d-prock

NxWorries

Guest PuertoNico

Haven't seen Stones Throw confirm the report but it looks like the title for the Link Up & Suede follow-up will be called Yes Lawd

Nice. And that'll be the album or another EP? Really curious when they're coming out with some new heat

Nice. And that'll be the album or another EP? Really curious when they're coming out with some new heat

my source was the update on Anderson .Paak's wikipedia page. There's an article cited as well from what I recall, but Stones Throw has not confirmed it so it's merely a rumor at this point. That I know of, any details on the project haven't come out so it may be an EP or LP.

my source was the update on Anderson .Paak's wikipedia page.

i love people naming Wikipedia as a source with a straight face.

Take it a step further: make something up on Reddit, then add it to Wikipedia, using your Reddit post as your cited source material. That will make it true.

i love people naming Wikipedia as a source with a straight face.

There's an article cited as well

i love people who misquote others

Miller [.Paak's manager] confirms that the album will be called Yes Lawd, a recurring interjection on "Suede."

Mmmm, more good vibes from NxWorries! I like this one a lot; smooth beat and I like the lyrics from Paak on this one:

"I was grateful to be workin,

but say 'my back is hurtin',

I don't think it's the purpose,

no this can't be the call

At night I'm workin grave just countin the time.

On my break I write a song bout the love of my life.

This ain't right,

couple dollars in change

walkin home in the rain

jump in front of a train

bitch I might"

• Like 1

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/album/nxworries/yes-lawd

I like how ST doesn't concern themselves w/ mind fucking consumers. Album title, track list, cover art, release date, etc all in one HUGE bang

No features? What do you guys think, maybe they aren't listed? I mean that's fine and all, I'm excited for the album, but I had my fingers crossed for an Earl feature.

• Like 1

No features? What do you guys think, maybe they aren't listed? I mean that's fine and all, I'm excited for the album, but I had my fingers crossed for an Earl feature.

That's a solid call. Would not surprise me at all if Earl found his way on the album, in which case HOLLYY SHIIITTT

Please ST, have mndsgn remix the entirety of 'Yes Lawd!' Then release it for public consumption. Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Please ST, have mndsgn remix the entirety of 'Yes Lawd!' Then release it for public consumption. Many thanks in advance.

lol, a remix album before the actual release … jesusss

Not that I'd complain about more MNDSGN in the least

lol, a remix album before the actual release … jesusss

Not that I'd complain about more MNDSGN in the least

Naw dude. The album drops in a week. I'm not expecting it before. C'mon now...

• Like 1

Naw dude. The album drops in a week. I'm not expecting it before. C'mon now...

LOL! I was like, damn, dude … can we at least listen to it before calling for a remix variant, haha. I hear you though. Like I said, the more MNDSGN the better, even though I, surprisingly, haven't gotten into Body Wash all that much … YET

Cant wait for this!!!, some great music is coming out in 2016 to take away from all the hell going on...check out Josef Leimbergs New album to brothers its jammin

there is a stream of the album on okayplayer but I cant play it now someone should see how it is!!!!

there is a stream of the album on okayplayer but I cant play it now someone should see how it is!!!!

The stream is Apple Music. These ruthless mf's got the record a week early. If you've pre-ordered the digital/LP here at Stones Throw, or you're on Drip, "nx worries" we have that coming early as well, next week.

• Like 1

Shameless plug alert: I wrote about NxWorries' Link Up & Suede back in December of 2015. Went back and read it after listening to Yes Lawd! a few times this weekend.

It makes sense in retrospect, but I was kind of surprised that the "Link Up" and "Suede" singles made it onto the album. Makes it seem like the full-length was imminent from the get-go. I'm happy those tracks are getting greater exposure though; that EP was incredibly dope. I may end up writing about the new LP as well … we'll see

I was kind of surprised that the "Link Up" and "Suede" singles made it onto the album. Makes it seem like the full-length was imminent from the get go.

Maybe they wanted to leave space for Malibu to spread

Maybe they wanted to leave space for Malibu to spread

That would make sense. I've also found it interested how many labels Paak is signed to. The Nxworries stuff falls under Stones Throw, but, for instance, Malibu was released by Steel Wool, OBE, Art Club and EMPIRE. Not to mention he recently signed either a management or recording deal with Aftermath, so he's all over the place.

He is the next big thing in US music and everybody want a piece of the cake. That being said, I really expect this album. Malibu was very good I think. But this collab... it looks like KNX and PAAK always wanted to put this out. I do not know if authentic is something that exists for real but if it does, Yes Lawd! will be full of it.

He is the next big thing in US music

I wanted to proclaim hyperbole after reading this for the first time but I actually don't think you're far off. He's incredibly versatile. One of the things he has to his advantage / disposal is his cross-generational appeal. I thought Malibu blended new and old masterfully and sonically he blends synthetic sounds with live instrumentation enough to, again, appeal to a wide portion of the diaspora.

Also, I find his story to be overly fascinating. A lot of us know of him from Venice on, but he'd been grinding for some years before that. Definitely happy he stuck with it –– if that's not a lesson in faith, then I don't know what is …

Please ST, have MNDSGN remix the entirety of 'Yes Lawd!' Then release it for public consumption. Many thanks in advance.

The album will be released worldwide on October 21st. We have another video in the works, maybe some instrumentals, and maybe some remixes.

You may be on to something...

I wanted to proclaim hyperbole after reading this for the first time but I actually don't think you're far off. He's incredibly versatile.

The man will kill Kanye.

Edited by Yvon

Digging the record, really really like Get Bigger especially. I can feel where he's coming from on that one a lot, not the same exact situation of course but I've been there to a certain extent. Didn't realize they had put this out as a single earlier this month, totally overlooked that. Easily my favorite Paak song, beat is smooth too.

Very happy they saw this project through to an album, another great one for ST this year. I was really wrong about Paak back in the day, digging into his stuff more and I'm happy he's seeing the success he is getting. Looking forward to the Knx instrumentals too of course.

• Like 2

man I love this album! Raw Jam session! Thx Stones Throw now peanut butter wolf needs to take off that Damned HAT and stop sending copyright demons around the world and make a beat tape for us!!!

• Like 2