HEY GUYZ ! THANKS FOR UR VOTE BROOS !

Rules 4 the new week : 

outside samples allowed,

NO SYNTH BASS , ONLY CONTRABASS or Bass Guitar

outside fx allowed

more psychedelic things please !

samples : http://www100.zippyshare.com/v/rKmS4ZqB/file.html

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 524" in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: http://www.soundclou.../stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

tumblr_nda7efZSOO1qz736so3_400.gif

• Like 3

Congrats on the win Setta!

So we had a little discussion about updating the voting process here and from that we decided to give it a test run, starting this week. So lets give it a go!

In short, everyone gets 3 votes to assign for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. 

These will be given 5 points, 3 points and 1 point respectively.

You can still use colours and fonts but please list the votes in order:

1st Place:

2nd Place:

3rd: Place

Theme, Production and Style comments on your votes are encouraged for feedback purposes.

Shoutouts can still be made but please keep them below your vote.

If somebody only votes for a 1st place (and not a 2nd & 3rd), we will try and chase up the extra votes but if we don’t hear back then unfortunately this vote would be disallowed to keep things fair.

• Like 10

Ok so I took the keys from one of the samples and the bassline is just those keys pitched down a lot and compressed. The keys sounded like the ones from Fall in Love so I themed it around that and used it for cuts.

No synth bass!? Good thing I love playing bass... Did the drums and guitar too. 

Hey All, Cool with the 123 thing. It is always hard just giving one vote but this is a battle so only one can emerge victorious. This may actually prevent ties but ties were pretty good cause you get more to play with and some funky rules. What i am saying is i don't know shit but that Trump is cray cray.

Peace, Hugh

I reversed the first sample in the folder given.  Added Live Guitars.  One playing just a single note and the other one a lead part.  Delay Throws, Reverb, DOWNTEMPO! Looking forward to listening to entries. 

I used to be in a rapcrew called Organiseret Riminalitet. For this track, I chopped some vocals and the talkbox from our minor danish hit single "Hvis Jeg Var min kæreste". That was hella fun! 

The bass is a sampled one since I don't own a bass and can't play. I hope it qualifies. 

On 18-3-2017 at 0:20 PM, #Setta said:

HEY GUYZ ! 

hey Setta..

please include:  STBB 524   and the fineprint in the topic start.. like this:

The Fine Print:

Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 524" in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. Try to leave as much feedback as you can and you will receive it back.

For easy browsing's sake, you can also go to the STBB page: http://www.soundclou.../stbbcollection

EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time

Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com

thanks Joa

Here's my entry. Don't have a bass to play so used a sample - hope thats okay

Hope you guys like it! It´s the first time i participate in the stbb´s.

this collab my friends.. has been in the pipeline for quite some time..

we finally managed to pull it off..  and how!..  ultradope music S-J !

enjoy..

pz Joa

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoaGymshoe said:

we finally managed to pull it off..  and how!..  ultradope music S-J !

Pleasure to work with you Joa.  Great contribution to the process and I'm not just talking bars.  Much respect.  

• Like 1

On 19-3-2017 at 7:47 AM, Ephex said:
 used to be in a rapcrew called Organiseret Riminalitet. For this track, I chopped some vocals and the talkbox from our minor danish hit single "Hvis Jeg Var min kæreste". That was hella fun! 

:D

• Like 2

i recorded some bass tones, strechted da fuck out of it, resampled the tones, kickd some moog filter on it, played some keys, fingered some drums and that's it.

Chopped the piano, live bass with some FX and EQ learned from observing the awesome bassist in Abstract Orchestra does Dilla recently. Of course the usual LoDY cuts

Feedback appreciated!

Congrats on the win, and thanks for some nice rules. Yanked out my fender squire p-bass for this one