GC90

MADLIB

Info on Brazil comes from their forum post HERE From what I gather, yes, you have to subscribe for a month for 42 dollarinos or for 3 months for 36/month. That's their cheapest/shortest option, unless Rappcats gets few loosies which I doubt?

these guys put out a "special" madvillainy rerelease at some point too right? maybe donuts too? anyone who got on those remember if there were any other purchasing options beyond subscription? somehow i doubt there will be, but 42 bucks plus shipping is fucked, that's more than the medicine show 3LPs were.

I have to say VMP gets really confusing with all its fees, different tiers of memberships....

For Chalice you'd have to subscribe to their monthly service for the previously mentioned price. Then if you're an "Essential member", which I assume new sign ups won't be, you can pay additional(?) 23 bucks to get on the rap/hiphop subscription and receive Chalice as a part of that.

For Brazil again you need the monthly subscription, which grants you access to order member exclusive items, such as Brazil which atm they are listing at 27 dollars. Plus shipping like you said.

VMP staff could clarify if I got this right, but yyeeeaah, really doesn't grab me. For reference, Madvillainy had 3000 copies pressed btw.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, SouloHoe said:

The remix is so dope. wow.png

Damn might have to find that japan soundpieces someday

• Like 2

Was bored, thanks @SouloHoe

Edit: Ha, forgot I posted this one up a few years ago played after this

• Like 1

yooooh

since I heard this on Kutmah's podcast I thought it was an unreleased.

I always wondered if Hip Hop and R&B Japanese listeners ever truly appreciated all those gems they have been spoiled with over the years.

On 10/11/2017 at 12:51 AM, SouloHoe said:

The remix is so dope. wow.png

On 9/22/2017 at 12:11 PM, mau said:

haha no thanks i dont buy 45s, was just suprised to see the f-ckboy prices on discogs etc for 1 7inch single

Whaddup Maurice !

I've been looking for your ass buddy !

No Pause

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:34 PM, 4444 said:

Board is getting sleepy again, how's this not posted yet:

Some beats at least during the last 10 minutes.

Glad nobody is trying to steal the cdr's. Also, that venue does not look very safe for the crowd or the artist...

man that was great thanks for the plug but why is it only on facebook, found half of it on youtube wish I could get the podcast or mp3

geech!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SouloHoe said:

Anyone familiar with the 'Raw Humps' beat tapes?

I mean, to the extent that few beats he played on BBC in 2005 were credited to "Raw Humps Beats #23, 15, 30, 88, and 17"

anybody got some advice on how to make that intense crazy hall reverb madlib uses?

4:03 in the budweiser set.  he uses it in parts during the song that starts at 8:30 too.  but he uses that reverb in his production a bunch too

On 10-11-2017 at 12:34 AM, Grifty said:

4:03 in the budweiser set.  he uses it in parts during the song that starts at 8:30 too.  but he uses that reverb in his production a bunch too

thats just a hall room, concer room reverb or some shit

yeah i think it's a spring reverb, not sure what kind tho it's so lush..

just stumbled across this and had a laugh

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SouloHoe said:

There is this live Madlib and PBW mix from 2002 that I lost, I can't remember the name of it. Anyone might have a idea what it is?

That would be a Gilles Peterson show from June 27th 2002. BBC lists it as "Special studio guest Madlib and Peanut Butter Wolf".

• Like 1