OfficeTime8889

J Dilla | Back to the Crib Mixtape

Look at what popped up on my Twitter feed:

Says BBE's giving this a 7" release. How they're going to pack upwards of 45 minutes onto a single 7" is beyond me but they've got my interest.

For all the beat tape heads on here, though I haven't listened to this in its entirety just yet, being familiar with Dilla it wouldn't surprise me if some interlude or unmarked beat made its way on this, this is a mix project: not a beat tape.

Reminds me of House Shoes' ​King James mixes … which are absolute flames BTW.

Listen here:

• Like 4

Now this is a real gem!!!!

Says BBE's giving this a 7" release. How they're going to pack upwards of 45 minutes onto a single 7" is beyond me but they've got my interest.

BBE's giving The Shining a 7" release. I'm guessing like the other 7" box sets we've seen. This is just some cool promo material.

• Like 1

Wish they'd make it easy to download these things, will make sure to grab this one though.

There any unreleased beats on there?

Doesn't seem like it; still haven't gotten through it in its entirety yet. I wonder what changes, if any, were made after this mix changed hands –– from Dilla to BBE. Anyone else find it a little odd that we hadn't heard anything about this mix in all the years of us perusing forums & other mediums + no associates of his have ever done as much as allude to this.

I wonder what Ma Dukes' and close confidants like Shoes' position is on this?