GC90

MADLIB

Recommended Posts

EVERYBODY, HOLD ON:

Madlib – Barrel Proof / 10 Summers Old 7″

7-inch, two instrumentals, on the Technical Equipment Supply label. This 45 follows 2017 releases from Aphex Twin, Soundmurderer, and Atlas. The record is available only on Rappcats.com and in-store at Technical Equipment Supply, 306B N. River, Ypsilanti, Michigan.

A: Barrel Proof
B: 10 Summers Old

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 9:51 AM, 4444 said:

You know what would've been cool? A full Soundpieces Da Remix LP....

He did remix the entire album long ago, like 2000.  No idea what happened to it, but I remember this was in ADAT days, and that he had recorded over the Antidote master, because he needed a tape, or something along those lines.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/09/2017 at 4:03 AM, JJ said:

He did remix the entire album long ago, like 2000.  No idea what happened to it, but I remember this was in ADAT days, and that he had recorded over the Antidote master, because he needed a tape, or something along those lines.  

fuckin artists

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2017 at 4:31 AM, mau said:

wow its like everyone bought that new 7" just to resell for stupid prices :huh:

I'd be interested in trading a copy I got

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21-9-2017 at 12:07 AM, Dirty Cyclist said:

I'd be interested in trading a copy I got

haha no thanks i dont buy 45s, was just suprised to see the f-ckboy prices on discogs etc for 1 7inch single

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vinyl Me, Please is releasing Flight to Brazil and 420 Chalice All-Stars on wax.

Flight to Brazil will be available from their store October 16th, exclusively for members. 750 copies, black 2lp.

Chalice All-Stars:

"In November, our Rap And Hip-Hop subscribers will receive Living Legends’ Classic, a backpack rap, well, classic, that features production from legendary hip-hop producer Madlib, who made the Rap and Hip-Hop selection for December. 420 Chalice All Stars—a never released on vinyl selection from Madlib’s Medicine Show series that features an indelible mix of reggae and beats."

SH9OvlX.pnghttp://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/sign-vinyl-me-please-rap-hip-hop/

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Board is getting sleepy again, how's this not posted yet:

Some beats at least during the last 10 minutes.

Glad nobody is trying to steal the cdr's. Also, that venue does not look very safe for the crowd or the artist...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2017 at 8:12 AM, 4444 said:

Vinyl Me, Please is releasing Flight to Brazil and 420 Chalice All-Stars on wax.

Flight to Brazil will be available from their store October 16th, exclusively for members. 750 copies, black 2lp.

Chalice All-Stars:

"In November, our Rap And Hip-Hop subscribers will receive Living Legends’ Classic, a backpack rap, well, classic, that features production from legendary hip-hop producer Madlib, who made the Rap and Hip-Hop selection for December. 420 Chalice All Stars—a never released on vinyl selection from Madlib’s Medicine Show series that features an indelible mix of reggae and beats."

SH9OvlX.pnghttp://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/sign-vinyl-me-please-rap-hip-hop/

 

I don't collect vinyl much these days, but I'm def gonna grab the Flight to Brazil if I can. Do you have to pay to become a member? Or can I sign up and buy that one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SwampThing said:

yeah can't find any info on flight to brazil, that'd be my choice as well. shame they didn't go with #6

Didn't even think of that, yeah 2 and 6 I'd buy 100%

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Info on Brazil comes from their forum post HERE From what I gather, yes, you have to subscribe for a month for 42 dollarinos or for 3 months for 36/month. That's their cheapest/shortest option, unless Rappcats gets few loosies which I doubt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these guys put out a "special" madvillainy rerelease at some point too right? maybe donuts too? anyone who got on those remember if there were any other purchasing options beyond subscription? somehow i doubt there will be, but 42 bucks plus shipping is fucked, that's more than the medicine show 3LPs were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say VMP gets really confusing with all its fees, different tiers of memberships....

For Chalice you'd have to subscribe to their monthly service for the previously mentioned price. Then if you're an "Essential member", which I assume new sign ups won't be, you can pay additional(?) 23 bucks to get on the rap/hiphop subscription and receive Chalice as a part of that.

For Brazil again you need the monthly subscription, which grants you access to order member exclusive items, such as Brazil which atm they are listing at 27 dollars. Plus shipping like you said.

VMP staff could clarify if I got this right, but yyeeeaah, really doesn't grab me. For reference, Madvillainy had 3000 copies pressed btw.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol I'll just buy it on Discogs or eBay I guess :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The remix is so dope. wow.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SouloHoe said:

The remix is so dope. wow.png

 

Damn might have to find that japan soundpieces someday

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was bored, thanks @SouloHoe

 

Edit: Ha, forgot I posted this one up a few years ago played after this

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 11:02 PM, GC90 said:

Was bored, thanks @SouloHoe

 

Edit: Ha, forgot I posted this one up a few years ago played after this

 

 

Dope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now