GC90

MADLIB

yeah well we were supposed to get both a madvillain 45 on Invazion and this mysterious electronic business too (Electron-Konductor? ElectroKonductive?) we'll see which comes first

What do we think will be on the MV45? Lib said 3 or 4 tracks...Probably Avalanche, Papermill (ft. Mos Def version) and Untitled ft. M.E.D that was on Benji B radio show.

Can't think of a fourth. Perhaps an unheard track to secure more sales. Or Travis 911, lol

Fk a 45. WR. TH. FK. IS MV 2

• Like 2

The most recent interview that they did together (both DOOM and Lib) they said they had almost the whole album recorded. This was September last year. Lib said two or three more tracks laid down and its done.

If it was The Villain alone saying that...Pass the salt & I'll take a pinch...but Otis saying it is different.

Best thing would be get the tracks that have been out there for a while sold in a non album format. If they ended up on the album it wouldn't flow as well due to the over familiarity of tracks like Avalanche and Papermill.

well this is the quote from madlib (also from september 2014):

“It’s basically on Doom,” Jackson said. “There’s enough material but it’s not an album yet. We’ve got 15 songs so far but we need another 15-20 to add on to the first album. People are expecting it to be better — or worse — but it’s just going to be an addition, a continuation. I’m actually putting a 45 out on my label very soon with two or three tracks on it.”

MV 2 is better off not being released. Everyone knows it's just gonna be disappointing and damage their reputation. That's why everyone involved has been hedging on the release. I don't care how dope Madlib and Doom are. When have sequel albums ever been good?

lmao it's not a sequel album like "Liquid Swords II", it's a second album by a group. many groups have more than one great album in them. the idea of duplicating the cultural impact of Madvillainy is basically an impossible task and if anyone is really still expecting that after all this time...

"it's a continuation" - madlib in every interview for 7 years

• Like 1

so how many tracks are they planning on the second album having?

30-35?

that doesn't even make sense...

haha he's said their strategy is to compile like 35 tracks and then whittle it down to "album length". he's also said this is how they did the first one, but I don't know where the extras went

haha he's said their strategy is to compile like 35 tracks and then whittle it down to "album length". he's also said this is how they did the first one, but I don't know where the extras went

maybe some of these newer tracks are actually just MV1 tracks that didn't make the cut...there definitely seems to be a big difference in the sound of DOOM's voice depending on the track. and i remember hearing the Savior Beans beat on that one bootleg beat tape that's been circulating around for years.

In a Gibbs interview when they were on tour late last year the Madlib said (for the umpteenth time) that he sent DOOM all the beats and that he was done with the project, the rest was up to DOOM.

lol the crackhead he sampled from youtube is asking for her dollar too i hear...

• Like 3

James and his label Tappan Zee Records claim the defendants used his music because they couldn't produce adequate music of their own.
"One of the problems that confront many 'Hip Hop' or 'Rap' artists is that they are unable to achieve an instrumental background musical sound quality for their works," James says in the complaint. "As a result, they borrow or 'sample,' therefore infringe the performance and composition of others in this case, the copywritten works of James and Tappan Zee."

lmao just one of the problems confronting 'rap' artists these days.

i'm sure the 76 year old bob james didn't discover this information on his own. and with a little help from sample ID sites...

now will the madlib make MORE records to compensate for the cash or less records because he's pissed off and nervous.

• Like 2

Lol madlib don't care... He's said in plenty of interviews he's lost count on how many times he's been sued and that it is what it is. Bob James will just get his keep quiet money and business will go on as usual. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

What about every other motherfucker who's sampled "Nautilus" since forever? Probably make more money suing than selling his own records. Yessir, whatever.