Sign in to follow this  
MicESanzMusic

DAW Discussion

5 hours ago, MicESanzMusic said:

idk. i haven't heard much about Acid Pro. that's a shame tho. a DAW that you really fuck with is hard to come by. 

im actually in the process of switching to Logic Pro X. it seems good and it seems like Apple will keep up with it. i doubt they'd discontinue it but the possibility is in the back of my mind. 

Logic Pro is a beast, so I'm sure that Apple will keep supporting it.  I own a copy but I've been on Ableton Live for so long I decided to cop a Push.  Still got Maschine on standby.

6 hours ago, soulREBEL360 said:

Logic Pro is a beast, so I'm sure that Apple will keep supporting it.  I own a copy but I've been on Ableton Live for so long I decided to cop a Push.  Still got Maschine on standby.

I'm pissed cause I learned Pro Tools and I really like it but Avid just raised their minimum system specs. It needs 16 gb RAM minimum, my computer has 8. It's also just SUPER expensive. 700 plus if u want support and updates it's 100  year. Logic just 200 so i made the tough decision to switch. gotta learn aa new DAW from scratch lol. Ableton or Reason would've been my next choice.

bruh why don't you just add some ram to your computer?

4 hours ago, Grifty said:

bruh why don't you just add some ram to your computer?

because i have a MacBook Pro and you can't. otherwise i would have. All Mac Laptops after like 2011 or something have all the parts soldered on or whatever (idk the terminology). if you want a faster MacBook you have to buy a new one. I got this computer last year so it has to be my computer for at least a couple years. i'm in school and don't have a high paying job.

*EDIT* btw i was using Pro Tools First. The free version of Pro Tools.

20 hours ago, MicESanzMusic said:

because i have a MacBook Pro and you can't. otherwise i would have. All Mac Laptops after like 2011 or something have all the parts soldered on or whatever (idk the terminology). if you want a faster MacBook you have to buy a new one. I got this computer last year so it has to be my computer for at least a couple years. i'm in school and don't have a high paying job.

*EDIT* btw i was using Pro Tools First. The free version of Pro Tools.

the RAM in your macbook is located next to the battery (depending on what version you own).  Shouldn't be soldered in or anything.  They just pop right out after removing the bottom of the case.

20 minutes ago, soulREBEL360 said:

the RAM in your macbook is located next to the battery (depending on what version you own).  Shouldn't be soldered in or anything.  They just pop right out after removing the bottom of the case.

macbooks after 2011 or something don't have interchangeable parts. i have one from 2015. i appreciate the help but i've already googled it. i also vaguely remember asking the Apple store employees about it when i first bought it and they said the same thing 

On 10/1/2017 at 5:03 PM, MicESanzMusic said:

The free version of Pro Tools.

Ahhhh well then by all means.  Logic is a powerful piece of software

On 10/2/2017 at 9:04 PM, Grifty said:

Ahhhh well then by all means.  Logic is a powerful piece of software

yeah i'm digging it. still hella annoying having to learn all the quirks and ins and outs of a different software tho. this the last time i'm switching. The only way i'd consider switching again MAYBE is if i had a friend or a fellow artist show me everything. Still tho, even then, this is too annoying. and i can't imagine why i would ever NEED to. I plan to be a Logic user forever now simply because I'm never going to make good music until i get to the point where a DAW is second nature. It's also convenient to know it'll always work well with Macs.