying, particularly his thoughts on money. The last track of the album is very good too, crazy story of how that all worked out.

Is there any rapper dead or alive better than Kendrick at this point? Easily the best one at it now, but to me it's just reinforcing he'll probably go down as the best ever. To have album after album of this kind of quality, it is pretty incredible. Happy to be around for all his music. 

• Like 1