GC90

MADLIB

YOOOOOOOOO

https://massappeal.com/freddie-gibbs-madlib-zane-lowe-lophiile-pinata/

This is the point where we just kick back, forget about anything being said and get blessed (hopefully) with a single out of the blue (in a year or less).

Word on the street is there are a bunch of beat konducta albums floating around the internet, just not under madlib's name.

10 hours ago, 1stN3rd said:

Word on the street is there are a bunch of beat konducta albums floating around the internet, just not under madlib's name.

What you do mean? 

On 11/13/2017 at 6:45 AM, 4444 said:

That would be a Gilles Peterson show from June 27th 2002. BBC lists it as "Special studio guest Madlib and Peanut Butter Wolf".

Thanks, but I found the one I was looking for. "Madlib and Peanut Butter Wolf at Friends and Family Manchester 2002"

Man J Rocc and Benji B always good radio, goddamn that beat. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Dang guess clean version on Mind Fusion 4 under track 11, props to hhh 

• Like 1

man madlib is an underrated rapper imo

Another radio gem I really like is the heavily filtered "so excited baby" beat played on BBC Worldwide 2004. Few beats from that show actually made their way to Medicine Show 5.

Toyota of Oxnard

"Parts / Service X-elence (I Love What You Do for Me)" by Lootpack

Produced by Madlib

"That’s when I was trying to be like Pete Rock on the beats." - Madlib

• Like 5

On 12/5/2017 at 11:45 PM, Unseen Era said:

Toyota of Oxnard

"Parts / Service X-elence (I Love What You Do for Me)" by Lootpack

Produced by Madlib

"That’s when I was trying to be like Pete Rock on the beats." - Madlib

Ha that's my Youtube channel. One more classic from back in the day

• Like 3

flight to brazil vinyl is up for sale on rappcats. 25 bucks.

just copped one. $15 to ship. shit nearly doubles the price. it's insane to me. literally the most prohibitive aspect of rappcats to me. I routinely see something great there, add it to my cart, balk at the huge price increase at checkout and say fuck it i'm not gonna buy.

but for the madlib...

1 minute ago, SwampThing said:

flight to brazil vinyl is up for sale on rappcats. 25 bucks.

just copped one. $15 to ship. shit nearly doubles the price. it's insane to me. literally the most prohibitive aspect of rappcats to me. I routinely see something great there, add it to my cart, balk at the huge price increase at checkout and say fuck it i'm not gonna buy.

but for the madlib...

Rappcats shipping, man, tell me about. I wish they gave other options than only priority shipping which as you mentions adds an additional $10+, but to own Flight to Brazil with the unique chipboard sleeve is worth it. I hope they release the other mixes on vinyl. I'm keen own owning a vinyl copy of Black Soul.

http://www.rappcats.com/flight/

Can't believe it's been like two years since any new Madlib stuff dropped. Wonder why he's laying so low....

I was bummed, I paid $50 shipped for a copy, then found some other guy a few days later selling one for like $30 shipped. Bought that one too and gave my spare copy to a friend to try getting them into Brazil stuff

6 hours ago, 1stN3rd said:

Can't believe it's been like two years since any new Madlib stuff dropped. Wonder why he's laying so low....

You missed The Turn Up (EP) with MED and Blu?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nervous said:

You missed The Turn Up (EP) with MED and Blu?

Guess so. His shit's not getting as much press these days, probably cuz they're not getting released on Stones Throw. But also I'm more interested in the beats and jazz, out there shit.

• Like 1

so i wonder what the legalities of pressing up 420 Chalice All-Stars and Flight to Brazil are? I thought the whole point of only selling the even # MMS's as CDs without track lists or credits was to avoid legal hassle. though I guess they're still being manufactured and sold to this day without concern. has it just been long enough without lawsuit or cease and desist that everyone feels comfortable pressing a limited run? VMP has a (relatively) big following, but i guess it's just a calculated risk?

or is it better to just not even mention it

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SwampThing said:

so i wonder what the legalities of pressing up 420 Chalice All-Stars and Flight to Brazil are? I thought the whole point of only selling the even # MMS's as CDs without track lists or credits was to avoid legal hassle. though I guess they're still being manufactured and sold to this day without concern. has it just been long enough without lawsuit or cease and desist that everyone feels comfortable pressing a limited run? VMP has a (relatively) big following, but i guess it's just a calculated risk?

or is it better to just not even mention it

"better to just not even mention it" or ask Egon via a DM / PM

• Like 2

I'm just posting here to say that I'm happy to see Madlib still doing things. And, reflecting on Madlibs work since I first listened to him in 2008, I'd have to say my favorite body of work by him is the "In Search of Stoney Jackson" Instrumental album. NOT because i dont like SAS but because I'm an instrumentally charged listener with Hip pop and rap music.

On 08/01/2018 at 10:15 PM, SwampThing said:

so i wonder what the legalities of pressing up 420 Chalice All-Stars and Flight to Brazil are? I thought the whole point of only selling the even # MMS's as CDs without track lists or credits was to avoid legal hassle.

The whole point is that mix-vynils have no point.