GC90

MADLIB

2 minutes ago, blockymock@live.com said:

I'm just posting here to say that I'm happy to see Madlib still doing things. And, reflecting on Madlibs work since I first listened to him in 2008, I'd have to say my favorite body of work by him is the "In Search of Stoney Jackson" Instrumental album. NOT because i dont like SAS but because I'm an instrumentally charged listener with Hip pop and rap music.

I got locked out of my KieranCrawford "Advanced Member" accnt btw

If you're antsy hit CTRL+F to find the Madlib quotes, otherwise its a decent read of a righteous dude. Fave segment:

STEREOGUM: Recently the announcements went live for a lot of the big festivals, and people were on Twitter comparing the font sizes. That’s how you can tell how popular a band really is.

SEGALL: That whole world, I don’t wanna pay attention to it.

STEREOGUM: You’re not in it for the second-tier font.

SEGALL: No way, man. All that stuff is all ridiculous. I like to focus on making the music, and the records, and playing good shows. If you focus on the fonts, you’re in it for the wrong reasons.

https://www.stereogum.com/1978399/ty-segall-on-freedom-goblin-the-whole-prolific-thing-the-hip-hop-album-he-hopes-to-make/franchises/interview/

Madlib did a dj set in Denver, Yasiin showed up on stage sayin "Madlib Black Star, Madlib, Yasiin, Talib, coming soon, Madlib Black Star, 2018"

The crowd went woo.

Was thinking the next Freddie Gibbs record might be out this year, it would be crazy getting that and new Blackstar this year

• Like 1

i was at the show, i have like 25-30 mins of raw footage.  Yasiin not only showed up unexpectedly, but he also started freestyling over unreleased Madlib beats.

VICE was there filming the opening act, Debo Band with Ayalew Mesfin, as well as The Madlib himself (Egon posted a photo last week of them being interviewed at Vinyl Me, Please in Denver).

Bey stayed the entire rest of the set, and Madlib ended by dropping 2-3 tracks from Bandana.  then he threw the mix CD into the crowd...so that means somebody in Denver has a CD full of unreleased joints AND new Freddie Gibbs.

i made a longer post about it on the reddit thread that mellow tooth guy made, but if anyone's interested i might upload at least some of the set on YouTube or something

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, James Frank. said:

Bey stayed the entire rest of the set, and Madlib ended by dropping 2-3 tracks from Bandana.  then he threw the mix CD into the crowd...so that means somebody in Denver has a CD full of unreleased joints AND new Freddie Gibbs.

i made a longer post about it on the reddit thread that mellow tooth guy made, but if anyone's interested i might upload at least some of the set on YouTube or something

Talk about not giving a fuuuuck. Reminds me of that one Boilerroom set I think in which he was playing in middle of the crowd with just loose discs laying around the turntables within anyones reach.

Glad to hear the show was awesome. Do try to post the footage if you can.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2018 at 8:41 AM, James Frank. said:

i was at the show, i have like 25-30 mins of raw footage.  Yasiin not only showed up unexpectedly, but he also started freestyling over unreleased Madlib beats.

VICE was there filming the opening act, Debo Band with Ayalew Mesfin, as well as The Madlib himself (Egon posted a photo last week of them being interviewed at Vinyl Me, Please in Denver).

Holy shit!

i hate to be the guy to say we've heard this one before haha... I'm still waiting on that Aretha blackstar mix

how fucking great would that be though. bandana and BlackLib? smells like soundtrack to late 2018

yeah i mean it was more of an accusatory "what is this"

i remember when blu couldn't get away with doing that shit

Hey everybody. I'm wondering if y'all could help me track down a video. I was browsing YouTube and on my recommend videos appeared a Madlib track I never heard before.  I checked it out and really dug the multiple beats on there (video was only about 3 mins), but off the thought that I'd remember the title of the video, I decided not to write it down which came to bite me back as I forgot the title. Anyway, the only beat I remember off the video was the instrumental to Madlib's remix of Teflon's "Get Mine"., and that the video was titled weirdly along the lines of "Madlib - _____ (_____) / _____ (_____)" (words of course filling the blanks). So for the off chance someone here has come across or knows of the video, a link or any information is greatly appreciated. I think the description noted it was a snippet from a podcast, but hell if i remember, I couldn't even remember the title.

That first beat can be heard on BBC Worldwide mix from 2004. One of my favorites.

• Like 2

Thanks, much appreciated!

Saw this on Reddit, pretty sweet

On 6/22/2018 at 9:28 PM, 1stN3rd said:

^🤔

copyrights have been claimed

On 8/5/2018 at 1:23 PM, Yvon said:

"CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS."

"First two dates on current EU tour cancelled due to illness."

Canceled in Paris as well. I'm fucked I already bought my train tickets...

Any news from the man? The night in Paris was actually good btw, Egon played some heavy drums and a lot of other stuffs. Plus MCDE is really skilled, & Louise Chen was on fire.

wtf i sure as hell hope madlib doesn't have lupus or sum shit.  rip jd

MadMac.PNG.6e812b04bc2b7e4d285ec2a12d630da2.PNG

This was posted on Quasimoto's Instagram story. I've never seen this photo, but some of you might already have. It was posted 3 years ago. Still, pretty dope picture. R.I.P. Mac Miller.

• Like 1

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2018/09/anderson-paak-dr-dre-madlib-oxnard/

“And Madlib, he’ll send the beat, right? And usually, if you get the beat, that’s it. You’re not gonna get the different stems, so you don’t have the opportunity to switch around their sound or whatever.” However, Madlib made exception when it was revealed that Dre would be working on the same track. “So, that was one of the instances where we just had the beat, and then when it came time to mix, Dre was like, ‘Yo we need the stems.’ ‘Cause Dre’s mixing the whole album. And I was like, ‘F*ck, man, we couldn’t get the stems from Madlib.’ We told him we would have to re-do the whole track. The next day, we got the stems.”